These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

There are only 2 Militias

First post
Author
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#381 - 2012-05-24 20:48:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
Chan Omari wrote:
Andre Vauban wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Drackarn wrote:

@ Everyone stating D 'n' D Cannot Be Trusted
Please link all the other threads where we've been raged at for assisting First Generals mob against either the Minmatar or the Gallente. Don't worry, I'll wait. Go on!
Somebody with better eve-search skills than me should link Neo Gabriel's emo-raging post about SoTF RR'ing WBR against Gallente militia in our theater of operations.... It was much more on point than this relatively drama free thread.

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1489825-0/page/8#223

XG, can I get my cookie now?

LOL I remember this, had totally forgotten about it ...........So why are folks surprised Shocked...This has all happened before and it will all happen again.

I predict that SOTF will be repairing Amarrian WTs in the spring of 2013....1,000,000 isk on it Pirate

Hey this is a non issue.. You can shoot those 6 or 8 logistics they bring, with out losing standings to your Militia, but of course they can just dock up or jump through the gate.. Well ok they can't dock up anymore, CCP trolled us there, but anyway if you don't like the fact your Militia allies are helping your war targets you must be a silly RPer..

Lol

Also I had forgotten about the whole Heyd people thing.. I never knew the back story on that but seemed there was always a split in Gal Militia between the Nis & Heyd guys.
Lock out
Shadows Of The Federation
#382 - 2012-05-24 20:55:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Lock out
Mutnin wrote:

Also I had forgotten about the whole Heyd people thing.. I never knew the back story on that but seemed there was always a split in Gal Militia between the Nis & Heyd guys.

Different timezone, different cultures, etc. Basically Nis is EU TZ and Heyd (now Nenn and Raka) is US TZ. Truth be told, in between dramabombs we actually get along great now, but there was deffinitely a time when there was a lot of friction.

Mutnin wrote:
but anyway if you don't like the fact your Militia allies are helping your war targets you must be a silly RPer..

Lol

Confirming that ppl who don't like what we're doing are either carebears or RPers. Nobody in their right mind can dislike us, we're adorable.

Ninja edit :

The fact that we're posting in page 20 of the thread reinforces the fact that agree with our actions or not, we created great content and shook up FW a bit Evil
Gallactica
#383 - 2012-05-24 20:56:10 UTC
Lock out wrote:
Gallactica wrote:
we were in guardians do not like we could shoot back.

Uhmm .. what ? Did you spend 300 quids on strippers and drinks again ?

Ummmm, maybe.........I should stop posting from the pub tbh.
Salicaz
Verrimus Caelum
#384 - 2012-05-24 20:57:19 UTC
20 pages of hurt.

So if Kamela was "just for lulz" as Hans said.......where are the fleets to keep getting the lulz?

That's right, their backs were broken since you tried really hard to take Kamela but failed. And in your frantic tantrum where I imagine dummies were spat out and toys left prams and high velocities you cry and scream at SOTF.

Still happy in Kamela here :)
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#385 - 2012-05-24 21:01:46 UTC
Salicaz wrote:
20 pages of hurt.

So if Kamela was "just for lulz" as Hans said.......where are the fleets to keep getting the lulz?

That's right, their backs were broken since you tried really hard to take Kamela but failed. And in your frantic tantrum where I imagine dummies were spat out and toys left prams and high velocities you cry and scream at SOTF.

Still happy in Kamela here :)

Show me a FW entity (historically and in-practice casual "weekend warrior" types) who can maintain a 100 man presence 24 hours a day for prolonged periods of time and then I'll tell you where to go to find your lulz. Taking a breather, bro. And its not as if we aren't still active in both Euro and US timezones. Ask I.LAW or 7th Fleet how to use the stargates to get out of Kamela, maybe you'll find some fights then.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Gallactica
#386 - 2012-05-24 21:01:58 UTC
And btw.

Wooooot 20 pages, ccp owe us a beer for all this FW drama shenanigans.
Rydal32
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#387 - 2012-05-24 21:05:53 UTC
This thread has rallied me out of hibernation. Thanks everyone, didn't want that spare time anyway.
Chan Omari
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#388 - 2012-05-24 21:08:17 UTC
Lock out wrote:

different cultures

Confirming the cultural differences and why its so darn hard to understand our EUTZ FCs Big smilehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oDFogjXdIVc

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#389 - 2012-05-24 21:53:34 UTC
+2 e-cookies. And a shiny new Exeqeror Navy Issue! Check contracts in Nenna.
Princess Nexxala wrote:
1 E-cookie for you sir. Well at least SOTF is consistent unlike some.
Andre Vauban wrote:

Drackarn
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#390 - 2012-05-24 21:56:33 UTC
Lock out wrote:
Gallactica wrote:
we were in guardians do not like we could shoot back.

