These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Power Grid requirements of Long range weapon is insanely high.

Author
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#21 - 2012-05-23 20:46:46 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
Scorch and Barrage is long range, null... isn't. Hybrid boats are the only ones that actually have to fit long range guns for long range...Roll

Wanna know how far a talos/mega can hit with null ?

60km's; that's usually more then enough for a "close range".
Note that I don't use void that much anyway because null still hits better then void due to tracking issues at close range (and that you lose most, if not all, of your dps after 5-10km's).

Granted I have mine with tracking enhancers & magstabs but talos is all about glorius dps anyway.
Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Horse Feathers
CAStabouts
#22 - 2012-05-24 05:11:55 UTC
Baneken wrote:
sabre906 wrote:
Scorch and Barrage is long range, null... isn't. Hybrid boats are the only ones that actually have to fit long range guns for long range...Roll

Wanna know how far a talos/mega can tickle with null ?

Note that I don't use void that much anyway because null still hits better then void due to tracking issues at close range (and that you lose most, if not all, of your dps after 5-10km's).

Granted I have mine with tracking enhancers & magstabs but talos is all about glorius dps anyway.

fixed

thhief ghabmoef

Victor Sane
A-1 Industrial and Salvage
#23 - 2012-05-24 10:52:39 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Currently long range weapons uses almost all if not more than all of a ships powergrid.

Even with all level 5 skills a moa with 5 250's has only 39 pg left for fitting.

With all Level 5's a Ferox with 6 250's has 180 power grid left.

A brutix can fit 7 tech 2 neutrons and a 10mn micro warpdrive with 100 powergrid left over.

Rails even have higher CPU requirements, and use nearly twice as much capacitor.

The range benefit of these weapons would be good if they were easier to fit, but currently they are worse than short range in every way besides range. Please make long range weapons have lower fitting.

sounds like to me you didnt spend a power grid rig on your setup or maybe theres some skill missing in there
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-05-24 14:19:09 UTC
Fronkfurter McSheebleton wrote:
Baneken wrote:
sabre906 wrote:

Wanna know how far a talos/mega can tickle with null ?

fixed

Lol yeah, outer edge of 2x falloff for Large Neutrons, if you fit 3x TEs.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#25 - 2012-05-24 15:11:08 UTC
Kasutra wrote:
rail Proteus.

There is no such thing. If you find one, kill it and report to CCP, they will permaban the account holder.

Small rails are good on some fits, large 350mms ok on a POS bashing Domi.

Medium Rails are terrible. There is a viable Brutix fit using them, but if you want that mid-range Gallente, just go Blastos.

(Talos kills at 40km, not at 60km. Which is usually more than enough, considering point range and all that jazz.)

Previous page12