These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New look on Ship Crews.

Author
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-05-18 19:20:50 UTC
I want a crew that does absolutely nothing, it drops in a can or in your wreck, and then you have to write several hundred letters to families explaining why you got their ~family member killed.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#22 - 2012-05-18 19:57:06 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
I want a crew that does absolutely nothing, it drops in a can or in your wreck, and then you have to write several hundred letters to families explaining why you got their ~family member killed.

In the few scant hours (s)he was part of my crew, your recently departed family member earned more than your entire planet-bound family has made for as many generations as you care to go back, combined.

I will be back to [planet] within [timeframe] recruiting for a new crew.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Ace Nitsua
Mechanical Eagles Inc.
#23 - 2012-05-19 08:57:47 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Ace Nitsua wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Ship crews! Because we don't have enough modules and implants to fit!

Like I have said and Loius Woo said this takes no modules it takes no room at all except a new button in the neowcom

You misunderstand. Crews will just be another type of module. Or they'll be a permanent fixture in your ship, which means everyone will be even MORE risk-averse, as losing your ship means resetting your crew's "experience" that people always talk about.

No. A thousand times no.

How did I misunderstand my own post I said No new Modules. I don't know how i can make it any more clear than that. It won't take up any space at all.

You don't even have to use this feature. Anyway thinking about it those day to day pirates probably aren't gonna be using this that much the go out expecting to lose their ship so why waste the time. Whereas the carebears this will get them out there feeling they have more tank

It will give those people that quick boost that they need to anything they want.

If you have 2 tengus going at it one is a level 4 and has missile damage to level 5 and the other tengu is a level 5 but has no ship crew skills trained the first tengu is not going to over power the second one. This idea is not going to make any ship over powered.

And just to be sure you and everyone else understand this is not going to take up any slots whatsoever.
Xhaiden Ora
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-05-19 09:33:20 UTC
Ace Nitsua wrote:
How did I misunderstand my own post I said No new Modules. I don't know how i can make it any more clear than that. It won't take up any space at all.

You can call it whatever you want, but you're still adding one more concern to ship fitting, one more "optional" thing that will become a standard requirement and one more bit of complexity to an already overly complex ship system. Anything you add to the game that provides any sort of advantage to a ship, regardless of how small, will eventually become the standard. Then its just one more annoyance you have to worry about.
Ace Nitsua
Mechanical Eagles Inc.
#25 - 2012-05-19 11:38:02 UTC
Kind of getting a bit annoyed that everyone keeps saying the same thing here.

This is exactly why I think this never caught on 1, almost every previous post about ship crews has some hug complicated thing taking up ship slots or having primary and secondary skills for your character, 2, every since those post everyone thinks ship crew is gonna have be complicated. Yes it will bring more complexity to the game but I made this so simple even a brand new player can get this.

it seriously just goes like this:

"I have a new Drake that I want to start crew training in."
*Opens Crew training window from Neocom*
"hmm i want to make my tank better"
*Select defence*
-New window shows Armor or Shield-
*Selects shield*
-New window shows Resist or Shield Hitpoints-
"How bout i increase my resist"
*Selects Resist Lvl 1*
-Training Started-
"Woot"

AttentionNo this is not gonna be how the final product will work but this is basically itAttention

For every other skill it is just as easy. This isn't going to make any ship overpowered. This is more to make the eve experience more realistic and become closer to it's lore. There has always been a rather large gap between the game and the lore. These bonuses aren't going to be so big its a game changer to the point where everyone is doing it and it becomes a norm, and if it does every time someone buys a new ship they are going to sit in station for a few days getting these skills up before they go out and i just don't see that.

I may be wrong but like i said I do believe that this will get most of those carebears who have always wanted to try some pvp out there to try it. For 2 reasons 1. Being able to make their own ship have more tank or be able to more dps out there and 2. The day to day pirates won't train that much into these skill because well when you go looking for a fight you are ready to lose the ship. Don't fly what you can't afford to loose.

Most of all I am not saying this needs to be implemented now, some of you are saying its not gonna work right now ok thats good to know but do you like the idea? This isn't "The implemented into eve tomorrow" forum page its the Features and Ideas forums.

So if you like the idea say something please positive or negative, but If you are just gonna say thsis stupid and gonna be to complicated please look above because if that is to complicated for you then how are you able to play this game. I would love to know how.
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-05-19 15:55:07 UTC
Ace Nitsua wrote:
Kind of getting a bit annoyed that everyone keeps saying the same thing here.

This is exactly why I think this never caught on 1, almost every previous post about ship crews has some hug complicated thing taking up ship slots or having primary and secondary skills for your character, 2, every since those post everyone thinks ship crew is gonna have be complicated. Yes it will bring more complexity to the game but I made this so simple even a brand new player can get this.

For every other skill it is just as easy. This isn't going to make any ship overpowered. This is more to make the eve experience more realistic and become closer to it's lore. There has always been a rather large gap between the game and the lore. These bonuses aren't going to be so big its a game changer to the point where everyone is doing it and it becomes a norm, and if it does every time someone buys a new ship they are going to sit in station for a few days getting these skills up before they go out and i just don't see that.

I may be wrong but like i said I do believe that this will get most of those carebears who have always wanted to try some pvp out there to try it. For 2 reasons 1. Being able to make their own ship have more tank or be able to more dps out there and 2. The day to day pirates won't train that much into these skill because well when you go looking for a fight you are ready to lose the ship. Don't fly what you can't afford to loose.

Most of all I am not saying this needs to be implemented now, some of you are saying its not gonna work right now ok thats good to know but do you like the idea? This isn't "The implemented into eve tomorrow" forum page its the Features and Ideas forums.

So if you like the idea say something please positive or negative, but If you are just gonna say thsis stupid and gonna be to complicated please look above because if that is to complicated for you then how are you able to play this game. I would love to know how.

This is really the crux of the problem. anything that you are adding to the game, ships, modules or skills, becomes part of the min/max paradigm that vet players can afford to keep up and that noob players have to have to be able to attempt to keep up.

The bonuses doesn't have to be big, but it becomes the difference between +5 implants, and not 5 implants. It really doesn't matter how vast or small you make the differences, it becomes required to have at all.

"These bonuses aren't going to be so big its a game changer to the point where everyone is doing it and it becomes a norm, and if it does every time someone buys a new ship they are going to sit in station for a few days getting these skills up before they go out and i just don't see that."

I am sure people were saying that about many skills before they became "mandatory to do things" I am sure you have heard all of the people who say things like "it takes six months to become a useful player" etc, etc,. Adding ship bonuses that are dependent on training just means that it is even further to "catch up" with a vet when the noob through lack of other skills gets consistently blown up and the vet does not.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Previous page12