These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Tax change with inferno

Author
Lost Hamster
Hamster Holding Corp
#1 - 2012-05-21 14:53:41 UTC
From the patch notes:

- Market tax has been increased from 1% to 1.5% as a part of our initiative to keep the EVE economy healthy.

Shocked
Tekota
The Freighter Factory
#2 - 2012-05-21 15:01:11 UTC
Meh, 1 day notice to change all the spreadsheets :o)

Wonder if this'll break accounting skill somehow or we'll just see accounting V bring it down to 1%
Ayn Randy
Home For Pugs
#3 - 2012-05-21 15:20:20 UTC
Tekota wrote:

Wonder if this'll break accounting skill somehow or we'll just see accounting V bring it down to 1%

Probably bring it down to 1%, and hopefully a new skill soon to bring in back down to .5%
Lost Hamster
Hamster Holding Corp
#4 - 2012-05-21 15:23:48 UTC
Ayn Randy wrote:

Probably bring it down to 1%, and hopefully a new skill soon to bring in back down to .5%

I doubt that there will be a new skill. CCP wants to have more ISK sink in the game.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-21 15:41:10 UTC
THIS ^^^ is seriously your reaction to this rather major news ??? The Apathy is Killing.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#6 - 2012-05-21 16:31:49 UTC
Death and taxes.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-05-21 16:41:45 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Death and taxes.

I prefer them when subdued and drinkable : http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/763/2306

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Moto Akimoto
Tengu and Cash
#8 - 2012-05-21 16:43:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Moto Akimoto
Lost Hamster wrote:
From the patch notes:

- Market tax has been increased from 1% to 1.5% as a part of our initiative to keep the EVE economy healthy.

Shocked

I believe that one of the unintended consequenses of this tax increase will be lower trade volume and wider market spreads. This is assuming the Accounting Skill remains as is.

The impact will most likely be felt by the big traders and 0.01iskers if the majority of their monthly income/profits comes from trading. Indirectly it might also effect the couriers like Red Frog and Push.

Using CCP Diagoras tweet of 13.4T ISK traded on a Sunday as normal for the busiest trading day of the week, we are looking at a maximum reduction of ~2T ISK from the economy per month. With bounties in the 10s of Trillion ISK per month, this tax increase may or may not do much for the health of the economy.

We might also see a new trading hub pop up in FW space to take advantage of the lower transaction tax. (This might benefit Black Frog a bit as well.)

It will be difficult to gauge during the summer slump whether the pro's outweigh the con's, especially considering that Dust 514 is still a big wild card. So let's hope everything works out as intended.

Edit: Fixed typos (Thanks Vincent)
WarpOutNow
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-05-21 16:50:58 UTC
Jesus ******* Christ, how high do you even have to be.

When will CCP finally realize that they will have to nerf Highsec L4s and 0.0 ratting first, and then think about doing stupid things.
As if replacing the drone alloys with bounties and creating a huge magic ISK generator with Incursions wasn't bad enough already.

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD? CUT BOUNTIES BY 15%, RAISE ISK COST IN LP STORE BY 15%. SUDDENLY LESS ISK IN CIRCULATION.

Yes, I mad.
Lauren Hellfury
Super Happy Awesome Fun Times
#10 - 2012-05-21 16:53:38 UTC
Tekota wrote:

/me shakes head. (also at ayn randy)

Accounting reduces tax by 10% per level.

lrn2tradingskill

Help rid New Eden of T2 BPOs: ** https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62797 **The Full Pocket Aggro blog:  http://fullpocketaggro.blogspot.com/ **Now showing: **Margin Trading Scams

Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#11 - 2012-05-21 16:57:06 UTC
Well, with those Major market bots gone, people can now make some ISK finally and kinda help the economy a little bit with taking ISK out of the game.

From my observations and socialization, I don't think this will hurt the small time merchants or hurt the biggest ones, the ones moving from newbie to starter level's will find that .5% quite a bit of a challenge to overcome.

Personally the 1B to 10B area was a tough one for me.

I dunno, lets see what happens, if there's to much grimace about the tax rate then something might need to be tweaked or as a previous poster mentioned at-least plan for some kind of a new skillbook for later release to give the merchants something once in a while.

I would also have to mention, some of the current merchants who are struggling, like a few cap builders and PI are already pushed a bit to far, maybe some market regulation like lowering the taxes for certain items temporally just to give them something, while the more lucrative stuff can take that extra .5 on top of the new skill to offset this, just throwing it out there since were on the subject.
Lauren Hellfury
Super Happy Awesome Fun Times
#12 - 2012-05-21 16:59:54 UTC
In other news.....

