These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Another idea on a new tier of Destroyer.

Author
Tarak Addaney
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-05-23 23:24:24 UTC
Was thinking how alot of people like interdictors.

So perhpas making another tier of destroyers, that are dictors, but able to use a cov ops cloak. To be able to travel with recon gangs.
Able to use the sphere launcher up and running while cloaked.

So it would be a nice surprise of sorts. Can sit there on a gate with a recon gang or travel around.

Thoughts?
Luba Cibre
Global Song Setup
#2 - 2012-05-23 23:28:17 UTC
Tarak Addaney wrote:

So perhpas making another tier of destroyers, that are dictors, but able to use a cov ops cloak. To be able to travel with recon gangs.

So it would be a nice surprise of sorts. Can sit there on a gate with a recon gang or travel around.

Thoughts?

Before even thinking about new T2 Destroyers, there should be a new Tier 2 Destroyer.

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

Tarak Addaney
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-05-23 23:33:18 UTC
Luba Cibre wrote:
Tarak Addaney wrote:

Thoughts?

Before even thinking about new T2 Destroyers, there should be a new Tier 2 Destroyer.

yes true, but ideas never hurt =)

Baroness Raven
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-05-23 23:37:45 UTC
Would like to see destroyers in general be able to use some sort of high-slot SONAR mod to help locate cloaked vessels in proximity. Similar to how destroyers at sea hunt subs under the ocean. Maybe a new class of destroyer, like an alternate t2 or even t3 would be good for that.
Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Horse Feathers
CAStabouts
#5 - 2012-05-23 23:53:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Fronkfurter McSheebleton
You're really big on this sonar thing, hmm?

Honestly, cloaking is fine as-is, and nobody would fly a ship like that anyway.

If anything, we just need a new tier of destroyers that aren't glass cannons. Something to bridge the gap between 500k T1 frigs and 10 mil T1 cruisers, since the current dessies don't do well at anything besides killing frigates and salvaging.

thhief ghabmoef

Alara IonStorm
#6 - 2012-05-23 23:59:32 UTC
I want 4 Rabid Launch Dessies that work like the Caracal.

That way when they rebalance it their are 4 replacements, one for each damage type. Low DPS, 20kish tank, slower, long range.
Tankn00blicus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-05-24 02:04:36 UTC
Fronkfurter McSheebleton wrote:
the current dessies don't do well at anything besides killing frigates and salvaging.
How could you forget suicide ganking?!
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#8 - 2012-05-24 02:11:11 UTC
Fronkfurter McSheebleton wrote:
You're really big on this sonar thing, hmm?

Honestly, cloaking is fine as-is, and nobody would fly a ship like that anyway.

There may be lots of other problems with this idea, but "nobody would fly a ship like" is not one of them.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Rel'k Bloodlor
Federation Front Line Report
Federation Front Line
#9 - 2012-05-24 05:07:46 UTC
I would be happy if they just made a second t1 dessy that used the races other wepon type.
Caldari-missles
gallente-drones
Amarr-50/50 rokets and drones
minmatar-IDK fail sheild repping?

I wanted to paint my space ship red, but I couldn't find enough goats. 

Boomhaur
#10 - 2012-05-24 05:30:30 UTC
I settle for them making the Commorant a missile boat, it's Caldari after all it begs to have a missile spewing T1 dessie. After all we already have the Laser/Hybrid/Projectile boats covered and this one so switch this one to missiles.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#11 - 2012-05-24 07:11:05 UTC
T1 missile destroyer pls, the rocket Flycatcher is pretty good, but way to expensive for just solo pvp.