These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The drone poo nerf was needed but...

Author
Yabba Addict
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-18 15:34:55 UTC
CCP, i think you may have screwed the pooch on this one. The botting in the drone regions was terribad, having massive effects on the mining profession, making ships crazy cheap and so on, and so needed to be done. I'm not speaking out against that. But fast forward a few weeks, and now we're seeing highsec missioning bots everywhere. If you thought incursions were bad for inflation, wait till you see how much isk is being generated by these smeggers. I like pulling numbers (among other things) outa my arse, so i reckon double the isk will be generated from bots compared to incursions.
Tessla Coil
Pirannha Corp
#2 - 2012-05-18 15:47:15 UTC
Yabba Addict wrote:
CCP, i think you may have screwed the pooch on this one. The botting in the drone regions was terribad, having massive effects on the mining profession, making ships crazy cheap and so on, and so needed to be done. I'm not speaking out against that. But fast forward a few weeks, and now we're seeing highsec missioning bots everywhere. If you thought incursions were bad for inflation, wait till you see how much isk is being generated by these smeggers. I like pulling numbers (among other things) outa my arse, so i reckon double the isk will be generated from bots compared to incursions.

It's all part of a plan, that is unfolding as expected.

The null sec'ers will be braying ever more loudly for a nerf to L4 missions, and naturally Soundwave (who did the 2007 goon presentation at Fanfest) , will quickly agree that "for the good of the economy, we must reduce L4 income".

He already stated a 10% hit to missions was being examined (Ten Ton Hammer interview), and that was BEFORE the hit to any bots that operated in drone space.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#3 - 2012-05-18 15:50:34 UTC
Tessla Coil wrote:
Yabba Addict wrote:

The null sec'ers will be braying ever more loudly for a nerf to L4 missions, and naturally Soundwave (who did the 2007 goon presentation at Fanfest) , will quickly agree that "for the good of the economy, we must reduce L4 income".

He already stated a 10% hit to missions was being examined (Ten Ton Hammer interview), and that was BEFORE the hit to any bots that operated in drone space.

you sound vexed brethren
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#4 - 2012-05-18 16:27:03 UTC
Tessla Coil wrote:
Yabba Addict wrote:

My my, that's pretty convincing.

I better try to move away from dependence on L4 running.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-05-18 16:54:02 UTC
Nerfing drone drops was pure tokenism. They did it because they were grabbing at straws. If they want to cure inflation, they'd increase production to match the ISK in circulation, not nerf it. Now computer weenies have proof those other buildings at the university were teaching something, too.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

knulla
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-05-18 16:58:10 UTC
Incursions should be nerfed even more!

[u]Malice Redeemer[/u] - "Post if you are unsubing over the new inventory"  Posted: 2012.05.23 01:39

lol

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#7 - 2012-05-18 16:58:50 UTC
Tessla Coil wrote:

Agreed.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2012-05-18 17:03:27 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:
Nerfing drone drops was pure tokenism. They did it because they were grabbing at straws. If they want to cure inflation, they'd increase production to match the ISK in circulation, not nerf it. Now computer weenies have proof those other buildings at the university were teaching something, too.

Production will only go up if there is the demand. The droneland minerals also did not cause any inflation.
Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-05-18 17:13:03 UTC
There goes our missioning isk fountain! How will GoonSwarm ever survive without this!
Vokanic
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-05-18 17:17:04 UTC
Tessla Coil wrote:
Yabba Addict wrote:

Oh no, show us where the nasty goonies touched you?

No, you can leave your tinfoil hat on when you do so! If you're so headset in saying CCP is goon compromised (ahahahah) then why are you even posting on here.. its not safe! go to an external gaming site.. I'm sure they'll love to hear from you *snigger*