These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Rokh Or Raven

Author
Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-22 09:28:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Ivy Romanova
As the title says
Rokh or Raven
Currently , I am just a lowly mission runner doing lvl 3 missions in a ghetto Drake
Not much drama , not much excitement , mostly just mission running for the isk of it .(which is kinda crap)

Now I'm just wondering , if I plan to move into PvP sometime later in my career , should I buy a Raven now ,so I can do my lvl 4 missions and carry on my missile skills ( just a lowly 70k btw)
or should I head for the Rokh and continue to sharpen up mu gunnery(200k sp) and stuff to be ready for future pvp ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sarmatiko
#2 - 2012-05-22 09:42:27 UTC
If you plan to train missiles - Raven, and skip it for CNR or Golem as fast as you can afford minimal faction fit (see battleclinic for fits)
If you want hybrid insta damage in PVE - re-train for gallente rail boats like Navy Mega, Vindicator or Kronos.
Rokh is deadlock branch unfortunately.
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-05-22 09:43:29 UTC
with only 70k missile skills it probably isnt advisable to move on at all

When you play to PVP in the future you will cross train to another race

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-05-22 09:46:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Colonel Xaven
Ivy Romanova wrote:
As the title says
Now I'm just wondering , if I plan to move into PvP sometime later in my career , should I buy a Raven now ,so I can do my lvl 4 missions and carry on my missile skills ( just a lowly 70k btw)
or should I head for the Rokh and continue to sharpen up mu gunnery and stuff to be ready for future pvp ?

Go for Raven for PvE and note the stuff Sarmatiko has posted.

If you go into PvP, then put effort into Gunnery skills for the long term (paired with Gallente, Minmatar or Amarr ships). Missiles are okayish for Drakes as FOTM, but you want go into turrets as soon as you gain some PvP experience.

www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-22 09:48:31 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
If you plan to train missiles - Raven, and skip it for CNR or Golem as fast as you can afford minimal faction fit (see battleclinic for fits)
If you want hybrid insta damage in PVE - re-train for gallente rail boats like Navy Mega, Vindicator or Kronos.
Rokh is deadlock branch unfortunately.

really?
I heard the Rokh is a pretty solid hybrid platform and can tank a lot of hits
why is it a deadlock branch?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-05-22 09:59:16 UTC
Colonel Xaven wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
As the title says
or should I head for the Rokh and continue to sharpen up mu gunnery and stuff to be ready for future pvp ?

Go for Raven for PvE and note the stuff Sarmatiko has posted.

If you go into PvP, then put effort into Gunnery skills for the long term (paired with Gallente, Minmatar or Amarr ships). Missiles are okayish for Drakes as FOTM, but you want go into turrets as soon as you gain some PvP experience.

so...
what is the role of the Rokh?

if its not very useful in PvE , or is it useful in Pvp, as its outdone by Megathron in terms of rail and minmatarr ships in terms of versatility
why is it even here?

Sarmatiko
#7 - 2012-05-22 10:02:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
Ivy Romanova wrote:
really?

Веcause training Caldari Battleship V wont give you gun marauder or hybrid pirate battleship. You will have only two choices to increase your DPS - retrain for gallente until Kronos or train full Amarr branch until Nightmare.
Ofc you will get your 630 dps with Antimatter on Rokh if you want.

Rokh is better than Megathron in PVE, equal to Navy Mega (if you dont have drone skills) and worse than Vindicator and Kronos.

As far as I know, currently in PVP Rokh used as CTA sniper boat and small gang pvp with blasters.
Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-05-22 10:08:08 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
really?

Веcause training Caldari Battleship V wont give you gun marauder or hybrid pirate battleship. You will have only two choices to increase your DPS - retrain for gallente until Kronos or train full Amarr branch until Nightmare.

alrighty then
Going Megathron it is
so.. should I buy the Megathron right away and grind for iskies till I have the skills for the maruader mega
or stick in a Drake and wait it out?

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-05-22 10:10:39 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
really?

wait a sec
http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/8064-Rokh-PVP-Solo-Blaster-Boat.html

he's churning out 900+ dps????

Crellion
Nano Rhinos
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#10 - 2012-05-22 10:11:33 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
really?

alrighty then
Going Megathron it is
so.. should I buy the Megathron right away and grind for iskies till I have the skills for the maruader mega

Rokh isnt all that bad and it could well be getting better in a hurry... Naga is a better gun platform than the Talos too (yeah yeah I know all about the 5 light drones...). Tbh I would do both.

