These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Unified Winferno is now live - and it sucks as much it did on test server

First post
Author
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#301 - 2012-05-23 06:23:11 UTC
I guess besides the bugs... the problem with the new unified inventory is that it's too unified... they should have taken it more slowly with this stuff, have kept the hangar, cargobay seperate, and make ship cargo/dronebay open seperately... and make it optional to combine them (like some settings window under the unified inventory.

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#302 - 2012-05-23 06:26:34 UTC
The new inventory system should have replaced the Asset window. That is where I would have liked the new features it offers.

It makes simple things like moving stuff to and from cargoholds tedious. It's just too much information when I just want to do a simple task.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#303 - 2012-05-23 06:26:51 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Maraner wrote:
I emailed CCP Guard, and CCP Unifex and have been posting on the Sisi forums / bug thread for the last few weeks in regards to the new unified inventory.

I received no response. I predicted a **** storm that would eclipse all of the good that was in inferno with the rage that the community would respond with once they started to use the new unified inventory. Sad that the obvious has happened, its also sad that the response from the Devs monitoring these posts has been so poor. Watching them trying to answer the concerns without ever commiting to a roll back , a delay to rolling this out or an option to allow player choice with this has been painful to watch.

The real reason why this has been released has yet to be clearly explained by CCP. Many of us have suggested that is to do with either anti bot or playstation controller like interface, we have never had a clear answer ever.

Didn't ask for this, the community doesnt appear to like it one bit, this is really looking like another INCARNA moment where CCP states it has listened but has implemented something unasked for with motives that are murky at best.

ROLL IT BACK NOW.

lmao...

The playstation controller part made me laugh so hard.

So funny. Will read again.


Edit: If Grey Stormshadow or someone else wants to add something better to this thread I'll be watching. I'll have to go read the other threads about the new window. Don't want to miss any other gold moments. Maybe Grey Stormshadow or Tippia have actually say something that makes sense in those threads. At least Ranger1 seems to have his head screwed on.
Maraner
The Executioners
#304 - 2012-05-23 06:35:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Maraner
non judgement wrote:
Maraner wrote:
I emailed CCP Guard, and CCP Unifex and have been posting on the Sisi forums / bug thread for the last few weeks in regards to the new unified inventory.

I received no response. I predicted a **** storm that would eclipse all of the good that was in inferno with the rage that the community would respond with once they started to use the new unified inventory. Sad that the obvious has happened, its also sad that the response from the Devs monitoring these posts has been so poor. Watching them trying to answer the concerns without ever commiting to a roll back , a delay to rolling this out or an option to allow player choice with this has been painful to watch.

The real reason why this has been released has yet to be clearly explained by CCP. Many of us have suggested that is to do with either anti bot or playstation controller like interface, we have never had a clear answer ever.

Didn't ask for this, the community doesnt appear to like it one bit, this is really looking like another INCARNA moment where CCP states it has listened but has implemented something unasked for with motives that are murky at best.

ROLL IT BACK NOW.

lmao...

The playstation controller part made me laugh so hard.

So funny. Will read again.



Glad you found it funny chuckles, since the community is loving the Unified inventory and CCP would never put a feature in the game that enrages the player base, can you suggest why a tree based inventory system has been implemented? Or will you post something else that involves using lmao.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#305 - 2012-05-23 06:42:00 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Maraner wrote:
non judgement wrote:
Maraner wrote:
I emailed CCP Guard, and CCP Unifex and have been posting on the Sisi forums / bug thread for the last few weeks in regards to the new unified inventory.

I received no response. I predicted a **** storm that would eclipse all of the good that was in inferno with the rage that the community would respond with once they started to use the new unified inventory. Sad that the obvious has happened, its also sad that the response from the Devs monitoring these posts has been so poor. Watching them trying to answer the concerns without ever commiting to a roll back , a delay to rolling this out or an option to allow player choice with this has been painful to watch.

The real reason why this has been released has yet to be clearly explained by CCP. Many of us have suggested that is to do with either anti bot or playstation controller like interface, we have never had a clear answer ever.

