These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inventory....... WHY i ask you WHHHYYYYYYYY

Author
Par0dy
Incognito Mode
Brotherhood of Spacers
#1 - 2012-05-22 14:24:44 UTC
can i has the old way back please, like an option box.... just like the captains quarters !!!!

please let me have the option.... not another captains quarters.... not again !

Thanks
Beolor
World Of Insomnia.
#2 - 2012-05-22 14:27:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Beolor
Par0dy wrote:
can i has the old way back please, like an option box.... just like the captains quarters !!!!

Thanks

This. All said about the inventory.

Edit: oh, and please, can you stop that annoying popping up the ship's cargo after undocking and after each jump? Might help to see hostile in the fuckin' center of the screen, when jumping into lowsec.
Senarian Tyme
Serenity Rising LLC
Controlled Chaos
#3 - 2012-05-22 14:27:47 UTC
Agreed,

Interfaces that "look nice" but take up more of your screen, and take longer to get to stuff, are not an improvement.
This should have been optional, not forced.
Although this isnt nearly as bad as captains quarters, it has the same general aftertaste.
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2012-05-22 14:28:09 UTC
Ohai par0dy :D
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#5 - 2012-05-22 14:30:36 UTC
everyone screams at release but not much input during development and testing even after all the blogs about it... come on people.
Par0dy
Incognito Mode
Brotherhood of Spacers
#6 - 2012-05-22 14:33:24 UTC
i just want a box to make it all go away... thats all... just a little box

and hi Ammzi :)
Iamien
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-05-22 14:33:30 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
everyone screams at release but not much input during development and testing even after all the blogs about it... come on people.

You lie. They got tons of feedback on the inventory system from sisi testers. They acted on exactly 0 of it. Simply put, CCP's development pipeline does not incorporate forum feedback. If it's not a bug (reported to the bug tracker) and it's simply feedback, nothing done on sisi means anything.

By the time it's seen on sisi, the implementation is being tested, not the design.
Beolor
World Of Insomnia.
#8 - 2012-05-22 14:33:36 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:

...maybe 'cause there weren't really need for change at that topic?
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-05-22 14:33:41 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:

Bu**Sh**....go read the test server Forum.

WE WERE IGNORED UTTERLY.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Cedar Locus
Fleet 2 die
#10 - 2012-05-22 14:45:45 UTC
buy a gaming controller and stop whining ffs
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#11 - 2012-05-22 15:09:54 UTC
Beolor wrote:
Par0dy wrote:

Thanks

This. All said about the inventory.

Edit: oh, and please, can you stop that annoying popping up the ship's cargo after undocking and after each jump? Might help to see hostile in the fuckin' center of the screen, when jumping into lowsec.

the problem is in your UI settings somewhere
with default UI window options this does not happen
Beolor
World Of Insomnia.
#12 - 2012-05-22 15:35:47 UTC
Morganta wrote:
Beolor wrote:

Thank you for the hint. Thing is, it's not even acting he same way after the jumps, sometimes it pops up, sometimes it doesn't.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#13 - 2012-05-22 15:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Beolor wrote:
Morganta wrote:
Beolor wrote:

Thank you for the hint. Thing is, it's not even acting he same way after the jumps, sometimes it pops up, sometimes it doesn't.

That sounds like some sort of bug then, if it does and then does not pop up.
Senarian Tyme wrote:
Interfaces that "look nice" but take up more of your screen, and take longer to get to stuff, are not an improvement.
This should have been optional, not forced.

Bit annoying when I leave the cargo window open to keep an eye on the ol' ammo count.

Perhaps not anymore.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Zenst
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-05-22 15:50:40 UTC
old hanger system back please, dont make me spin my ship to explain why!