These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Goonswarm: They are doing something with Ice and Oxytopes

First post
Author
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#341 - 2011-10-02 22:13:26 UTC
Never not post

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

The Apostle
Doomheim
#342 - 2011-10-02 22:27:26 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
As fast as I click... Response... byy.. (drum roll) The Mittani.

Good to see you came out of your closet long enough to write SOMETHING?!

Whatever it was. lolz.

Easily goaded.

Get out.

Why would a kissGoon be in an NPC corp for nearly 9 months?

And which part of lag do you want fixed? The loading of ice roids?

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#343 - 2011-10-02 22:27:37 UTC
Lets see some remote repped buffertanked hulks in ice drilling action so that the goons get something lil more challenging to do.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Vesago
Doomheim
#344 - 2011-10-02 22:27:42 UTC
All of this is pretty unnecessary. If goonsquad wants to kill macks, dont mine ice. Do something else, like read this impossibly long thread. PvE maybe. Build a Brutix or 5... Go watch football. Maybe try talking to a real girl (this may involve exposure to direct sunlight... use caution.).

If the game was to break somehow, CCP will do something... maybe... but the fact is, no one mines ice because its exciting or even modestly entertaining. Maybe you have great talks in local, but its not exactly riveting game content. Shouting about fairness and sandboxes is all just a bunch of BS cause your mad someone blew up some ISK.

News flash : Destroying ISK makes CCP happy. So avoid the goonsquad and test until it is done if you dont want to get involved in PVP, but dont ***** about economic this or that, its a waste of time.

If your not enjoying the game in Gallente space, there is a lot more space out there to fly in. Goons and everyone else in the game are here to have fun. They have modified thier game to have fun, maybe now you all should too.

Just FYI, i occasionally mine ice in Aydoteaux, but I'm actually having fun watching this happen.
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#345 - 2011-10-02 22:30:06 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Why would a kissGoon be in an NPC corp for nearly 9 months?

And which part of lag do you want fixed? The loading of ice roids?

You mad.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#346 - 2011-10-02 22:30:13 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Lets see some remote repped buffertanked hulks in ice drilling action so that the goons get something lil more challenging to do.

Remote repping a Hulk just means that a Brutix can't kill it. That's just fine because a lot of people suicide them with alpha Tempests anyway.

I approve of all Goon activities. Make high sec eat the eggs tbh.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#347 - 2011-10-02 22:33:29 UTC
Dirk Magnum wrote:
Grey Stormshadow wrote:

Remote repping a Hulk just means that a Brutix can't kill it. That's just fine because a lot of people suicide them with alpha Tempests anyway.

I approve of all Goon activities. Make high sec eat the eggs tbh.

Alpha tempest wont get even close... and in 0.7 system it basically get 1 shot with artys.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#348 - 2011-10-02 22:33:36 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:

It's actually been highly entertaining to watch the more persistent miners try to adapt by using remote reps or whatever; it gives us a more challenging target and means we use more than just Brutixes to take them out. But they die, inevitably.

Producers: Please make more Brutixes in Jita and Amarr. I suspect the daily number of Brutixes used will be escalating indefinitely.

~hi~

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#349 - 2011-10-02 22:34:08 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:

we're seeing these, unfortunately for them all the softer targets are already dead so bored goons are taking them down

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#350 - 2011-10-02 22:40:06 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
Grey Stormshadow wrote:

It's actually been highly entertaining to watch the more persistent miners try to adapt by using remote reps or whatever; it gives us a more challenging target and means we use more than just Brutixes to take them out. But they die, inevitably.

Producers: Please make more Brutixes in Jita and Amarr. I suspect the daily number of Brutixes used will be escalating indefinitely.

True ice miner doesn't give up as long there is ice in the field and bookmark to warp to -mr pod

The Apostle
Doomheim
#351 - 2011-10-02 22:44:13 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Quote:
If the game was to break somehow, CCP will do something... maybe... but the fact is, no one mines ice because its exciting or even modestly entertaining. Shouting about fairness and sandboxes is all just a bunch of BS cause your mad someone blew up some ISK.