Didn't ask for this, the community doesnt appear to like it one bit, this is really looking like another INCARNA moment where CCP states it has listened but has implemented something unasked for with motives that are murky at best.

ROLL IT BACK NOW.

lmao...

The playstation controller part made me laugh so hard.

So funny. Will read again.



Gald you found it funny chuckles, since the community is loving the Unified inventory and CCP would never put a feature in the game that enrages the player base, can you suggest why a tree based inventory system has been implemented? Or will you post something else that involves using lmao.

lmao

Okay.

lmao (still laughing)

They had to update the code for it, since the inventory probably has not changed for ages. They came up with this new one.

The more you change something, the more people get angry. This obviously was too much of a change for some people. It will take a bit of getting used to.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to position my windows but it hasn't ruined the game I like. My laughing at people getting angry, I can only hope, will make others see how funny it is, that they're this angry about it?

Who knew that people would be so emotionally attached to the old inventory windows. P

Don't ask me why they had to update it but I'm sure they had a good enough reason... They would have known it would get this kind of response from some people.
Fraila Twi
Doomheim
#306 - 2012-05-23 06:45:43 UTC
It sucks, please kill it
Khors
Doomheim
#307 - 2012-05-23 06:52:55 UTC
I never asked for this...
Malice Redeemer
The Black Crow Bandits
VINDICTIVE
#308 - 2012-05-23 06:54:13 UTC
non judgement wrote:
Maraner wrote:
non judgement wrote:
Maraner wrote:
I emailed CCP Guard, and CCP Unifex and have been posting on the Sisi forums / bug thread for the last few weeks in regards to the new unified inventory.

I received no response. I predicted a **** storm that would eclipse all of the good that was in inferno with the rage that the community would respond with once they started to use the new unified inventory. Sad that the obvious has happened, its also sad that the response from the Devs monitoring these posts has been so poor. Watching them trying to answer the concerns without ever commiting to a roll back , a delay to rolling this out or an option to allow player choice with this has been painful to watch.

The real reason why this has been released has yet to be clearly explained by CCP. Many of us have suggested that is to do with either anti bot or playstation controller like interface, we have never had a clear answer ever.

Didn't ask for this, the community doesnt appear to like it one bit, this is really looking like another INCARNA moment where CCP states it has listened but has implemented something unasked for with motives that are murky at best.

ROLL IT BACK NOW.

lmao...

The playstation controller part made me laugh so hard.

So funny. Will read again.



Gald you found it funny chuckles, since the community is loving the Unified inventory and CCP would never put a feature in the game that enrages the player base, can you suggest why a tree based inventory system has been implemented? Or will you post something else that involves using lmao.

lmao

Okay.

lmao (still laughing)

They had to update the code for it, since the inventory probably has not changed for ages. They came up with this new one.

The more you change something, the more people get angry. This obviously was too much of a change for some people. It will take a bit of getting used to.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to position my windows but it hasn't ruined the game I like. My laughing at people getting angry, I can only hope, will make others see how funny it is that they this angry about it?

Who knew that people would be so emotionally attached to the old inventory windows. P

Don't ask me why they had to update it but I'm sure they had a good enough reason... They would have known it would get this kind of response from some people.


keep laughing when no one is playing
Maraner
The Executioners
#309 - 2012-05-23 06:55:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Maraner
non judgement wrote:
Maraner wrote:
non judgement wrote:
Maraner wrote:
I emailed CCP Guard, and CCP Unifex and have been posting on the Sisi forums / bug thread for the last few weeks in regards to the new unified inventory.

I received no response. I predicted a **** storm that would eclipse all of the good that was in inferno with the rage that the community would respond with once they started to use the new unified inventory. Sad that the obvious has happened, its also sad that the response from the Devs monitoring these posts has been so poor. Watching them trying to answer the concerns without ever commiting to a roll back , a delay to rolling this out or an option to allow player choice with this has been painful to watch.

The real reason why this has been released has yet to be clearly explained by CCP. Many of us have suggested that is to do with either anti bot or playstation controller like interface, we have never had a clear answer ever.

Didn't ask for this, the community doesnt appear to like it one bit, this is really looking like another INCARNA moment where CCP states it has listened but has implemented something unasked for with motives that are murky at best.

