These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EvE still the meanest MMO around?

Author
Malak Dawnfire
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2012-05-19 15:59:34 UTC
Ohanka wrote:
Eve promotes communism

I CONCUR.
Ituhata Saken
Killboard Padding Services
#22 - 2012-05-19 16:06:12 UTC
I've hopped on and off this game alot since 2007, aside from never-ending balance games and some big (pita) sov mechanic changes the game seems more or less the same, only the tactics change. The recent UI improvements make the game alot more functional and responsive than before, but it don't feel it really makes learning the game much easier and certainly doesn't help one master it. It only gets easier everytime I come back because I've done it before.

So close...

Rond Dorlezahn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-05-19 17:17:23 UTC
EVE is the "hardest" MMO to get used to, but it really isn't that difficult if you keep an open mind, take advice where it's given, and be cautious in your first month. Being a harder game to learn than other MMOs just means the difficulty is turned up to, at the least, Medium.
Vyl Vit
#24 - 2012-05-19 17:55:58 UTC
This wins The Most Posted JPEG Award - not just for EVE, but for the entire history of the internet. Yay.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2012-05-19 18:06:50 UTC
5000 dead miners would say this is still the most twisted hive of scum and hardship around.
Reachok
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-05-19 22:12:04 UTC
Title said meanest. Yes. Hardest, that robot game may give it some competition.

The bad guys went the other way, seriously....

Jayem See
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-05-19 22:27:56 UTC
I don't think it's particularly harsh if you have half a brain-cell.

Big? Yes. Daunting? Yes. Difficult - not so sure. I've turned my hand at a few different professions and come out ok. That said, I have never really excelled either.

So maybe it's difficult to be "great" at - to achieve modest success and enjoy it is not so hard.

I suppose it comes down to commitment and time. As with anything, what you put in, you get out.

Aaaaaaand relax.

Euthen Arran
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-05-19 23:00:34 UTC
Complex game, but not particularly hard to pick up. Certainly not the hardest game to play (skill-wise). Personally I find the user interface the biggest block - compared to other games it's unreasonably clunky and having most of your screen filled up with windows rather than the game world is silly and not imersive.
Previous page12