Actually, if you're smart, go do ice mining elsewhere. There may well be a shift to other iso's as tower factions are changed.

For mine, Mittens Mindless Marauders isn't hurting high-sec at all except for a few stupid Oxy drillers. If anyone is going to get caught up in this, it's quite possibly a big chunk of 0.0 Isk-printing machines. A good thing.

Oh. Everyone that is except the Russians.

/me races for tinfoil hat...

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Ntrails
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#352 - 2011-10-02 22:49:03 UTC
Vesago wrote:

News flash : Destroying ISK makes CCP happy. So avoid the goonsquad and test until it is done if you dont want to get involved in PVP, but dont ***** about economic this or that, its a waste of time.

News flash: you are an idiot.

A ship exploding is not an isk sink, but a faucet. Since no actual isk goes into the manufacture of the ship or its modules, and all items used to create it came from LP/Mining/Whatever. When it goes boom, isk is added to the economy.

This is nothing compared to the 24/7 ratting bots that infest our honourable space though, so really who gives a ****?

Ntrails
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#353 - 2011-10-02 22:52:27 UTC
as an aside I really wish I was a retired man of independent means living in a house I bought in cash so I had time to have fun playing a terrible spaceship game right now.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#354 - 2011-10-02 22:53:17 UTC
Ntrails wrote:
Vesago wrote:

A ship exploding is not an isk sink, but a faucet. Since no actual isk goes into the manufacture of the ship or its modules, and all items used to create it came from LP/Mining/Whatever. When it goes boom, isk is added to the economy.

This is nothing compared to the 24/7 ratting bots that infest our honourable space though, so really who gives a ****?

Ooooh Mr Rails, chill out man.

He said CCP likes ISK destroyed. i.e. broken ships.

And you guys DO NOT run bots 24/7.. Sheesh....

It's 23.5/7

But we'll never actually know 'cos you'll never report them.

The Apostle
Doomheim
#355 - 2011-10-02 22:54:08 UTC
Ntrails wrote:
as an aside I really wish I was a retired man of independent means living in a house I bought in cash so I had time to have fun playing a terrible spaceship game right now.

Yeah. You all try to emulate Mittens hey?

Vesago
Doomheim
#356 - 2011-10-02 22:54:11 UTC
Ntrails wrote:
Vesago wrote:

Funny, but miners build this stuff, and other players buy plexes to replace thier lost ships. Miners buy the plexes to pay for thier accounts. Ships blow up... CCP wins
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#357 - 2011-10-02 22:57:53 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Ntrails wrote:
Vesago wrote:

Ooooh Mr Rails, chill out man.

He said CCP likes ISK destroyed. i.e. broken ships.

And you guys DO NOT run bots 24/7.. Sheesh....

It's 23.5/7

But we'll never actually know 'cos you'll never report them.

So go report the bots?

I mean, you seem to really hate them, so why don't you go do it?
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#358 - 2011-10-02 22:58:51 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
(Did they forget that 90% of the ice being mined in empire is by 0.0 alts for use in 0.0?)

That's a fascinating statement. Where, pray tell, did you get this magical database of all the 0.0 players and their alt names? Did you do a standard Excel run to get the 90% figure?

Oh, wait, you're talking out of your A... postle again.

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#359 - 2011-10-02 22:59:56 UTC
Wot I Think wrote:
Bane Necran wrote:
A few mackinaws being blown up isn't something people will tell tales about years from now.

Goons have such bloated self importance they could all simultaneously fart on vent and think it's a monumental moment which will be spoken of for hundreds of years.

The only thing goons will really be remembered for is disbanding BoB, and that wasn't even something they did personally.

The tart from goons has more likes than you do.

What do you make of that?

makes me think likes mean ****

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Peyerate
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#360 - 2011-10-02 23:00:06 UTC
If I had one Oxygen Isotope for every tear in this thread, I would be a rich man.

I'll definitely be voting for Mittani again!