These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[Inferno] New Merlin, Hybrids, and Caldari Ships in general

Author
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#21 - 2012-05-22 22:44:41 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
If they give my brutix enough PG for 7 250 rails and a tank...

Would it be able to *SNIPE*

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Victor Sane
A-1 Industrial and Salvage
#22 - 2012-05-24 12:07:57 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
Ashimat wrote:
Quote:
-Is a greater affinity for blaster brawling a thing Caldari pilots need, or want?

Looking at how cold the missile-boats leave me, hybrids are the primary weapon-system for Caldari, and have been for a while Cool

BY GOD!
what happened to your face?

It's:

CCP Nullarbor wrote:

An Official Response From CCP

Dude... your face?

uhmm yea she looks like a breed from battlestar gallactica with gaius and kara's face.... other words she looks like a she*male (wups)
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-05-24 12:19:15 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
To OP-

I absolutely want brawler Caldari Blaster boats. In alot of ways they are more practical to use then Gallente blaster boats. The hybrid buffs really hit the Caldari boats in their sweet spot. They can usually fit ions or nuetrons AND have an impressive tank. As shield tankers they can load their low slots with damage mods and tracking enhancers. They may not have the raw damage potential of Gallente but they can hit out alot farther. The Ferox can project 11km optimal and 11km falloff with Null for example.

The Ancillary Shield Boosters are a game changer as well. After playing around on SISSI the X-Large A Booster on a Ferox allows it to have a very sick tank and a web. Talk about shocked opponents....

+1 here main Gallente/hybrids first training pain

Until CCP balances ships decently, witch is in the way but will be very slow, Calamari blaster platforms outperform gallente ones because better tank, range dmg application with little difference, better manoeuvrability.
The only reason I see to take Gallente hull over Calamari one is when sitting at a gate or at a station undock.

brb

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-05-24 12:22:03 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
If they give my brutix enough PG for 7 250 rails and a tank...

Would it be able to *SNIPE*

Deimost same problem

Rails Proteus same problem

Each and every one of these needs a snowflake fit to be able to fit the dam rails but then, no tank dmg/tracking mods because no more CPU/PG or slots.

Ridiculous.

brb

Lunkwill Khashour
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-05-24 12:56:00 UTC
Sniping has been dead for some time now due to on grid warping/probing. It will continue to remain dead for everything not using large weapons apart from the odd Cormorant. 10% optimal range isn't going that change that.

Merlin blaster is very good:

[Merlin, dps/boost]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
'Langour' Drive Disruptor I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I

Does 240 overheated dps, 147.6 overheat tank and 4k overheated speed.
Aulx-Gao Ekanon
#26 - 2012-05-24 14:05:06 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:

Until CCP balances ships decently, witch is in the way but will be very slow, Calamari blaster platforms outperform gallente ones because better tank, range dmg application with little difference, better manoeuvrability.
The only reason I see to take Gallente hull over Calamari one is when sitting at a gate or at a station undock.

Calamari?!

_Naughty by nature, wicked by choice. _

Plus 1
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-05-25 00:56:22 UTC
Victor Sane wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:

Looking at how cold the missile-boats leave me, hybrids are the primary weapon-system for Caldari, and have been for a while Cool

BY GOD!

It's:

CCP Nullarbor wrote:

Dude... your face?

It's Jan Lynch and Michael Jackson's love child.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#28 - 2012-05-25 00:59:30 UTC
Plus 1 wrote:
Victor Sane wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:

BY GOD!

It's:

CCP Nullarbor wrote:

Dude... your face?

It's Jan Lynch and Michael Jackson's love child.

Xenuria's face was spectacular back when that thread happened. Can't find a picture though.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Blue Wingman
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-05-28 00:29:51 UTC
Aulx-Gao Ekanon wrote:
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:

Calamari?!

Calamari
Pink Marshmellow
Caucasian Culture Club
#30 - 2012-05-28 04:54:23 UTC
Rokh will become a hybrid and shield version of the Abaddon.

5% damage and shield resist.

Coming in 2020.
Previous page12