These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tormentor, a taste of things to come?

Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#1 - 2012-05-16 15:59:18 UTC
I would never, at any point after my first month playing in EVE, have thought I'd willingly hop into a Tormentor again.

I was wrong. It's actually now quite a fun ship to fly (on the test server).

If this is a taste of things to come as far as the ship rebalancing it will revitalize the game. I've always viewed diversity in what we see in game to be a good thing, and soon we will commonly see ships in use that we rarely see today. New tactics in many areas of combat, and perhaps even PVE activites, will develop. New FOTM ships and fleet compositions are on the horizon.

I have to say, well done so far CCP.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Emiko Luan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-05-16 16:01:53 UTC
I am looking forward to my new incursus, and logi frigates :P

+welcome to my world+ http://emikochan13.wordpress.com http://emikochan13.deviantart.com

Qorra Djembe
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-05-16 16:27:14 UTC
Not an Amarr pilot, what changes were made to the Tormentor?

Why was it crap before? Why is it better now?
bassie12bf1
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#4 - 2012-05-16 16:46:31 UTC
Qorra Djembe wrote:

It's a crappy mining frigate now, it'll become a combat frigate after inferno.
Rond Dorlezahn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-16 16:54:47 UTC
That's really cool. All of the mining-specialized frigates are pretty silly, if you ask me.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#6 - 2012-05-16 17:07:05 UTC
Qorra Djembe wrote:

Yeah, mining bonuses before.

Now damage bonus among other tweaks.

Now you end up with a quick frigate with 3 high slots, 2 turret hard points, drone bay and bandwidth for 2 light drones.

It's not earth shaking, but it's certainly a viable T1 combat frigate now. We'll see how they compete a little better once they hit common usage on the main server.

Incursus, Punisher, and Rifter have been rebalanced to test as well.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#7 - 2012-05-16 17:43:59 UTC
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-05-16 18:25:39 UTC
Emiko Luan wrote:
I am looking forward to my new incursus, and logi frigates :P
Now I don't feel so bad training Gallente.Straight What is this about logi frigates, because I haven't seen anything about them yet.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#9 - 2012-05-16 20:32:33 UTC
A new guy in my corp was whining that this expansion isn't bringing any "new ships" into the game. Which is funny because he joined right before Crucible, so all he knows is every ship existed before and 4 new ships got added.

Anyway, I corrected him by explaining that its better to have every existing ship be a viable option to play in than to add new, unneccessary ships to the game for the sake of "newness."

I was reading in one of the many tiericide threads about the Navitas being turned into a dedicated drone boat and became quite excited in the pants.

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Teinyhr
Ourumur
#10 - 2012-05-16 20:58:43 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
...and Rifter have been rebalanced to test as well.

They've dared mess with perfection? Eve is now ruined forever.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#11 - 2012-05-16 21:15:17 UTC
Teinyhr wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

I could be wrong (don't have time to check right now) but I believe they lowed cap a bit, but increased armor and shield a bit. Nothing to dramtic, the Rifter is already an iconic craft.

Punisher tweaks were minor as well, upped its cap a bit I think.

And although i haven't flown it on the test server yet, I hear the Incursus is something of a beast now. Smile

Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-05-16 21:56:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Mortimer Civeri
Teinyhr wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

They've soiled it.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-05-16 22:09:47 UTC
Te goal should be to bust all frigates, so even the scanning ones have 5% resistance for all armor types, scanning skills, and 3 unbonused turrets for offense.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#14 - 2012-05-16 22:35:14 UTC
Burseg Sardaukar wrote:
I was reading in one of the many tiericide threads about the Navitas being turned into a dedicated drone boat and became quite excited in the pants.

I, too, felt a swelling in the loins at that possibility. Personally, I'd like to see what the Atron (and its ilk) look like after all of this is done.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#15 - 2012-05-17 00:03:00 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Teinyhr wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

I could be wrong (don't have time to check right now) but I believe they lowed cap a bit, but increased armor and shield a bit. Nothing to dramtic, the Rifter is already an iconic craft.

Punisher tweaks were minor as well, upped its cap a bit I think.

And although i haven't flown it on the test server yet, I hear the Incursus is something of a beast now. Smile

Rifter doesn't need Cap that bad anyway, so I don't see that as a problem unless you decide to randomly fit NOS, or Hybrids to it. Otherwise, it might get a bit less out of an MWD or AB. The added armor and shield will be cool though as it was always good but still a bit thin imo.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Mack Gyver
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-05-17 00:33:46 UTC
you are a one month char. your opinions dont matter to us at all. go fly your frig and STFU
Drunken Bum
#17 - 2012-05-17 01:32:25 UTC
Mack Gyver wrote:
you are a one month char. your opinions dont matter to us at all. go fly your frig and STFU

Speak for yourself.

After the patch we're giving the market some gentle supply restriction, like tying one wrist to the bedpost loosely with soft silk rope. Just enough to make things a bit more exciting for the market, not enough to make a safeword necessary.  -Fozzie

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#18 - 2012-05-17 03:00:55 UTC
The punisher also now has a dmg bonus instead of a cap bonus \o/

say goodbye to the AC and blaster punishers

(pssst do to the maller and prophecy too)

The Drake is a Lie