Uhmm .. what ? Did you spend 300 quids on strippers and drinks again ?

Sorry, but unless you are spending £1000 in a UK strip club, you are doing it wrong! (S0TF meet up after Fanfest next year, I'll show you how to do it! Birmingham anyone?)

Iceland Stripclubs are just as good btw!

Look, we helped W-BR hold their system. Now we are back to shooting them. Until some big alliance comes stomping around, we'll remain at war.

Nobody can bring the support that W-BR do. QCats may come close, 60% close apparently, but not in out TZ.

The odd idiot Protius aside, we'll shoot W-BR on a day to day basis and team up with them as and when needed.

Gallente militia don't like that? Get your act together and behave like W-BR (in our TZ) and we'll happily team up with you for the big fights.

Until then.......

Hasta la vista...... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!

P.S. It's late and the above may not represent official S0TF policy. Just me! Woof Woof!

http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.com/

Gallactica
#391 - 2012-05-24 22:20:32 UTC
Ok Ok enough of the trolling.

In all seriousness it wasnt an ideal situation, we knew before we headed to Kamela it was going to be a bit messy.

But, we are very close brosefs with WBR, regardless of being in FW or not we have for a long time and will continue to do so in the future do whatever we can to help each other in any way possible.

Them losing there home was not an option and they would do exactly the same for us.

However no-one likes potential bluey problems (including us believe it or not) as we take this stuff very seriously - we coulda rolled into Kamela with a full combat fleet but we thought what we did was the best option in the circumstances.

For all those butt hurt and pissed off then genuinely this was not something we wanted but I can see in a certain light why you would be, we are a long way from perfect but we will always back our friends, yes WBR are by far our closest brosefs (funnily enough we actually are not blue with each other, but when a call comes from either side the other is there with everything it can to assist).

I genuinely thought a compromise could be sorted, but again can see how it was virtually impossible to have a all round diplomatic solution.

Dont get me wrong i will not apologise and i will say I would not do anything differently to what we did but trolling aside I can see why some corners are a little miffed (even though I don't agree).

This is what makes eve and fw great, it's not the direction that ccp pushes things but the things that us as players do that shape the landscape of what we do (for right or wrong).

20 pages is unbelievable content and is great fun to be part of, whichever side of the fence your opinion lies.

Anyway, back to the nekked ladies, I'm losing street cred being an internet spaceship geek at the moment :)
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#392 - 2012-05-24 22:46:51 UTC
Gallactica wrote:
Ok Ok enough of the trolling.

In all seriousness it wasnt an ideal situation, we knew before we headed to Kamela it was going to be a bit messy.

But, we are very close brosefs with WBR, regardless of being in FW or not we have for a long time and will continue to do so in the future do whatever we can to help each other in any way possible.

Them losing there home was not an option and they would do exactly the same for us.

However no-one likes potential bluey problems (including us believe it or not) as we take this stuff very seriously - we coulda rolled into Kamela with a full combat fleet but we thought what we did was the best option in the circumstances.

For all those butt hurt and pissed off then genuinely this was not something we wanted but I can see in a certain light why you would be, we are a long way from perfect but we will always back our friends, yes WBR are by far our closest brosefs (funnily enough we actually are not blue with each other, but when a call comes from either side the other is there with everything it can to assist).

I genuinely thought a compromise could be sorted, but again can see how it was virtually impossible to have a all round diplomatic solution.

Dont get me wrong i will not apologise and i will say I would not do anything differently to what we did but trolling aside I can see why some corners are a little miffed (even though I don't agree).

This is what makes eve and fw great, it's not the direction that ccp pushes things but the things that us as players do that shape the landscape of what we do (for right or wrong).

20 pages is unbelievable content and is great fun to be part of, whichever side of the fence your opinion lies.

Anyway, back to the nekked ladies, I'm losing street cred being an internet spaceship geek at the moment :)

Thank you for at least recognizing why people are upset instead of maintaining the earlier SOTF attitude of "DGAF, deal with it."

A compromise could have been sorted, if you had come to the Minmatar leadership several days in advance instead of showing up unannounced as our fleet was gearing up for the push on Kamela. You mentioned that you, as an individual, control what the rest of Gallente Militia does/thinks, and that is great for you, but the Minmatar don't work that way: that isn't a bad thing. Not all of the Minmatar Leadership had a chance to participate in the hasty, last-minute negotiations that were frankly doomed from the start. It's hard to stop a snowball from turning into an avalanche when it's already half way down the mountain. SOTF knew the Minmatar would make a push on Kamela, it should have been left up to your initiative to try and come to an agreement in the days/weeks prior.

