These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Goonswarm: They are doing something with Ice and Oxytopes

First post
Author
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#361 - 2011-10-02 23:02:13 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Wot I Think wrote:
The tart from goons has more likes than you do.

What do you make of that?

I wasn't aware likes matter. Some of the people who i think are the most unique and interesting posters have even less.

Just saying what's on your mind instead of trying to be liked never makes one popular.

Yeah malcanis has 353 whats THAT tell you

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#362 - 2011-10-02 23:02:59 UTC
Anyways here is free tip for the crazy iceheads who still think block of blue is worth the risk.

Buffertank hulk, replace with ice miners... and go get killed.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

The Apostle
Doomheim
#363 - 2011-10-02 23:04:51 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Anyways here is free tip for the crazy iceheads who still think block of blue is worth the risk.

Buffertank hulk, replace with ice miners... and go get killed.

I smell a Hulk producer Blink

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#364 - 2011-10-02 23:07:38 UTC
Nono... I produce only the ice mining lazors... so go get killed :=)

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#365 - 2011-10-02 23:09:10 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
all i see is another angry pubbie mashing the post button furiously, and that makes me happy

gotta stay away from those mirrirs mittans, youre doing the same thing

Yes

The Apostle
Doomheim
#366 - 2011-10-02 23:09:22 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Ntrails wrote:
Vesago wrote:

News flash : Destroying ISK makes CCP happy. So avoid the goonsquad and test until it is done if you dont want to get involved in PVP, but dont ***** about economic this or that, its a waste of time.

News flash: you are an idiot.

A ship exploding is not an isk sink, but a faucet. Since no actual isk goes into the manufacture of the ship or its modules, and all items used to create it came from LP/Mining/Whatever. When it goes boom, isk is added to the economy.

This is nothing compared to the 24/7 ratting bots that infest our honourable space though, so really who gives a ****?

Ooooh Mr Rails, chill out man.

He said CCP likes ISK destroyed. i.e. broken ships.

And you guys DO NOT run bots 24/7.. Sheesh....

It's 23.5/7

But we'll never actually know 'cos you'll never report them.

So go report the bots?

I mean, you seem to really hate them, so why don't you go do it?

Hey, true enough, but I wouldn't be able to publicize that I found X number of bots in Goon territory anyway?

So I couln't prove it if I tried.

I was just sorta hoping that you guys would make a bit of an effort. Obviously some of you did until you were told not to.

Good boys.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#367 - 2011-10-02 23:09:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Large Collidable Object
Peyerate wrote:
If I had one Oxygen Isotope for every tear in this thread, I would be a rich man.

I'll definitely be voting for Mittani again!

Didn't vote for him (Prom all the way!) and never particularily liked goons, although their antics made me chuckle quite regularily during the past 6 years.

But after having written them completely off due to considering mittens-gen goons to be extremely boring and ~just-another-bot-blob~ compared to previous incarnations, this initiative provides for more enjoyablbe content than CCP have put out since apocrypha.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#368 - 2011-10-02 23:13:42 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:
This sounds a lot like a crazy consipiracy... Why do you want to know if i have any pets if it wasn't?

Conspiracy, crazy or not, is a problem; the word is being misused most of the time.. crazy conspiracy theories are likely what you mean... more often than not they are bogus. but if the goonies really are conspiring to do something - it is a conspiracy..... calling it crazy means nothing.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

The Apostle
Doomheim
#369 - 2011-10-02 23:14:55 UTC
Xython wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
(Did they forget that 90% of the ice being mined in empire is by 0.0 alts for use in 0.0?)

That's a fascinating statement. Where, pray tell, did you get this magical database of all the 0.0 players and their alt names? Did you do a standard Excel run to get the 90% figure?

Oh, wait, you're talking out of your A... postle again.

Dude. You're a Goon.

If I had said 10% or 17.77761543231% of ice you woulda whined. So just like your random dribble, I thought I'd throw a random one in as well.

But hey, I am getting off on how you Goons jump all over me. Almost as good as tears in local.

Keep up the good work.

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#370 - 2011-10-02 23:26:42 UTC
apostle: What exactly is your problem with all this? Something is happening in eve, which is always better than nothing.

Considering your sig...
The Apostle
Doomheim
#371 - 2011-10-02 23:34:10 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Large Collidable Object wrote:
apostle: What exactly is your problem with all this? Something is happening in eve, which is always better than nothing.

Considering your sig...

Actually dude, I've said it's a good thing. Bad for 0.0 and no issue for empire (unless they're dumb)...

I know, I know, it's a bit hard to see with all the posts around it.

As for Goons and bots, I just like giving Goons some flak for their hypocrisy, particularly now. Love me or hate me for it, they take exception to it and that suits me fine.

+1 - lol'd at link though. Is it for sale? Lol

Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#372 - 2011-10-02 23:38:20 UTC
Meanwhile in Chelien,

DOUBLE KILL

Seriously don't stand too close to each other. Bad things will happen, m'kay?
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#373 - 2011-10-02 23:48:12 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
A few mackinaws being blown up isn't something people will tell tales about years from now.

At least it's more interesting than another hulkageddon.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#374 - 2011-10-02 23:48:17 UTC
some pubbie in misneden thought he was going to be clever by pulling concord to the belt before mining

snuck up on him in a viator, hit warp, then pulled concord while I was in warp

the clever ones are the most fun to kill, its a lot of fun being a raptor and swooping down on the little fieldmouse trying to scurry across the field and savaging him within sight of safety

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Dramaticus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#375 - 2011-10-02 23:50:51 UTC
THE BOMBINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES Shocked

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#376 - 2011-10-02 23:51:41 UTC
lol as seen in local

Quote:
The Mittani > I'm not sure what we do next, Amarr perhaps

Quote:
The Mittani > whatever we do we'll buy up a ton of it first ;p

man they gave up fast, I was expecting a week or two easy

Yes

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#377 - 2011-10-02 23:55:29 UTC
i think "man this is such a smashing success we're already contemplating which one we do next" is sort of the opposite of giving up

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#378 - 2011-10-02 23:57:05 UTC
The Apostle wrote:

Actually dude, I've said it's a good thing. Bad for 0.0 and no issue for empire (unless they're dumb)...

I know, I know, it's a bit hard to see with all the posts around it.

As for Goons and bots, I just like giving Goons some flak for their hypocrisy, particularly now. Love me or hate me for it, they take exception to it and that suits me fine.

+1 - lol'd at link though. Is it for sale? Lol

Sorry then - I must admit i haven't read the thread entirely - it just looked like you were really getting worked about this.

Concerning goons claiming to fight botting - well that's plain, simple machiavelism - mittens is admittedly quite good at it (often too good, which renders things boring).
Bots will always be part of the game - getting all worked up about them is just a sign you perform tasks a simple script can do as well and thus, lack of creativity (no offense intended). I don't use bots, but I don't mind them.

As for the link - idk, but kangaroo meat was a quite common sight in Austrian supermarkets during the BSE crisis (guess most of it was imported from Australia though ;))
Jita Alt666
#379 - 2011-10-02 23:57:50 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
lol as seen in local

Quote:
The Mittani > I'm not sure what we do next, Amarr perhaps

Quote:
The Mittani > whatever we do we'll buy up a ton of it first ;p

man they gave up fast, I was expecting a week or two easy

I hope you have taken his local spam as gospel and have already invested 50bil+ in the appropriate topes.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#380 - 2011-10-03 00:03:16 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
i think "man this is such a smashing success we're already contemplating which one we do next" is sort of the opposite of giving up

This, really, we're out of targets