ROLL IT BACK NOW.

lmao...

The playstation controller part made me laugh so hard.

So funny. Will read again.



Gald you found it funny chuckles, since the community is loving the Unified inventory and CCP would never put a feature in the game that enrages the player base, can you suggest why a tree based inventory system has been implemented? Or will you post something else that involves using lmao.

lmao

Okay.

lmao (still laughing)

They had to update the code for it, since the inventory probably has not changed for ages. They came up with this new one.

The more you change something, the more people get angry. This obviously was too much of a change for some people. It will take a bit of getting used to.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to position my windows but it hasn't ruined the game I like. My laughing at people getting angry, I can only hope, will make others see how funny it is that they this angry about it?

Who knew that people would be so emotionally attached to the old inventory windows. P

Don't ask me why they had to update it but I'm sure they had a good enough reason... They would have known it would get this kind of response from some people.



They may well have had a good reason, none of us know what it is. As to getting angry about the old system being replaced with the new, yeah I'm pissed about it, the community managed to get things changed in the past, incarna got recognised for the POS that it was and RMT was stopped in its tracks, of course thats up to people that actually state an opinion on things and try to get change. Beats running through life starting sentences with lmao.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#310 - 2012-05-23 07:01:36 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:
keep laughing when no one is playing
You know that some people unsubbed because of the new font?
To me, this is the same kind of thing.

After all, it's just the inventory.

How you fly ships and shoot other people in the game hasn't changed at all.

I know life can be hard sometimes. If you really want to be angry, there are more serious things to get angry about in life than this.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#311 - 2012-05-23 07:04:52 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Maraner wrote:

They may well have had a good reason, none of us know what it is. As to getting angry about the old system being replaced with the new, yeah I'm pissed about it, the community managed to get things changed in the past, incarna got recognised for the POS that it was and RMT was stopped in its tracks, of course thats up to people that actually state an opinion on things and try to get change. Beats running through life starting sentences with lmao.

lmao

(seriously thinking about starting every post with it - I really had a strong urge to just have the lmao as the only thing in the post. Please see my other reply about new font)

Edit: WiS/Incarna and NEX are still here. It's still just sitting there waiting for when they want to add more on to it.
Khors
Doomheim
#312 - 2012-05-23 07:11:05 UTC
non judgement wrote:

lmao

Okay.

lmao (still laughing)

They had to update the code for it, since the inventory probably has not changed for ages. They came up with this new one.

The more you change something, the more people get angry. This obviously was too much of a change for some people. It will take a bit of getting used to.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to position my windows but it hasn't ruined the game I like. My laughing at people getting angry, I can only hope, will make others see how funny it is that they this angry about it?

Who knew that people would be so emotionally attached to the old inventory windows. P

Don't ask me why they had to update it but I'm sure they had a good enough reason... They would have known it would get this kind of response from some people.


People aren't raging because they are emotionally attached to the old inventory. They are raging because the old one was fine, and now the new one made the simple things a massive pain in the ass. Compare it to the changes of the Neocom in Crucible. Sure, some people raged, but it was mostly well received, as it was an actual improvement. Not gimping the old functionality and adding new instead. It's not changes that pisses people off, it's bad changes.

The unified item window removes the simpleness of pulling up the two relevant items windows you want to move stuff between and just do it. Which is the most common thing you do when you move items around.

Sure, you can shift-click and it opens a new window, but that's just reinforcing my point here. It has made the simple stuff needing more work. It's not an improvement, and when people never asked for a big change to the inventory system in the first place, that makes them mad.
Imagine if every food company out there started only making child-resistant packaging. People would rage. Not because they are too dumb to open it, not because they worry that their children will have problem. But because it's annoying as hell.

And yes, people rage quiting over this are funny. But people being angry about it? Hardly surprising.

Malice Redeemer
The Black Crow Bandits
VINDICTIVE
#313 - 2012-05-23 07:12:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Malice Redeemer
Spitfire is posting in russian, trying to calm them down on a thread somewhere, its neat
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#314 - 2012-05-23 07:18:25 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Khors wrote:
non judgement wrote:

lmao

Okay.

lmao (still laughing)

They had to update the code for it, since the inventory probably has not changed for ages. They came up with this new one.

The more you change something, the more people get angry. This obviously was too much of a change for some people. It will take a bit of getting used to.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to position my windows but it hasn't ruined the game I like. My laughing at people getting angry, I can only hope, will make others see how funny it is that they this angry about it?

Who knew that people would be so emotionally attached to the old inventory windows. P

Don't ask me why they had to update it but I'm sure they had a good enough reason... They would have known it would get this kind of response from some people.


People aren't raging because they are emotionally attached to the old inventory. They are raging because the old one was fine, and now the new one made the simple things a massive pain in the ass. Compare it to the changes of the Neocom in Crucible. Sure, some people raged, but it was mostly well received, as it was an actual improvement. Not gimping the old functionality and adding new instead. It's not changes that pisses people off, it's bad changes.

The unified item window removes the simpleness of pulling up the two relevant items windows you want to move stuff between and just do it. Which is the most common thing you do when you move items around.

Sure, you can shift-click and it opens a new window, but that's just reinforcing my point here. It has made the simple stuff needing more work. It's not an improvement, and when people never asked for a big change to the inventory system in the first place, that makes them mad.
Imagine if every food company out there started only making child-resistant packaging. People would rage. Not because they are too dumb to open it, not because they worry that their children will have problem. But because it's annoying as hell.

And yes, people rage quiting over this are funny. But people being angry about it? Hardly surprising.


Well, I'm not that surprised either. I don't mean to come across as if I don't understand it. Just trying to poke some fun at the situation. I'm sitting at home feeling rather sick and I feel like cheering myself up a bit. Smile


This should have calmed down most people though
Lugaedh
Bluestar Enterprises
The Craftsmen
#315 - 2012-05-23 07:20:06 UTC



no, just the usual blabla of CCP. nothing concrete.
Malice Redeemer
The Black Crow Bandits
VINDICTIVE
#316 - 2012-05-23 07:22:34 UTC
non judgement wrote:
Khors wrote:
non judgement wrote:

lmao

Okay.

lmao (still laughing)

They had to update the code for it, since the inventory probably has not changed for ages. They came up with this new one.

The more you change something, the more people get angry. This obviously was too much of a change for some people. It will take a bit of getting used to.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to position my windows but it hasn't ruined the game I like. My laughing at people getting angry, I can only hope, will make others see how funny it is that they this angry about it?

Who knew that people would be so emotionally attached to the old inventory windows. P

Don't ask me why they had to update it but I'm sure they had a good enough reason... They would have known it would get this kind of response from some people.


People aren't raging because they are emotionally attached to the old inventory. They are raging because the old one was fine, and now the new one made the simple things a massive pain in the ass. Compare it to the changes of the Neocom in Crucible. Sure, some people raged, but it was mostly well received, as it was an actual improvement. Not gimping the old functionality and adding new instead. It's not changes that pisses people off, it's bad changes.

The unified item window removes the simpleness of pulling up the two relevant items windows you want to move stuff between and just do it. Which is the most common thing you do when you move items around.

Sure, you can shift-click and it opens a new window, but that's just reinforcing my point here. It has made the simple stuff needing more work. It's not an improvement, and when people never asked for a big change to the inventory system in the first place, that makes them mad.
Imagine if every food company out there started only making child-resistant packaging. People would rage. Not because they are too dumb to open it, not because they worry that their children will have problem. But because it's annoying as hell.

And yes, people rage quiting over this are funny. But people being angry about it? Hardly surprising.


Well, I'm not that surprised either.


This should have calmed down most people though



Because the same team was so great about taking our suggestions about the new neocom? It took this long for them to let us name the folders? Is this some kind of joke? If you need a competent game designer, I'm available and affordable Blink
Sup B1tches
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#317 - 2012-05-23 07:22:48 UTC
non judgement wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
keep laughing when no one is playing
You know that some people unsubbed because of the new font?
To me, this is the same kind of thing.

After all, it's just the inventory.