You can't expect us to be happy that you cast aside our blue relationship for a different blue relationship, regardless of the fact that you want those blues more than us, especially on such short notice. vOv

Anyway, what has happened has happened and I imagine you're red to everyone in MinMil except for SP-DR now. Should be some good fights ahead, so fly dangerous.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Gallactica
#393 - 2012-05-24 22:52:00 UTC
Oh we are set red by you guys not neutral?

Kk will sort our standings accordingly mate.
Vonlutt
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#394 - 2012-05-24 22:55:09 UTC
Basically the drama originates from you saying get out of Kamela or you'll reset Iron Oxide and Late Night, which actually *were* blue with you for your smurfsbrigade brosefs wartargets.

I mean, we knew they would pull anything they could to try to save their home system, and we would too if it came down to it so no hard feelings in that regard towards them what so ever, we just didn't expect it from the gallente blues.
Gallactica
#395 - 2012-05-24 22:57:03 UTC
Vonlutt wrote:
Basically the drama originates from you saying get out of Kamela or you'll reset Iron Oxide and Late Night, which actually *were* blue with you for your smurfsbrigade brosefs wartargets.

I mean, we knew they would pull anything they could to try to save their home system, and we would too if it came down to it so no hard feelings in that regard towards them what so ever, we just didn't expect it from the gallente blues.

Meh I give in.
SigmaPi
Ambivalent Inc
Coney Island Ski Club
#396 - 2012-05-24 23:09:03 UTC
v0v

I had fun. Piiiiiewww

<3
Tekitha
Esshulls Retirement Club
#397 - 2012-05-24 23:11:18 UTC
Since I know eve players love real world analogies so much, here's one for you.

Imagine if you will you have two good friends, let's call them Mohammad and Abdullah for arguments sake. Now, Mohammad is considerably bigger than Abdullah and these two friends have never liked each other, they constantly bicker and you generally just tolerate there disdain for each other and don't get involved.

One day a fight kicks off between the two of them, Mohammad starts beating the living crap out of Abdullah, do you ...

a) join in with Mohammad and beat Abdullah to within an inch of his life, likely leaving him crippled for months to come.
b) stand idly by and watch Mohammad beat Abdullah to within an inch of his life, likely leaving him crippled for months to come.
c) turn the tide of the fight and kick the crap out of your good friend Mohammad.
d) put yourself inbetween your two friends and act as a deterrant to try and break up the fight and negotiate some kind of peace, or at the very least, keep abdullah out of hospital.

We chose option d, as I'm sure just about any non-sociopathic human being would.

Is that clearer?
marketjacker
Mr. Clean Corp..
#398 - 2012-05-24 23:26:45 UTC
You are missing a key choice Tek, once the two have started fighting drop in and kick them both in the throat.

Anyways, Neo Gabriel's rage post was brought up and made us in SLAPD all laugh. One of the things that brings me to this thread is the fact it was my old character losing a Proteus to this same confusing set up that sparked a man child rampage in SLAPD. Now I can see how LNA is upset, but really at this stage in the game, I'd say it was poor intel or forethought to not worry about a SOTF effort to save WBR if they were about to be forced out of their home with no good place to go. After all that last year, Shadowwolves.net. the Erebus combined op, and a few other very well organized joint fleets, you'd have to at least plan on it. You can be mad about it all you want but simply put, you could also just accept it and move on, and choose to make them enemies or make them friends.

If the Minnies can't take Kamela on their own even with occasional SOTF support for W-BR, they are doing it wrong. You guys have the numbers and the TZ coverage. You have all the tools you need to still force the issue.

As for SLAPD and SOTF we plan on working much more closely in the future and really, it's a testament to the leadership in SOTF that we are friends at all. A mutual respect for the skill and desire for fun PVP healed our divide and things between SOTF and SLAPD are better than they are between any other gallente miltia corp for SLAPD. This is primarily because we don't freak out over RP/Plexing ****, we demand a level of competence from our pilots, and we seek fun fights, not just ones we can win (blobbing is **** when you do it 23.5/7). Those combined with both groups having a sense of humor and having a tinge of man child rage is all you need.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#399 - 2012-05-25 00:22:18 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
I think everybody agrees that SOTF is free act however they choose, and other corps/alliances are also completely free to do what they want in response to SoTF's actions. This is a sandbox after all.

I think we've also established that SoTF isn't the entire Gallente militia, that it doesn't have control over any Gallente militia corporation outside of its alliance, and that almost all Gallente militia corporations (such as QCATS) honor our blue standings with our counterparts (especially our friends in the Minmatar Militia). We can now end this thread.

/thread ( <---- This never works btw )
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#400 - 2012-05-25 01:55:20 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
We can now end this thread.

How DARE you end the entertainment so soon!

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary