These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bring back the quick Items, ship and corp hangar button - Post here if u agree!

First post
Author
Yugo Reventlov
Keeping Up Appearances
#381 - 2012-05-23 05:36:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Yugo Reventlov
My issues with the new inventory:

- We need more clicks to reach the same container than we did before (my ships hangar for example)
- It's scary that my active ship is not shown in my ship hangar. Why did you change this? Is there a reason for it? Is it no longer in my hangar when i'm sitting in it?
- Looting several wrecks in space (e.g. cleaning up after a mission) is a real pain and way too slow. Why does it open my ship's cargohold after I clicked "loot all"?

PS: i do enjoy hovering over everything i'm looting to see how much it's worth. Although I'm still not sure how accurate it is :)
Shadow51585
Relapse Anonymous
Sedition.
#382 - 2012-05-23 05:41:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Shadow51585
The former inventory system did not need to be changed. It was easy to use and very practical before this emormously overcomplicated UI was created.

For me, the game is essentially unpayable in this state and I honestly don't feel like logging in and playing with this rediculous inventory control in place.

We need our corporate and personal hangers back they way they were. Not to mention our cargo and drone bays for our ships. Please get rid of this massive clusterfuck of an inventory control system.

I love what has happened to EVE recently. The missiles, turrets, and bomber redesigns to name a few things are awesome. But if this piace of garbage inventory control system remains in its current state, it is honestly a dealbreaker. How can I play a game without being able to control the functions of it in an intelligent manner?
Night Master
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#383 - 2012-05-23 05:42:53 UTC
Did you guys give any thought to the new hangar items menu because it just plain sucks, try unloading silos in space and using the corporate hangar and fuel bays please bring back the old system and where the hell is my ship hangar button
Aron Fox
Tranquillian Imperial Navy
#384 - 2012-05-23 05:43:02 UTC
I dont only want that back i want all back
Lord Jeprox
Perkone
Caldari State
#385 - 2012-05-23 05:48:51 UTC
Can u plsss kick out who ever design this CRAP Patch
Hammer Crendraven
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#386 - 2012-05-23 05:53:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Hammer Crendraven
You guys are all thinking linear move outside of the box and think a bit. This is a great first step but it is not finished.
We need the ability to create and store auto features as a clickable link.
Like we do for drone wings now. You create a name and assign a number of drones to the wing.
That name becomes a clickable link that will launch all the drones assinged to it in one click.

Can you see how this would work in the inventory UI?
For example name a function unload ore. Then assign to that function the ability to select all ore in the active ships cargo bay
and move it to the hanger bay. Store it as a clickable link. Then when you dock up one click on this named clickable link does this function for you. Just like launching a wing of drones. Some error checking needs to be installed with these functions but it can be done. Like to make sure you are docked up so you do not dump all your ore into space.

Another function I would like is to unload all cargo from a wreck into my cargo bay. Target the wreck one click on the function and its done. Again error checking to ask if you want to load contraband if there is any on the wreck.

Programming into the UI so that we can create auto functions assigned to any name you can think of to do all sorts of one click functions. It would be the end goal of the new inventory UI and would make it very usefull for all of us.

This ability does not exsist now but I would hope CCP would add it asap if we all asked for it.
Aelita
CHON
THE R0NIN
#387 - 2012-05-23 05:54:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Aelita
I want separate window for my active ship cargo. In space that new asset windo taking so much space, and if I do resize it to size of my old cargo window then I can't use it anymore in station where I need big window. When I work on POS new Asset window is pain in ass. Why to hel asset windo has two lines in footer? New asset window has too much big footprint to show additional infos. Important is content not sidekick infos.

I would like to keep cargo of my active ship always open no matter of dock/undock and in both cases on same place with same size.
Challu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#388 - 2012-05-23 05:59:36 UTC
OP +1

Please fix this Inventory sna-fu...
Numance
feythabolis esoteria paragon period basis markets
#389 - 2012-05-23 06:00:26 UTC
the new invotory UI is nice but yes having the hangar + ship icon back would be even better

+1
Amma Pendron
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#390 - 2012-05-23 06:00:42 UTC
Plz change it

Kambiri Zoltana wrote:
Post here if you want the following back:

- Button to open corp hangar directly
- Button to open ships hangar directly
- Button to open your station item hangar directly

All the easy access buttons that are missing, the worse part is all the item windows reset when you dock again.

EDIT: Now having played a bit more, and me being a pirate. I like the new missile effects and the new killmails. Also the value shown of all items in a hangar is nice. But please also fix the above.

EDIT 2: Some other told you so before ... Yet they went ahead with the change..

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=104539&find=unread

CCP we also like to have multiple windows open that don't reset with a session change. People find it difficult to mine, run missions, browse pos inventory. And I havent touched yet the subject where you multibox, where u preset your screen for a specific task. And then the inventory resets itself each time, making it a pain to multibox.

Prof Fate
Fate Corporation
#391 - 2012-05-23 06:01:12 UTC
Please return the ship/item/corp hangar buttons. The new inventory management system is beyond tedious to work with.
Tyler McVain
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#392 - 2012-05-23 06:01:18 UTC
Old System +1
TomtheHunter
Wombo United
#393 - 2012-05-23 06:05:43 UTC
after little test, Ugh; I also want the old icon /ship-menues back +1
Maraner
The Executioners
#394 - 2012-05-23 06:21:32 UTC
agree, bring back the old system - and fire the tard that made the new one happen
Malice Redeemer
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#395 - 2012-05-23 06:26:05 UTC
I had been trying to tell them, that the only reason everyone was so posi, was that in the dev blog it looks great. The new features are great, its all the undocumented removal of function that has everyone pissed. Its not rocket surgery here boys Smile
Allko
Zero Tax services
#396 - 2012-05-23 06:27:39 UTC
And I thought I was the only one who feels that way about the new UI Ugh
It would of been enought if CCP had done these kind of changes to the main inventory, you know... the one that shows all Your stuff in the EVE universe... but nooo "LETS INVENT A HEXAGON WHEEL"
The new missile effects are nice but that will not metter after CCP nerf the hell out of them with the tracking disruption BS

Hiryu Jin
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#397 - 2012-05-23 06:36:52 UTC
Maraner wrote:
agree, bring back the old system - and fire the tard that made the new one happen

+1
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#398 - 2012-05-23 06:40:54 UTC
Fabulousli Obvious wrote:
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
Yes! Bring back the easy access! Tried to load ammo into a ship, but ended up sticking it into the ship I arrived in.

Something similar happened to me last night South of Market Street, but that's for a different thread........

Just wondering if you realise the irony of someone like you, having a signature like that?

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

snakeyes Kassandra
Project Stealth Squad
The Initiative.
#399 - 2012-05-23 07:04:21 UTC
+1
Josef Djugashvilis
#400 - 2012-05-23 07:07:47 UTC
Improvementa are good, so far it does not seem to be an improvement.

Perhaps when the inventory system is tweaked it may be better.

This is not a signature.