These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New player stopping in to say HELLO.

Author
Winters Chill
Unitas Incorporated
#21 - 2012-05-26 10:07:20 UTC
Welcome. Have Fun.

But get out of the forums while you still can.

Eve Online = Awesome.

Eve Online Forums = Chaos reigns here.
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#22 - 2012-05-26 10:09:18 UTC
Have fun, that's the main thing. And never stop learning.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#23 - 2012-05-26 10:12:14 UTC
Have fun, fly safe, look out for scams.

Tal

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-05-26 10:58:04 UTC
cool story. but you will have more fun playing the following games. D3, GW2, new ghost recon, BF3, World of Tanks, Checkers. Leave while you can.

I have more space likes than you. 

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#25 - 2012-05-26 11:15:13 UTC
Winters Chill wrote:

Eve Online Forums = Chaos reigns here.

All the more reason to stay here.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2012-05-26 12:14:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiteo Hatto
Welcome to EVE, Im in the same boat as you on/off from 2007.

Eve HAS great music, below the asteroids is an amazing track, check the remix called "above the asteroids" on youtube, it's even better :D

Have fun YOUR way :)
Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#27 - 2012-05-26 13:09:39 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
Welcome. Keep one eye on local, D-scan handy, and watch out for bad posters.

BAD POSTER ALERT
Devious Relation
Obsessive Compulsive Disasters
#28 - 2012-05-26 13:16:58 UTC
Dreshden Ellecon wrote:
I dunno why i couldn't find the fun factor in this before. perhaps CCP dummed it down some.

I smell troll
Djavo
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#29 - 2012-05-26 13:19:59 UTC
Good to hear you're having fun, keep it that way and it'll rock for a long time :)
Ayla Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-05-26 14:18:35 UTC
zama118 wrote:
welcome
5 years from now you can come back and post like a bitter vet Big smile its every new players goal in eve

My trip to bittervet took only a mere 4-5 months, bout when I first lost a ship in an absolutely stupid way. Since then I have learned many things including how to cause other players pain and how to avoid it myself. Good knowledge to have, get out there and lose some ships.
Dreshden Ellecon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-05-26 15:31:29 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
cool story. but you will have more fun playing the following games. D3, GW2, new ghost recon, BF3, World of Tanks, Checkers. Leave while you can.

currently playing D3.

GW2 i have no interest in all i know is that apparently its supposed to change your entire life when you play it. Not sure if i'm ready to ascend to a higher level of living just yet. Also the production values and character models scream NCsoft all over them with their Tera like Korean look to them. definitely not westernized toons.

Ghost recon to much of a combat simulator i just want to pew pew .Which brings me to BF3. currently also play that on the console.

thing is. i can have fun playing more than one game.

and to the posters who warn me about losing my ship. I've already lost two of my ships. and no they weren't in tutorial missions either i wanted to test the waters to see how far i could get in the universe. waters have been officially tested. loved every second.

I used to be one of those people who ganked folks in ultima online when ultima online had free for all PVP. this game i will treat no different. And from the way the tutorials are made. don't fly what you can't afford to replace. so if i always have a fitted out backup me dyeing and even getting podded means only a minor set back and a lesson learned.
Komen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-05-26 15:34:37 UTC
Welcome to the freakshow. Come on in, the water's fi...nevermind, someone just peed.

Shaniqua Minmatar
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-05-26 15:35:12 UTC
On behalf of The Goonswarm Federation, please allow me to welcome you to playing EVE. If I or any other Goon can be of any help please don't hesitate to flag down anybody wearing the bee and we'd be honoured to assist.

Sincerely sent from the desk of

Shinaqua Minmatar, Esq (A member of the Cluster Fuck Coalition Alliance)

p.s. Have a great day!

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#34 - 2012-05-26 15:40:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Welcome to the sandbox, watch out for the occasional turd and have fun in whatever way you see fit Big smile

PS never ever give someone who sports a bee any money or stuff, they are the pikeys of Eve Pirate

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ayla Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-05-26 16:03:14 UTC
Nah, Goons are fine and upstanding people, just not fine and upstanding to outsiders. Don't trust them with your stuff, as you do not know how to become a goon, and giving them your stuff will not make you a goon, no matter what they tell you.

Basically, if Goons scam you, you deserved it, Internet Darwinism at work.
Riyal
invidious Squid
#36 - 2012-05-26 22:49:27 UTC
Welcome, eve took me a few attempts to get into too. The game has got a little easier start playing over the years, its still a learning clift though.

There's always something new to learn and do in eve if you look for it, even after many years there are still areas I haven't fully tested.

In hindsight my post should have had more psssshhhh

Burzrujat
XieDu Fleet
#37 - 2012-05-26 23:36:34 UTC
Welcome! Fly safe, or dangerously if you prefer; in either case, have fun.
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-05-27 00:21:08 UTC
Ensure you are wearing an entirely flame-proof suit before attempting to operate the forums.
We hope you enjoy your stay!
Mathias Hex
#39 - 2012-05-27 03:52:50 UTC
Let's see how long you can go before you start touching yourself while playing... Think I made it a week.

I recall one night in a nightclub called the matrix, there I was... Mother of god there I am! Holy f**k.

Previous page12