These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Inferno: Pros and Cons

Author
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-05-22 19:28:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Zagdul
SmilePros: Some of the best work I've seen. These features feel complete, or at least they feel as though they were thought out enough for launch.

• The new Bombers are amazing
  • Buffs to T1 frigs to bring them up to par with the Rifter, THANK YOU!
  • Missile Effects are gorgeous and is some of the best graphics work I've ever seen.
  • Kill reports: Again CCP Punkturis is the dev of my heart and thanks for adding in the links to them. Save fitting is amazing and I look forward to the related kills in the near future.
  • LP store and other in-station UI improvements.
  • Merc contracting! Finally
  • The new inventory filters. (just make it so we can transfer them to other chars please and add drag and drop for modules).
  • New War Dec system. Thank you for fixing a common griefing mechanic that was too easy. This game is supposed to be hard and when declaring war, it should be to go to war, not just a mechanic for easy ganks on unsuspecting, undefended haulers more challenging and expensive.
  • Amarr ship V3. Yet one step closer to making eve beautiful. I look forward to Minmatar and capital ships. I'd really like the new lighting effects to be launched so please keep at this!
  • Finally overhauling Faction Warfare. If it's good or not, time will tell but at least you're finally taking a serious look at this.

Change is good. Improvement is good. It shows with the new kill report system which is a direct improvement of the old killmail system. It shows that you can completely change what we were accustomed to working with and create a new interface we are comfortable using. Upgrades to the graphics on missile launchers is a very good example of change being for the better. The war dec system and LP store are awesome, and again demonstrate positive change.

EvilCons: These over shadow the amazing work listed above.

• If you log off safe in a pos, log back in, your e-warp can be scanned down and you can be tackled. This change is game breaking.
  • The inventory system as a whole is incomplete and unfinished. (Video of how HORRIBLE it is.) (test server feedback warning of this.. thanks for ignoring us again CCP Roll) (compiled list of CCP responses)

1. When I minimize my inventory after undocking/jumping though a gate, it re-opens when I go through the next gate.
    2. It doesn't remember my last opened windows or position when I re-dock.
    3. I still cannot re-name corp hangars or silos in a POS.
    4. No way to identify locked/unlocked blueprints or items in a corp hangar.
    5. It doesn't remember my opened windows from my last dock. I need to re-find the hangar/cargo can where my, POS fuel for example, is located each time I dock. This is frustrating beyond belief.

The bugs surrounding the inventory system which were blatantly displayed, reported and begged for change or improvement and were ignored completely.

To the devs who work on this game, the people in the department who have introduced the new inventory have ignored player feedback with the response akin to what you have learned from Incarna. The inventory system has embarrassed your co-workers and let them down. If I worked along side you, I would be infuriated with the incomplete and unfinished work you have released to the public. You have let your team down. To the devs who listen, thank you for your hard work.

As a player, some aspects of this game prior to this expansion were already tedious. You have made some simple tasks I do on a daily basis more cumbersome. I didn't think this was possible, I have been proven wrong.

EDIT: Players please keep listing your pros or cons and I'll update this first post.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

FeralShadow
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-05-22 19:29:38 UTC
Shift click to open new window.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Torneach
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-05-22 19:36:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Torneach
Zagdul wrote:
  • Amarr ship V3. Yet one step closer to making eve beautiful. I look forward to Minmatar and capital ships. I'd really like the new lighting effects to be launched so please keep at this!

• Amarr V3 is a con for sure. No more Golden Fleet.

Just the funky turd fleet now.

As far as pros go, the new missile effects are godly.
    AFK Hauler
    State War Academy
    #4 - 2012-05-22 19:37:03 UTC
    Pros: Expansion on game mechanics
    Cons: Shafting players who played by the rules
    NickyYo
    modro
    Northern Coalition.
    #5 - 2012-05-22 19:37:59 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
    Heres some more bugs to add

-> When you login then logoff then back in again corp and local chat dissapear and cannot be openened.
    -> Corp hanger in the pos is bugged says you need roles to open it even though we got roles.
    -> Major lagg spikes!!

Zagdul
    Federal Navy Academy
    Gallente Federation
    #6 - 2012-05-22 19:40:29 UTC
    Torneach wrote:
    Zagdul wrote:

~When~ CCP releases the new lighting effects on TQ, I'm pretty sure that the 'turd' effect will go away. Again, I'm more impressed with the V3 and not really as affected by the color schemes.

