These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Cloak Reactivation Times...

Author
Stigman Zuwadza
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-16 15:15:58 UTC
Ok, so I was a little gobsmacked when I discovered my Stealth Bomber's cloak took 15 seconds before I could reactivate it, for a moment I thought I was going mad as I was expecting 5 seconds like other Cov Ops ships I fly.

Well, anyway, I set about checking if this 15 seconds was a bug or something as I couldn't believe this was the case. It seems that it is the case, much to my surprise and the main reason being that its a combat ship (just what I read).

Now, if its the case that the minimum 15 seconds for cloak reactivation is for combat ships, why then does the Tengu get the 5 second minimum (and Loki and I assume other ships of this type).

This difference in times seems somewhat inconsistent. So I suggest either of the following:

• bring SB reactivation times inline with other Cov Ops ships.
• bring other Cov Ops ships inline with SB's.

Failing that, write some special code, just for me, that sets my cloak reactivation to 5 seconds. Big smile

Have a good one. o7

It's broken and it's been broken for a long time and it'll be broken for some time to come.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2012-05-16 15:25:40 UTC
hm... covops cloak is (was?) ~5 sec last time I was flying in something with it.

You sure you didn't accidentally it with an Improved Cloak?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Stigman Zuwadza
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-05-16 15:28:26 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
hm... covops cloak is (was?) ~5 sec last time I was flying in something with it.

You sure you didn't accidentally it with an Improved Cloak?

See, this was exactly my thought til I investigated a little further. Smile

I even went to the trouble of getting multiple cloaks and swapping then out / logging off just to be sure.

It's broken and it's been broken for a long time and it'll be broken for some time to come.

Bl4ck Ph03n1x
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-05-16 17:27:05 UTC
Stealth bomber can fits bombs and torpedos.
Cov Ops can't.

You don't want to be invulnerable, don't you?

Don't feed the trolls.

Stigman Zuwadza
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-16 22:03:53 UTC
Bl4ck Ph03n1x wrote:
Stealth bomber can fits bombs and torpedos.
Cov Ops can't.

You don't want to be invulnerable, don't you?

Don't quite get the last line but ..meh.

A Cov Ops cloak is a Cov Ops cloak, SB's and Cov Ops ships use the same mod, this kind of difference doesn't appear in any other mods (not that I know what every mod does).

I just think the mod should behave the same is all.

Fly safe. o7

Im Super Gay
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-05-16 22:42:12 UTC
Cloaky T3's are on the order of a recon ship, depending on your electronics sub. You must gimp your dps in a cloaky T3 to fit a cov ops cloak, whereas there is no dps gimp to fit torps and bombs on a stealth bomber with a cov ops cloak.

I'm not nessicarily disagreeing with changing the reactivation delay, I'm merely pointing out the fallacy of equating a ship whose primary role is combat with a ship whose primary role is not combat.
Stigman Zuwadza
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-05-17 00:39:06 UTC
I have to confess that I only know this much |---| about the ships that use the Cov Ops cloak, but it seems to me, however you look at it, that the Stealth Bomber lacks the element of Stealth if you have to wait so long to reactivate ones cloak.

To say its stealthy when in reality its actually less stealthy than other Cov Ops / Recon ships (any ship with a faster reactivation time) seems, errmmm wrong. Lol

If anything the SB should have the fastest to reactivate cloak to give it true stealth ...just so it lives up to its namesake.

Fly safe. o7