These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

LOL Oxygen Isotopes

First post
Author
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#61 - 2011-10-02 14:50:43 UTC
slaughtered 50 exhumers and pods just in vaurent nbd

for some reason nobody's left in the belts though!

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

DON HONDURAS
Perkone
Caldari State
#62 - 2011-10-02 23:42:16 UTC
If you want to make money off this, build/import Brutixes to Jita. They're all sold out there and less than 20 are in the entire Forge.

Oxytopes rebounding after an late Saturday / early Sunday rubberband-dip, too.
Tesal
#63 - 2011-10-03 00:12:40 UTC
I'm bored. Do something funny.
Aethis Rex
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#64 - 2011-10-03 01:45:24 UTC
Goons, you all make this game very interesting. Something to motivate me into login on Lol
Angsty Teenager
Broski North
#65 - 2011-10-03 06:56:18 UTC
Goons are full of bullshit, oxygen isotopes are just a troll, mittani is a troll and their market team is a bunch of idiots.

In fact, I don't understand why some of the market gurus in here don't rent out their services to major alliances to make those alliances bank.

L2messwithnitrogenisotopesnexttime. I LURV carebear tears.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#66 - 2011-10-03 08:32:54 UTC
DON HONDURAS wrote:
Ice miners not leaving gallente space are just fodder.

Or bait. Ptraci 1, Goons 0
Mandini Arcturus
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#67 - 2011-10-03 08:44:59 UTC
I am disappointed that you goons wouldn't fight our little bc gang in DO6H-, we did have fun shooting up your cans of ice though :D
Kagan Storm
Doomheim
#68 - 2011-10-03 08:45:01 UTC
Bought 1 Billion units... lets see what happenes :) If nothing else i have fuel for next 5 years :)

My ego is the the size of my carriers jump range.

Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#69 - 2011-10-03 14:08:35 UTC
My prediction thus far.

Prices initially spiked due to pure speculation, those prices are falling fast as people expent stockpiles trying to catch what they believe to be the high trailing edge of oxytopes prices. Combine this with lower than average purchasing and the reason for oxytope prices continued fall back to earth are clear. I suspect that volume is down as people try to wait the price spike out in anticipation of little real impact to supply.

Here's the kicker though, you haven't seen the impact on supply yet. Anybody who visits a Gallente ice belt in empire will get a firm understanding of what's at stake here, where there used to be 20 macks mining ice non stop 23/7 hours a day, there are maybe 1 or 2 and they are mining in quick halting cycles dodging incoming suicide attacks. There is little supply now and this has yet to catch up to the market. The price will lower down to maybe 600~ kept high by some continued speculation until existing profit taking supplies burn off and then you'll see the real impact of this adventure. At that point people find out just how inelastic demand is for oxytopes.

Or people will sell their nyxes/erebuses/Rorquals/Gal towers and use something else! Who knows! This is all very exciting and a lot of fun :)

Elise DarkStar
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2011-10-03 14:16:19 UTC
Vile rat wrote:
My prediction

Agreed.
Kagan Storm
Doomheim
#71 - 2011-10-03 15:08:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagan Storm
Vile rat wrote:
My prediction thus far.

O my God....You are a Noob... I actually tough this was real.... If it was real you would have not came here and bumped the "oh noz goonz gona stall oallz oxigenzzz" thread...

Why did you come on forums and write anything..... You could have left it for 2 more days price would have probably spiked to 1000 you should have done that....

A well made a profit already... puling out....

Oxigen dropping down to normal in t minus 1 hour....

P.S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

My ego is the the size of my carriers jump range.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#72 - 2011-10-03 15:21:06 UTC
Angsty Teenager wrote:
Goons are full of bullshit, oxygen isotopes are just a troll, mittani is a troll and their market team is a bunch of idiots.

In fact, I don't understand why some of the market gurus in here don't rent out their services to major alliances to make those alliances bank.

L2messwithnitrogenisotopesnexttime. I LURV carebear tears.

because i'm better

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#73 - 2011-10-03 17:08:32 UTC
.04 isk spread between buy and sell orders in Jita as I type this...

and one HUGE pile of inventory in the sell orders.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Malkuth Delapounti
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2011-10-03 21:42:27 UTC
Saturday and Sunday decided to stop by the local ice field to check out the goons.   What do I see instead 2 or 3 guys mining ice.  Every now then someone would pop in and try to gank the miners.

Then 2 seconds later dead goon and guys still mining.   

Think you guys need some more training.  Maybe some of the pros in jita can give u some hints.

Nice attempt though it was fun watching it.  
Elise DarkStar
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2011-10-03 21:53:59 UTC
Ya, it was a nice try, but fighting hisec ice mining is like battling with omnipotence itself.

Goons lose, iceminers win. All those extra topes on the market should make running towers on 200 pu oxy topes pretty sweet.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#76 - 2011-10-03 22:02:44 UTC
They did get better control of the belts later during the weekend.

Once the belts are cleared of the 20 miners that are there all the time, then any new miners arriving get whacked straight away - whilst they were whacking miners as fast people logged on/off, it wasn't obvious. Probably be really obvious when the week is done.

Lots of goons fail at ganking too - ie using a thorax with concord actually in the belt on a tanked target etc. I'm sure the bad ones got better at it as time went on too.

Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#77 - 2011-10-03 22:18:16 UTC
We are also the people that hellcamped for 7 straight days 23.5/7 in VFK. Never underestimate the extent of our collective autism/poopsocking.

The isotope price is following a pretty predictable initial pattern. The long term supply issue hasn't hit yet, and really depends on how long we stay at it, which depends on a lot of things, like whether we get invaded, someone insults Mittens' dog, or...oh look a birdy.
Elise DarkStar
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2011-10-03 22:20:31 UTC
I'm not doubting goons commitment, but they failed to foresee the extent that ice miners would adapt their tactics. There are already a growing number mining happily away, and as their trick spreads, this number will quickly grow until the ice fields are full of miners again in like 2 days max.

It was a nice idea, but just didnt work out.
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#79 - 2011-10-03 22:56:45 UTC
Kagan Storm wrote:
Bought 1 Billion units... lets see what happenes :) If nothing else i have fuel for next 5 years :)

Hey look at me i'll pretend to be the richest person in eve by several magnitudes with several trillion isk lol!!!

Romanian legion scrubs.
Vashan Tar
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#80 - 2011-10-03 23:34:25 UTC
Czeris wrote:
We are also the people that hellcamped for 7 straight days 23.5/7 in VFK. Never underestimate the extent of our collective autism/poopsocking.

That was nothing compared to PR-