CCP Please Implement

Mina Hiragi
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #7 - 2012-05-22 19:40:42 UTC
    Seconding that turning the Golden Fleet into the Poop Blob is a major con for this expansion.

My love for shiny missiles overcomes all negativity I should have toward this expansion, however.
    Zhihatsu
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #8 - 2012-05-22 19:40:47 UTC
    Here is another Con:

New expansions cause major whine spikes.

People without faces have no mouths with which to speak.

Torneach
    Doomheim
    #9 - 2012-05-22 19:42:56 UTC
    Zagdul wrote:
    Torneach wrote:
    Zagdul wrote:

~When~ CCP releases the new lighting effects on TQ, I'm pretty sure that the 'turd' effect will go away. Again, I'm more impressed with the V3 and not really as affected by the color schemes.

I hope you're right.

Otherwise all of CVA and Amarr FW will have to commit hari-kari in disgrace.
    Lady Ayeipsia
    BlueWaffe
    #10 - 2012-05-22 19:46:24 UTC
    Zhihatsu wrote:
    Here is another Con:

No, I'm pretty sure this is an existing feature that occurs for every expansion.
    Zagdul
    Federal Navy Academy
    Gallente Federation
    #11 - 2012-05-22 19:48:06 UTC
    Zhihatsu wrote:
    Here is another Con:

Tears are always a positive take back sir.

CCP Please Implement

NickyYo
    modro
    Northern Coalition.
    #12 - 2012-05-22 19:49:57 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
    THIS OP is an idiot, and isn't posting the important bugs like missing corp and local chat! CCP ALT?
    SCREW this thread.

Dragon Outlaw
    Rogue Fleet
    #13 - 2012-05-22 19:52:19 UTC
    Me wish I could sneak in Zagdul`s quarters at night.
    Andre II
    Brutor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #14 - 2012-05-22 19:52:54 UTC
    i detest the new cargo and inventory systems, they tried to combine them all together and have no made it annoying to use.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=47868

Studley Doright
    Dark Side Of Science
    #15 - 2012-05-22 19:53:24 UTC
    NickyYo wrote:
    Heres some more bugs to add

-> When you login then logoff then back in again corp and local chat dissapear and cannot be openened.
    -> Corp hanger in the pos is bugged says you need roles to open it even though we got roles.
    -> Major lagg spikes!!

Dude.... your face..... Please hit it with a shovel.
    Hung TuLo
    Running with Dogs
    Triumvirate.
    #16 - 2012-05-22 19:55:12 UTC
    NickyYo wrote:
    THIS OP is an idiot, and isn't posting the important bugs like missing corp and local chat! CCP ALT?
    SCREW this thread.

Don't you wish you know what he is talking about.

Zag isn't making **** up. It's happenning.

And he did report it.

I don't ever like calling people names in forums. But you sir are a total Dumb***. That was mild wasn't it?

"In space all warriors are cold warriors" ---  General Chang  Star Trek VI

Xander Riggs
    Slamtown Federation
    #17 - 2012-05-22 19:55:27 UTC
    I've noticed my torps can take upward of five seconds before they actually start toward their target. They spend a hefty chunk of time clearing my ship before they even try to find the thing I'm shooting them at.

Given that flight time heavily effects range, I'm thinking missiles may have taken an inadvertant hit. I have, however, only just started using them, so I don't know this for sure. If anyone could clarify, I'd appreciate it.

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Thomas Kreshant
    Brutor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #18 - 2012-05-22 19:57:54 UTC
    Zagdul wrote:

EvilCons: These over shadow the amazing work listed above.
    [list]
  • If you log off safe in a pos, log back in, your e-warp can be scanned down and you can be tackled. This change is game breaking.

• Really?? I've not read the release notes this a change or a bug?

Sentient Blade
    Crisis Atmosphere
    Coalition of the Unfortunate
    #19 - 2012-05-22 20:05:10 UTC
    Xander Riggs wrote:
    I've noticed my torps can take upward of five seconds before they actually start toward their target. They spend a hefty chunk of time clearing my ship before they even try to find the thing I'm shooting them at.

The missile effects are purely client side so far as I know. Their flight time was not adjusted.
    B3AST MODE B3AST
    Pator Tech School
    Minmatar Republic
    #20 - 2012-05-22 20:05:53 UTC
    All my modules are 1% damaged...I repair, undock, and they are 1% damaged.
    12Next page