These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Does your DEV team even play this game? INVENTORY NEEDS TO GO BACK!!

First post
Author
Malice Redeemer
The Black Crow Bandits
Brave Collective
#21 - 2012-05-23 00:34:47 UTC
Madlof Chev wrote:
Sweet jesus, this is the first patch attempting to rewrite a core part of functionality and you expect it to be sunshine and rainbows at zero-hour? There'll be a few patches and then your unicorns will start to jump up from the ground and dance the night away. Lawd.

keep defending them, you have something at stake here? oh that's right we are all worried if anyone will be playing this game at all in a week
Prisoner 002929
Wulgun Wing
#22 - 2012-05-23 00:41:26 UTC
The problem with needing Windows Explorer Eve Edition is that I actually have to be able to do things to accumulate the items it's meant to help me sort. That's a much more difficult task today. I want a disable button. I asked for it back when this was first revealed. You can re-write the current system to make it more useable, but I want the old UI back until it's finished.
not Mogs
TribalWar Inc
#23 - 2012-05-23 00:42:34 UTC
new inv system is literally worse than hitler
Aerich e'Kieron
Peace.Keepers
#24 - 2012-05-23 00:48:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Aerich e'Kieron
The new inventory system is objectively worse.

Should you find yourself in favor of this new system, that's fine, but it's simply because you have no need to use the system to the extent in which most reasonably experienced players do.
^That's not even trying to be sarcastic or mean-spirited even. It just is.

Why do I think the people in favor of this new inventory system are probably the same group of people who autopilot their nightmares through my low-sec? Or asking if "they docked" after they fail to be ransomed... after they ask "why would I need to save the egg?"...
JEZEB
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-05-23 00:49:12 UTC
I can't understand how you veterans that have been playing this game for years can sit there and say you like this junk. It's funny the one timers that come in here, say they like it, then leave, never to be heard from again. You know why this is? Because then they actually go play the game, say to themselves how right threads like this are, then bury their heads in the sand.

I really tried to play, go back, and give it the benefit of the doubt, but it's impossible, the way it is now, to play the game.

If you are saying you like it, then you have not used it. And if you've used it, and like it, then you're just trolling these posts.

Amazing.
Bauloe
FBN 4893
#26 - 2012-05-23 00:52:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Bauloe
try shift click the inventory tabs It will open up extra window just like windows.

If you know how to use windows you should know how the new inventory system works.

TIme to start complaining about window 7 then?
Carrionlich
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2012-05-23 00:53:47 UTC
whoever thought the inventory change was a good idea should not just be fired but also shot the interface was fine stop ******* with things that dont need a change they work LEAVE THEM ALONE
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#28 - 2012-05-23 00:57:01 UTC
Well maybe you should've looked on the test server to find out what it looks like and complain.

THEY NEW INVENTORY UI MAKES ME CRY MANLY TEARS OF JOY

Why exactly is it bad?

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Darth Kilth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-05-23 00:59:07 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:
Well maybe you should've looked on the test server to find out what it looks like and complain.

THEY NEW INVENTORY UI MAKES ME CRY MANLY TEARS OF JOY

Why exactly is it bad?

Because we prefer efficiency and ease of use over style and looks.
Cyprus Black
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2012-05-23 01:01:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyprus Black
I'm trying out the new inventory sorting and in full honesty it's not bad. It's just different and it will take time to get used to.

Is it better? In my opinion no not really but I don't think it's any worse either.
Seems like one of those things that wasn't broke and didn't need fixing. Then again, other players rely on it much more heavily than I do.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Aoki Kenzo
Apotheosis Enterprises
#31 - 2012-05-23 01:05:34 UTC
Give us the old inventory system.
New one is stupid.
Aoki Kenzo
Apotheosis Enterprises
#32 - 2012-05-23 01:07:37 UTC
Else, I cannot see my missiles with the zoom out.
Arcadia1701
#33 - 2012-05-23 01:09:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Arcadia1701
Try being near a POS with alot of guns... and try to put ammo in them..

Its such a JOKE with the new system.. like the devs DO NOT play this game at all.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#34 - 2012-05-23 01:09:44 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:

they did

CCP ignored them, go read the thread yourself
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#35 - 2012-05-23 01:09:57 UTC
JEZEB wrote:
You totally screwed pooch with the inventory screens CCP, this game is now offically unplayable. Even the simplest task is harder to play due to this major screw up.

Maybe you should've listened to the multitude of players during the design process that said this was crap and not put it in.

How in the hell does something so moronic happen with a 9 year old team of people? Are there new developers that have yet to have ten minutes in front of a screen?

Just playing this game for ten minutes today, I literally had to click my mouse twice as much to do anything. How is that an improvement? Seriously?

Whoever designed the UI needs to have their job taken way, and whoever kept telling them that this was a good idea needs to be fired with them.

Stupid.

They used to play, then they couldnt be trusted not to use devhacks in the game they own just to get ahead lol

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

JEZEB
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2012-05-23 03:17:16 UTC
Bauloe wrote:
try shift click the inventory tabs It will open up extra window just like windows.

If you know how to use windows you should know how the new inventory system works.

TIme to start complaining about window 7 then?

And then what happens when you transition from one area to the next? Or undock and then dock? They all reset, so your ignorant point is invalid.

Man, some of you people are morons. You just don't get it.

IT IS F'ED UP!!! Stop trying to find work arounds and admit it! You can't do ANY of the junk you people say. The f'ed up the inventory system and the only way to fix it, is to put it back the way it was. Holy crap, how hard is it?
Lord Joshua
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-05-23 03:36:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Joshua
its more than fuked it took a very long time and almost a pack of smokes to split ores into about 7 CHA's from a mining op today, was a bit stressfull, one of our rorq pilots also had a meltdown and nightmare searching through a fton of chas trying to find the correct one to pull so and so's ore out of to compress be ing you cant just right click on a certian CHA and open that one up...
InternetSpaceship
Perkone
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-05-23 08:05:02 UTC
JEZEB wrote:
You totally screwed pooch with the inventory screens CCP, this game is now offically unplayable. Even the simplest task is harder to play due to this major screw up.

Maybe you should've listened to the multitude of players during the design process that said this was crap and not put it in.

How in the hell does something so moronic happen with a 9 year old team of people? Are there new developers that have yet to have ten minutes in front of a screen?

Just playing this game for ten minutes today, I literally had to click my mouse twice as much to do anything. How is that an improvement? Seriously?

Whoever designed the UI needs to have their job taken way, and whoever kept telling them that this was a good idea needs to be fired with them.

Stupid.

You people are babies.

I personally enjoy not having to sift through every piece of ammo and rat loot in my hangar to find one mod. It was a disorganized mess before, its better now.

Official Recruiter for GoonSwarm Corporation.

If you paid isk to get into GoonSwarm, you were probably scammed.  If you had the foresight to save the name of your scammer, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.

Malice Redeemer
The Black Crow Bandits
Brave Collective
#39 - 2012-05-23 08:08:16 UTC
InternetSpaceship wrote:
JEZEB wrote:

Stupid.

You people are babies.

I personally enjoy not having to sift through every piece of ammo and rat loot in my hangar to find one mod. It was a disorganized mess before, its better now.

because you sucked before, and still do. Great they made it easier for idiots
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#40 - 2012-05-23 08:10:31 UTC
InternetSpaceship wrote:
JEZEB wrote:

Stupid.

You people are babies.

Its not. IF they had added the new filtering system to the old windows, and made the tree an option, then it would be lots better.

Choice = Good

Tal

Previous page123Next page