How you fly ships and shoot other people in the game hasn't changed at all.


It has actually... the selling of anything on the market now costs more to do so, the cost to invent T2 has increased, mining ore is now harder to do in fleets with an Orca....

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#318 - 2012-05-23 07:23:55 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
Hey folks.

I just wanted to restate what we said in the Dev blog for the Unified Inventory that we wanted to get feedback from those that use SiSi in order to address problems that would occur. We intended on following heavily up on the feedback, doing as much as possible before launch as well as doing even further iterations and fixes in the upcoming release. Team Game of Drones is committed to a new methodology of using the principals of User Centered Design, where the User Experience of our players drives our design decisions.

Not only did we collect all feedback from the Forums, personal posts, Twitter comments and other sources but we took the issues many of you like Grey Stormshadow, Tippia and other have been pointing out and created a User Testing plan which we facilitated last week. In the sessions the whole team observed the live feed and took notes on everything the participants did. We don't do User Tests because we don't believe you when you say there is a problem, we want to address it correctly and by seeing it in action with our own eyes, we can more easily find a solution to the problems you have found.

Once we had collected all the date from the tests we created stories and design updates which have either already been submitted to the next SiSi build, or we are actively working on or have been put into our backlog of work stories which we will address as priority stories before we start working on other features for next release.

I'm sorry if people that have given us feedback have felt we didn't listen in the past few days, I hope this post has re-instated that we actually listen and act accordingly and have simply been doing nothing else since the release of our blog. In the future, when we go through the feedback and create User Testing plans, we will make sure we reply to all the different discussion threads on the forums where we read the feedback, so that you all know that the feedback has been read, noted and addressed.

Thank you all for the feedback, you help us make better features and a special thanks to those that have gone above and beyond by bringing us very detailed and accurate constructive feedback, it does make a world of a difference for us.


Problem is you didnt listen, if you had it would not have kicked off (and still going) after the patch. You where told it would be unpopular. why still go live with it.

Tal


non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#319 - 2012-05-23 07:31:55 UTC
Sup B1tches wrote:
non judgement wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
keep laughing when no one is playing
You know that some people unsubbed because of the new font?
To me, this is the same kind of thing.

After all, it's just the inventory.

How you fly ships and shoot other people in the game hasn't changed at all.


It has actually... the selling of anything on the market now costs more to do so, the cost to invent T2 has increased, mining ore is now harder to do in fleets with an Orca....


Yeah, interesting changes.

I use an Orca myself. I thought the corp hanger change was a bit odd.

The other changes are a bit like the changes to the PI taxes and Custom Offices. Just pushing up the price of things. They did say they wanted to make changes like that. Not enough isk sinks or something.

I did say how you fly and shoot others. I don't know many people who use Orcas in pvp. P Maybe some people do.
Styx Cyc
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#320 - 2012-05-23 07:56:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Styx Cyc
mxzf wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Charming. FYI I've been at CCP since August of last year, and in my current position for 1 month. Also, there's not a game in the world that doesn't ship/release with bugs. If you don't have an understanding of QA process and software lifecycle I would thank you to keep your opinions and conjecture on the matter to yourself.


This is the kind of thing that bothers me the most. I do understand QA and software lifecycle, my job is programming. And I know that shrugging and saying "Well, everything has bugs to begin with, it's still ready to sell to people" and not bothering to fix said bugs would get me fired. This kind of half-assed attempt at getting things working before pushing them to master is just disgusting.

I honestly like the idea behind the new UI, it's a nice idea and looks decent. But the implementation, especially breaking all current functionality with it, is utter crap. You did have a decent idea here CCP, but you completely screwed it up by ignoring all the responses from players and just shrugging them off. We spent over a month trying to give you feedback, but you simply ignored it. That doesn't sound like you care about making a good game, it sounds like you care about hitting a deadline and nothing else at all.


As a programmer then you would also know there is something known as Resistance to Change. While I agree some people have valid gripes about the new UI, a lot of it just seem to be complaining for the sake of it, specially when people outright tell you "I will never get used to it!!!!!11111", and the new UI is barely 24 hours old.

Been there done that.