Start with Rokh which is good for missions (antimatter at all ranges and an uber tank) and then move on to Gallente ships which can incease yout dps even further. It will take a LOT of SPs though before the additional dps of a Mega is preferable to the additional tank of the Rokh for PvE...
Sup B1tches
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-05-22 10:14:15 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
really?

alrighty then
Going Megathron it is

Firstly, if you have only 70k in missile skills, for the love of god don't get into a BS yet!

Really you should spend a few days training up some Social skills to get loads more rewards, LPs and iskies. Just 5 days at most is all you need for them, and you will notice the difference.

Spend the next week or two training up every missile skill you possibly can, get all the missile support skills to 4, HMLs to 4, then get Cruise launchers to 4 before you even inject the Caldari BS skillbook.

The Rokh is a very good small gang pvp BS when done right, training up your hybrid skills would be a bit of a waste at the moment though.
Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-05-22 10:20:14 UTC
Sup B1tches wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:
really?

alrighty then
Going Megathron it is

Firstly, if you have only 70k in missile skills, for the love of god don't get into a BS yet!

Really you should spend a few days training up some Social skills to get loads more rewards, LPs and iskies. Just 5 days at most is all you need for them, and you will notice the difference.

Spend the next week or two training up every missile skill you possibly can, get all the missile support skills to 4, HMLs to 4, then get Cruise launchers to 4 before you even inject the Caldari BS skillbook.

The Rokh is a very good small gang pvp BS when done right, training up your hybrid skills would be a bit of a waste at the moment though.

whys that?
If i am going to move up to a Hybrid bs in a few months anyway , why still waste the time on missiles?
if I am not going to go pvping in a Drake anytime soon , and can't solo lvl4 in a drake effectively no matter what?

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-05-22 10:40:59 UTC
drake and tengu are the bread and butter of many players in pvp as well as pve, so training heavy missiles is not a bad idea in any case. i remember farming wormholes with my drake back when i had only 5mil SP or so. made enough moneys to afford a faction fit nightmare without ever undocking more than 70mil.
as for your question about lvl4s: it is true that the gallente ships are better hybrid platforms but if you really want to optimize mission running, you should consider the machariel or nightmare. they can both bring the DPS of a blaster rokh without the severe drawback of low range. if you want to stick with missiles, the navy raven is the way to go. it would have the advantage that you can profit from the missile support skills you already trained and you only need to get caldari BS as well as cruise missiles to 4 to make it work, so no need to trainup gunnery (at least for now).

on a side note: you want drone interfacing IV before you go into lvl4 missions, no matter which battleship you choose.

I should buy an Ishtar.

TomyLobo
U2EZ
#14 - 2012-05-22 10:51:32 UTC
Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-05-22 11:06:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ivy Romanova
lots of conflicting ideas here

Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#16 - 2012-05-22 11:12:55 UTC
I will recommend the SNI. A bit more expensive than the Rokh. half the cost of the CNR and you have the tank in the rokh and the DPS in the CNR. Even with one less cruise launcher, you can fit target painters and uber tank so you will have the same DPS against cruisers and frigates than a CNR (maybe more)

Since i bought her I did most hard L4 except worlds collide alone and without docking (just burning a few cap booster charges)

And I have 3.1 mill SP total, so no big deal
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-05-22 11:13:19 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:

that's because there are several ways to do stuff. we're just listing the options; it's up to you to decide which one you like most.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Ashimat
Clandestine Services
#18 - 2012-05-22 11:25:32 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:

Thats because any answer on the form "Apples are better than Bananas" are more or less useless unless you have a context.

Above statement is obviously false if I'm allergic to apples.

Got blog: http://thecloakedones.blogspot.com

Boomhaur
#19 - 2012-05-22 12:39:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Boomhaur
I think it should be a Rokh or T2 fitted Drake. It takes a lot longer to train a Raven up properly than a Drake, you can fit a T2 Drake with Scourge missiles and an AB (important to get close enough to BS's that have defenders so they can't use them if you want to apply full DPS, and so you can jet can 1 ammo and set orbit to speed tank the lazy way). Doing this you can do lv4 missions somewhat confortably though slow in comparison to properly trained characters on better ships, though if you had taken the Raven route you be doing it quite a bit slower for a quite awhile till you get your skills up and you have to juggle TP's and otherwise have to be more involved in your mission.

Though with your current skills for gunnery and missiles you have almost none. My advice don't rush to BS, if you do you will die a horrible death many times over. Train up everything to be T2 in tank and cruiser sized weapons and have good support skills that is relevant to the type of ships your fly, than think about BS ships.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-05-22 12:46:50 UTC
Boomhaur wrote:
It takes a lot longer to train a Raven up properly than a Drake

Naturally. However, it takes a lot less time to train for a Raven than most Battleships.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

123Next page