These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

MERLIN - Needs 3 Missile Slots

Author
Fortis88
Caldari Salvage Corp.
#1 - 2012-05-12 16:18:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Fortis88
The Caldari Merlin needs at least one more missile slot for a total of 3. And another low slot while you're at it. I am tired of flying Caldari ships and finding out that half of the turret slots are not for missiles. WTF. I am Caldari. I shoot missiles. Give me more missile slots. And dont change the Merlin into a hybrid gun boat. Really. Its not a Gallente ship. Stay true to the Missiles.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-05-12 16:22:44 UTC
Please explain the Naga, Rokh, Harpy, Raptor, Moa, Eagle, Ferox and Vulture if Caldari are all missiles all the time?
Fortis88
Caldari Salvage Corp.
#3 - 2012-05-12 16:23:50 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Please explain the Naga, Rokh, Harpy, Raptor, Moa, Eagle, Ferox and Vulture if Caldari are all missiles all the time?

That's the problem I'm talking about.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-05-12 16:28:40 UTC
Fortis88 wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

What problem are you talking about?
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#5 - 2012-05-12 16:32:33 UTC
There is no problem.

You want to only fly missile ships, stick with the purely missile ships.
Doggy Dogwoofwoof
New Eden Corporation 98713347
Brotherhood of Spacers
#6 - 2012-05-12 17:18:18 UTC
Caldari should be the drone race TBH, it fits the lore. so stop complaning
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#7 - 2012-05-12 18:49:53 UTC
Judging by the OP, Caldari are the stupid race more than the missile race.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#8 - 2012-05-12 19:21:11 UTC
Used correctly the Merlin is an incredible PvP frigate. Its doesn't need any changes. I would say its on par with the Rifter, it doesn't need buffing.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-05-12 22:20:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Duchess Starbuckington
Caldari have a missile frigate, it's called a Kestrel. The Merlin is great with turrets.
Quote:

I'm really not seeing a problem here.
Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-05-13 00:48:54 UTC
Maybe OP should bother to understand and learn that Caldari are both rail-guns AND Missiles instead of being a noob idiot who thinks he knows all dat.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-05-13 11:40:55 UTC
Patience, The Merlin will become a Hybride ship only (sad to see the multi platfrom go though), and when the tier system is dropped, the way is open to adjust the Kestrell to a ship that has simular Power, CPU, Cap and Fittings.

Problem solved

Fortis88
Caldari Salvage Corp.
#12 - 2012-05-16 18:57:10 UTC
CCP do not change my Merlin to a hybrid boat. Add missiles. Not guns. If the missiles are inadequate for PVP, then upgrade them. Gallente are good with hybrid turrets. Do not contaminate Caldari ships with that trash.
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#13 - 2012-05-16 19:32:59 UTC
Fortis88 wrote:
CCP do not change my Merlin to a hybrid boat. Add missiles. Not guns. If the missiles are inadequate for PVP, then upgrade them. Gallente are good with hybrid turrets. Do not contaminate Caldari ships with that trash.

It's called a Kestrel you moran.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2012-05-16 21:17:02 UTC
Fortis88 wrote:

What trash? you mean the stuff they've had since the start?

Biomass yourself.
Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-05-17 01:06:47 UTC
Quote:

Wow you really are a ******* idiot.
Tar Omrir
Bregan D'aerthe.
#16 - 2012-05-17 11:32:23 UTC
Ugh. Why. Respond. To. The. Troll.

Tar Omrir, Chairman, Cygnus Industries

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-05-18 13:16:02 UTC
Fortis88 wrote:
CCP do not change my Merlin to a hybrid boat...

It's not your Merlin.

Looks like this thread has run it's course due to OP not providing reasonable opinions on the matter & going with the "Me me me, I want" format.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.