Currently my tax/fee liability is approx. 1.2% on a flipped trade. After Tuesday that'll increase to 1.45% so about 20% higher. I really can't get too worked up by this.

Help rid New Eden of T2 BPOs: ** https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62797 **The Full Pocket Aggro blog:  http://fullpocketaggro.blogspot.com/ **Now showing: **Margin Trading Scams

stoicfaux
#13 - 2012-05-21 17:05:46 UTC
WarpOutNow wrote:
Jesus ******* Christ, how high do you even have to be.

When will CCP finally realize that they will have to nerf Highsec L4s and 0.0 ratting first, and then think about doing stupid things.
As if replacing the drone alloys with bounties and creating a huge magic ISK generator with Incursions wasn't bad enough already.

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD? CUT BOUNTIES BY 15%, RAISE ISK COST IN LP STORE BY 15%. SUDDENLY LESS ISK IN CIRCULATION.

Yes, I mad.

Have you read the patch notes? Specifically the part about how faction warfare will affect prices? Sounds like CCP may be in the process of changing a few paradigms:

"Level 5 requires 100,000 LPs: all stations in the system receive 5 additional slots, broker fees on contracts and market orders created in the system are reduced by 50%, medical clone costs are reduced by 50%"

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

WarpOutNow
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-05-21 17:10:57 UTC  |  Edited by: WarpOutNow
stoicfaux wrote:
Have you read the patch notes? Specifically the part about how faction warfare will affect prices? Sounds like CCP may be in the process of changing a few paradigms:

"Level 5 requires 100,000 LPs: all stations in the system receive 5 additional slots, broker fees on contracts and market orders created in the system are reduced by 50%, medical clone costs are reduced by 50%"

This still won't change the fact that we still have the problem of Highsec L4s and 0.0 bounties (what about Incursions after the nerf?) creating way too much isk.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-05-21 17:27:40 UTC
WarpOutNow wrote:

This still won't change the fact that we still have the problem of Highsec L4s and 0.0 bounties (what about Incursions after the nerf?) creating way too much isk.

God, it like a chant "Nerf High Sec. Nerf High Sec. Nerf High Sec. Nerf High Sec."

They need to give Null some things to do in Null again. It's ALL blue down there. Problem solved.

stoicfaux
#16 - 2012-05-21 17:28:44 UTC
WarpOutNow wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

Change can be implemented over time. Change can be done in small steps to see what impact the changes have.

Or maybe CCP's FW price reductions aren't part of a grand plan to overhaul Eve's economy. Try posting to the feedback thread and see if a Dev replies.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#17 - 2012-05-21 17:57:16 UTC  |  Edited by: corestwo
Fabulousli Obvious wrote:
WarpOutNow wrote:

God, it like a chant "Nerf High Sec. Nerf High Sec. Nerf High Sec. Nerf High Sec."

They need to give Null some things to do in Null again. It's ALL blue down there. Problem solved.

You know, he did say both highsec L4s and 0.0 bounties, implying they're both massive isk faucets that need to be nerfed.

The fact that highsec L4s are an equal reward to 0.0 bounties for a decidedly smaller risk is a separate matter.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-05-21 18:01:01 UTC
corestwo wrote:
You know, he did say both highsec L4s and 0.0 bounties, implying they're both massive isk faucets that need to be nerfed.

The fact that highsec L4s are an equal reward to 0.0 bounties for a decidedly smaller risk is a separate matter.

Irrelevant. The Nulbears have nothing to do down there anymore. OTEC is in place. It's done. So lets go rabble rabble rabble High Sec. Obvious is Obvious.

Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-05-21 18:08:18 UTC
Now that they have made Incursions second rate content, it's good to see the predictable Lv. 4 bashing has returned.

This is why you only train prerequisites to 5. They are all booked for a visit with the nerf bat sooner or later.
Tekota
The Freighter Factory
#20 - 2012-05-21 18:09:30 UTC
Lauren Hellfury wrote:

/me shakes head. (also at ayn randy)

Accounting reduces tax by 10% per level.

lrn2tradingskill

Oooh.... yeah.....

Ooops :o)

/me desperately trys to salvage point and give impression he'd considered that all along....

So when I was talking about breaking accounting skill I was actually (cough) talking about whether it'd retain the 10% per level as currently described (making new sales tax at accounting V 0.75%) or whether this is internally manipulated in some way other than the impression given in the description, eg. by a flat 0.1% reduction per level (resulting in new sales tax at accounting V 1%).

Yeah, that's what I meant.

All along.

(although personally my money's on accounting skill breaking entirely and either having no effect, having an additive effect, or hard setting sales tax to 0.9% - 0.5% for levels 1-5).
123Next page