These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Goonswarm: They are doing something with Ice and Oxytopes

First post
Author
The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#381 - 2011-10-03 00:15:29 UTC
you guys could try to tank your macks and mine gallente ice!

really!

please? :((((

why are you giving up so quickly we've only just begun killing you :((((((((((((((((((((((((

~hi~

The Apostle
Doomheim
#382 - 2011-10-03 00:18:22 UTC
Mara Tessidar wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
i think "man this is such a smashing success we're already contemplating which one we do next" is sort of the opposite of giving up

This, really, we're out of targets

Whaa?

Even the copious quantities of "Mack bots" cottoned on to your cunning plan?

Smart bots.... Really.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

CATPAIN KIRK
State War Academy
Caldari State
#383 - 2011-10-03 00:22:04 UTC
The Mittani wrote:

really!

why are you giving up so quickly we've only just begun killing you :((((((((((((((((((((((((

There's three maks in brapelille
The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#384 - 2011-10-03 00:23:31 UTC
CATPAIN KIRK wrote:
The Mittani wrote:

really!

There's three maks in brapelille

on it, thanks

~hi~

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#385 - 2011-10-03 00:23:53 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Mara Tessidar wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
i think "man this is such a smashing success we're already contemplating which one we do next" is sort of the opposite of giving up

Whaa?

Smart bots.... Really.

mack bots aren't advanced enough to reship once you blow them up, sadly

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#386 - 2011-10-03 00:24:37 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
miners probably never made so much isk as in the last few days just by doing nothing and selling stuff.

Judging by the volumes traded there is a lot of speculation going on, and prices could crash hard. If I had any oxygen isotopes or blue ice, or mackinaws I would be dumping stock. Even retriever prices seem to have jumped.
Dramaticus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#387 - 2011-10-03 00:27:10 UTC
you must construct additional brutixes

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

The Apostle
Doomheim
#388 - 2011-10-03 00:28:05 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Concerning goons claiming to fight botting - well that's plain, simple machiavelism - mittens is admittedly quite good at it (often too good, which renders things boring).
Bots will always be part of the game - getting all worked up about them is just a sign you perform tasks a simple script can do as well and thus, lack of creativity (no offense intended). I don't use bots, but I don't mind them.

tbh, it's not the bots themselves that gets me riled, it's the hypocrisy around them. Bots are stupid, the people making the claims about what they do/not do about them is, well, stupider.

Quote:
As for the link - idk, but kangaroo meat was a quite common sight in Austrian supermarkets during the BSE crisis (guess most of it was imported from Australia though ;))

And it's a good meat. Very lean and if cooked right, is tender as.

Must admit, those that eat it cop some flak for eating "our Australia icon" but by and large, they're greenized city people who have NFI about them as the nuisance they can be.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

The Apostle
Doomheim
#389 - 2011-10-03 00:30:45 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Mara Tessidar wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

Whaa?

Smart bots.... Really.

mack bots aren't advanced enough to reship once you blow them up, sadly

Totally agree here. 'bout time the macro script writers fixed this.

^^ red letter day.

Taedrin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#390 - 2011-10-03 00:34:24 UTC
Eventually one of three things will happen:
1) Bots will be changed to adapt, by staying aligned and warping out at the first sign of trouble (HINT: bots are much better at spamming the d-scan than humans are, and are much better at paying attention to the overview too)

2) Bots will change from Macronaws to Covetors. In order to prevent Gallente ice from reaching the market, Goons will have to be on top of these ice field on a regular basis, to prevent these less expensive ships from getting a cycle in.

3) The price of oxygen isotopes reach a critical point where (HEAVEN FORBID) it becomes more economical to mine in low sec.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#391 - 2011-10-03 00:48:03 UTC
We have bounties on Covetors, too. And they're even easier to kill.

For reference: https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/583939
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#392 - 2011-10-03 00:50:22 UTC
Taedrin wrote:
The price of oxygen isotopes reach a critical point where (HEAVEN FORBID) it becomes more economical to mine in low sec.

Lowsec: you mean that place where there is no CONCORD and we can drop carriers on mining barges.

Yeah, that sounds like a great place to mine.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#393 - 2011-10-03 00:52:39 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Mara Tessidar wrote:
We have bounties on Covetors, too. And they're even easier to kill.

For reference: https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/583939

An insurable Covetor gets blowed up by an insured 'geddon.

Good for business...

Carry on.

/me starts buying up Trit

Sebero Sinak
Doomheim
#394 - 2011-10-03 00:54:23 UTC
If i ever come back back to Eve, biomassed 2 toons during the riots and waiting on subscrip to run out, - i'd be proud to be accepted as a cog in the greater good that is goons.

While all Mittani's ideas may not be fully thought out they are inspiring, fun, and offer a clear direction to move in.

+1 to Goons
The Apostle
Doomheim
#395 - 2011-10-03 01:01:13 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Sebero Sinak wrote:
If i ever come back back to Eve, biomassed 2 toons during the riots and waiting on subscrip to run out, - i'd be proud to be accepted as a cog in the greater good that is goons.

While all Mittani's ideas may not be fully thought out they are inspiring, fun, and offer a clear direction to move in.

+1 to Goons

so you couldn't/wouldn't actually join goons before the riots to liven up your sad-ass?

"if I ever come bacK"?

Goons are doing it NOW..... Why wait?

btw: Is this the main you didn't biomass or a new toon that took up a slot that was biomassed?

Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#396 - 2011-10-03 01:01:44 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
a dynamic, player-driven, conflict-driven exciting event changing things in the game.
this.
David Grogan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#397 - 2011-10-03 01:09:22 UTC
i bet the ruskies are making a fortune by having 100's of bots mining thick blue ice in the drone regions right now.

goons are actually encouraging botting... only now its even more prevailent in null sec.

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

Anela Cistine
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#398 - 2011-10-03 01:12:42 UTC
David Grogan wrote:
i bet the ruskies are making a fortune by having 100's of bots mining thick blue ice in the drone regions right now.

goons are actually encouraging botting... only now its even more prevailent in null sec.

Look, there's only a few thousand of us, we can't do everything ourselves. Be the change you want to see. Get out there and gank some bots.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#399 - 2011-10-03 01:16:57 UTC
Anela Cistine wrote:
David Grogan wrote:

Look, there's only a few thousand of us, we can't do everything ourselves. Be the change you want to see. Get out there and gank some bots.

Actually you'll find that a lot would love to but 'cos they're only a few, they're looking up to the wisdom, purity and strength of the Goons to lead the way.

Alas, Goons are on the Russian payroll so it ain't gonna happen.

Basileus Volkan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#400 - 2011-10-03 01:27:29 UTC
The Apostle wrote:

tbh, it's not the bots themselves that gets me riled, it's the hypocrisy around them. Bots are stupid, the people making the claims about what they do/not do about them is, well, stupider.

The Apostle wrote:

Typical Goon BS. As usual.

(Did they forget that 90% of the ice being mined in empire is by 0.0 alts for use in 0.0?)

To support botting alliances, as usual.

Mittani is just doing mindless cheap **** to boost his "popularity", disguised as "doing good". As usual.

Blink