These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Game for EVE types (Attn: Herzog)

Author
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-05-23 07:37:17 UTC  |  Edited by: VKhaun Vex
Just remember it's an alpha...

I have a backpack full of steak, actually wore the biggest backpack in the game just because I was like LOL FOURTEEN STEAKS six canteens a bunch of meds and a pile of hunting shotgun shells. I had been stockpiling ammo for a 1911, but only had a revolver with no ammo for it.

I found a different kind of shotgun I hadn't seen before so I picked it up to check it out. The game considered me 're-arming' but the shotgun was the only thing in it's loot pile and so that pile didn't exist anymore after picking it up, so there was no where to put my old guns. I am now the proud owner of an empty revolver, an empty 'other kind of shotgun' and no ammo of any kind for anything, and I'm in the middle of a town full of zombies. T_T

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

Gary Goat
BLOPSEC
#22 - 2012-05-23 13:56:55 UTC
I started playing this last night after a lengthy steam download. Logged on to a server and it was pitch black everywhere. After working out the controls i followed the coast line for about 10 mins and saw the glow of a flare in the distance. I approached cautiously to find another player aimlessly throwing flares around. I watched him for a moment and could see right away that he was as new to the game as i was so i declared myself friendly and approached.

After showing him how to pick up flares, we headed off in a random direction together. We were trekking for what seemed like an eternity until we both ran out of flares and were plunged into darkness. A moment of panic hit me then as I realised there was no way that I could continue on with my new friend as I couldn't even see the hands in front of my face. We soon lost each other and i ended up running through a pitch black forest desperately trying to find some signs of life or civilization before I died of thirst.

It was brilliant!
Graelyn
Tzedakah
Aegis Militia
#23 - 2012-05-23 19:47:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Graelyn
Guys.

Up your Alpha/gamma settings in game at night.

You can see fairly well actually, at medium ranges anyways.

Yeesh. Stop dying to that! Smile

Cardinal Graelyn

Amarr Loyalist of the Year - YC113

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-05-23 20:21:00 UTC
Graelyn wrote:
Guys.

Up your Alpha/gamma settings in game at night.

You can see fairly well actually, at medium ranges anyways.

Yeesh. Stop dying to that! Smile

Hax! Shocked

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-05-23 21:20:32 UTC  |  Edited by: VKhaun Vex
Gamma/brightness only affect where light actually is... on a full moon night that works to a degree but most nights all it does is give you a very stark outline of the sky vs the tree line. When it's raining gamma will make rain white though, which gives the whole world a neat Sin-City-like black/white outline against which you can see movement.

And yeah don't ever turn them up if you plan to PvP at night, because if someone throws a flare at your area to find you it will blind your **** when your screen goes to solid pink. X.x

Your best bet is like 60%, and use flares to attract people like bait. They won't run right up to the flare unless they're dumb, but you can do things like put the flare somewhere in the open near a house, then use the outer edges of the light to camp the back door of the house. People circling the flare in the dark will naturally notice the house that's open and try to go in and take a look... then you shoot them. Pirate

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#26 - 2012-05-24 19:30:10 UTC
DayZ sounds great though I got arma 2 & expansions for the military simulator things like F117,s, winter maps, nimitz aircraft carriers and other things the community produces. Probably won't have time to play DayZ :(
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#27 - 2012-05-25 20:12:12 UTC
Whoa sorry I didn't see this earlier.

This looks interesting. Were I an MMO maker I would consider a single shard zombie game but one where you can become a zombie too or something like that. It's one of those Walter Mitty "if I were...." moments.

I'll look into this and then come up with a drunken ranting shitpoast later. Cool

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-06-01 19:10:18 UTC
O M F G

sry eve, you have become secondary until this stops tickling my fancy. This game is utterly rediculas and I bless the OP's kind heart for suggesting it here.

Though the bugs in this are obvious and bountiful, the concept is extremely solid and unique. I absolutely LOVE it!

(btw 3 days of play have died about 15 times including one hilarious mexican standoff)

I has all the eve inactivity

Flamewave
Crimson Moon Society
#29 - 2012-06-02 06:37:49 UTC
I've had Arrowhead since it came out and I kinda wish it didn't need a zombie mod to get the player numbers it now has. Hopefully this opens a lot of eyes to the possibilities of the engine and helps expand its modding base.

For an alpha the mod is running great. Been doing my usual survivalist thing, my current character has about eight hours played. Just stocked up on ammo and supplies, next step is to hopefully coordinate my acquaintances and get a helo airborn. Pirate

Some things ISK can't buy. For everything else, there's Jita.

YouTube

Previous page12