These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Carebear region (PVE only region)

Author
L0rdF1end
Boondocks Industrial
Intaki-Business Logistics Union
#21 - 2012-05-16 10:14:09 UTC
Nope, silly idea, interaction is key to the games success. If you go and dump a large portion of the player base into an area which isnt interacting with whose left then you have bascially killed the game.

Eve is harsh, get used to it or move along.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#22 - 2012-05-16 10:55:14 UTC
We need a separate forum for players with below-room-temperature IQs.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#23 - 2012-05-16 10:58:19 UTC
da fuq is this thread?
Dkamanus
Comando Brasil
#24 - 2012-05-16 11:41:57 UTC
I'm a High sec dweller and don't believe there is any need for a totally safe place. It makes you soft, not alert.

Besides, High sec isn't that dangerous if you aren't stupid.
Im Super Gay
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-05-16 12:06:11 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:

In Farenheit, Celcius or Kelvin? Big smile
Raevyn Enderas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-05-16 12:09:58 UTC
Michal Swiostek wrote:
This would create bigger flexibility overall in-game so that current regions would be free of all people complaining about PVP, additionally we could improve game experience for current PVP community without affecting the group that want to sign out of this.

How would restricting the game make it more flexible? I think you are trolling us. Think about this statement "I think everyone should be sterilized so that we can have more kids running around" You at least covered yours in a load of manure and honey, I on the other hand give not one space**** about it! P

Another poster had suggested that you go play on the Singularity server. I think that is exactly what you need. There is only pvp by consent and you have all kinds of items in stock. What's best is it is exactly what you want. It is a separate server, where you can PVE your head off. Oh and I think if you help on the server you get bonus SP, that will make it more like the other theme park mmos when you level up! You could just give up and realize that EVE online is not the game for you. There is no shame in it, just contract all your items to me in any trade hub and I will see that they are given proper homes to people who want to enjoy the game.
Raevyn Enderas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-05-16 12:11:47 UTC
Im Super Gay wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

In Farenheit, Celcius or Kelvin? Big smile

One for each. The celcius group will require a special sesame street "shapes and colors" keyboard.
Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-05-16 13:52:08 UTC
We already have what you want. Just go to any Rookie System. Griefing is illegal there, so you'll be safe. Also, large mining ops with Orcas and Hulls are illegal, as you're technically stealing the ore faster than the newbies can mine it.

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Vinn Kelsier
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-05-16 15:18:10 UTC
I would camp the ever-loving crap out of that gate and/or system. Please make the pipe go through null so that I can use bubbles as well.

Vinn

PVP is a good thing, it teaches the naive or immature that loss is a fact of life and how we deal with that loss is important. Who would have thought that all those griefers were actually helping to build character in others.
Tifin'a Ach'ing
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-05-16 15:22:53 UTC
Vinn Kelsier wrote:
I would camp the ever-loving crap out of that gate and/or system. Please make the pipe go through null so that I can use bubbles as well.

Vinn

PVP is a good thing, it teaches the naive or immature that loss is a fact of life and how we deal with that loss is important. Who would have thought that all those griefers were actually helping to build character in others.

+1 Totally agree

It is time to take the teet out of the mouth of the nanny state and send them out into the world a more mature and character rich player!
Fred Lodenstane
Lizard Ltd
#31 - 2012-05-16 15:31:45 UTC
Pretty sure more than half the player base would quit if this ever happened. It's a bad idea that kills what sets Eve apart from other MMO's.
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#32 - 2012-05-16 16:10:57 UTC
carebear region? You mean highsec?

srs, Op is trolling. If he think he is not, well he is still trolling by accident.

4/10 for people responding

/thread
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#33 - 2012-05-16 16:25:28 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
carebear region? You mean highsec?

srs, Op is trolling. If he think he is not, well he is still trolling by accident.

4/10 for people responding

/thread

You'd hope that he was trolling, but honestly after having spoken to quite a few of the players I've killed in Eve I've come to accept that almost any kind of mentality is possible.

I think by now I've seen pretty much everything, from players who want a seperate PvE shard on this single shard universe to players who believe hulks should have covert ops cloaks and be able to move around via black ops.

All from players who proclaim to be attracted to Eve because of its high skill requirements and genuine in game consequences. Its amazing really.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Michal Swiostek
Zero Reps Given
Pandemic Horde
#34 - 2012-05-16 20:33:25 UTC
Fred Lodenstane wrote:
Pretty sure more than half the player base would quit if this ever happened. It's a bad idea that kills what sets Eve apart from other MMO's.

I wonder if you will quit once a different player style of DUST514 will join EVE universe?

On the same principle why shouldn't CCP pursuit different avenues of gaining new players?

@Simi Kusoni - exactly my point there are many various player styles yet not everyone are looked after in the same way.

Again and again reading the forums and see the same people with single answer NO to pretty much everything with the only explanation being 'its not EVE', well I hate to brake the news to you guys, DUST 514 is not EVE as well, but its going to happen no matter if you like it or not
The topic was meant to find good (if there are any) and bad sides of the idea

@Vinn Kelsier - excellent idea and exactly what I propose, lets make it so that people interact
Tomcio FromFarAway
Singularity's Edge
#35 - 2012-05-16 21:02:07 UTC
Why is it good :
What?

Why is it bad :
- trying to introduce something that is in opposition to the core concept, upon which the game is built can can only go wrong
- every activity in this game should involve possible player versus player action ( core concept )
- this game is about competing with other people NOT A.I constructs ( core concept )
- what would be the point of playing this game (Multiplayer) if the only thing you want to do is pve (Singleplayer)
- you can already do a lot of pve and in most cases it doesn't involve any pvp
- you want pure pve enviroment then go to SISI
- there's already a lot of pve oriented MMO's and this is NOT one of them

Every game is based on a certain concept. The concept for EvE is : PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER, SINGLE SHARD ENVIROMENT.
You cant expect the game to be changed in it's very core and still be the same game. Do it and EvE as we know it is dead and you are left with another totally meaningless, utterly pointless and strictly commercialized MMO ( like most of them ).
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2012-05-16 21:20:36 UTC
Michal Swiostek wrote:
Fred Lodenstane wrote:

I wonder if you will quit once a different player style of DUST514 will join EVE universe?

On the same principle why shouldn't CCP pursuit different avenues of gaining new players?

@Simi Kusoni - exactly my point there are many various player styles yet not everyone are looked after in the same way.

Again and again reading the forums and see the same people with single answer NO to pretty much everything with the only explanation being 'its not EVE', well I hate to brake the news to you guys, DUST 514 is not EVE as well, but its going to happen no matter if you like it or not

@Vinn Kelsier - excellent idea and exactly what I propose, lets make it so that people interact

psst, dust is a different game entirely. dust does not involve sharding EVE, turning it into hello kitty online and wondering where the playerbase went.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#37 - 2012-05-16 21:34:38 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Michal Swiostek wrote:
Fred Lodenstane wrote:

psst, dust is a different game entirely. dust does not involve sharding EVE, turning it into hello kitty online and wondering where the playerbase went.

As the CEO of Eve's very own hello kitty fanclub I resent any association between that glorious game and the OP.

Fred Lodenstane
Lizard Ltd
#38 - 2012-05-17 15:56:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Fred Lodenstane
Quote:

I won't stop playing Eve just because people are bad at this game, I'll stop playing because the character of Eve changes. That open sandbox where anything goes is what so many people in here are defending here, and it is what makes Eve unique from so many MMO's out there. CCP is not willing at the moment to accommodate any changes that deviate from this game design philosophy either, even though they know it will turn away a lot of potential players. CCP is fine with having a niche game. You should just give up on this crazy idea now before someone on these forums decides to use locator agents to hunt you down in game for being stubborn. Heck I might do this.
Previous page12