These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Wormhole "Traffic Control" collapses WHs without traveling through them

Author
Gress Enka
Venture into the unknown
#21 - 2012-05-12 16:57:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Gress Enka
Jita Bloodtear wrote:

Are you suggesting that a GM would be wrong about a simple game mechanic,

Errm. When it comes to whs and Gms , that might be a plausible explenationShocked
Sola Mercury
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-05-12 17:07:21 UTC
Kakkori Mekk wrote:
We had this happen a few days ago when closing a C2->C2 wormhole. We opened the hole ourselves and only had a covops go through and back. The hole should have 2,000,000,000 mass limit. We use orcas to close and we usually go like this:

2 orcas through and back: 1,000,000,00 mass
wait 4 minutes
2 orcas through: 1,500,000,000 mass
1 orca back with mwd on: 1,800,000,000 mass
last orca back with mwd on: 2,100,000,000 mass, and the wormhole collapses.

This has NEVER been a problem before, until I got that message a few days ago and one orca got stuck on the wrong side. I probed it out so it was no biggie, but it was clearly a bug. I have done miscalculations before and it always brings you the "The wormhole has collapsed" message when you cannot go through, never the traffic control one. It definitely seems that the mass calculation for the hole thinks the ship went through, but traffic control doesn't let you. This was a first time for me, and I really want to have it confirmed and fixed, or I definitely will stop using orcas to close wormholes..

Wh mass limits are not set in stone. They may vary. A 2bil Wh collapsing at 1.8bil is not a bug
Kakkori Mekk
Sug min Kruul
#23 - 2012-05-13 07:13:23 UTC
I am well aware of that. But that error message has always been "the wormhole has collapsed". That indicates that something else is going on here, that seems to be the same thing as the OP is talking about.
Sola Mercury
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-05-13 19:05:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Sola Mercury
Kakkori Mekk wrote:
I am well aware of that. But that error message has always been "the wormhole has collapsed". That indicates that something else is going on here, that seems to be the same thing as the OP is talking about.

You get trafic control messages when jumping more than one ship at the same time. All those who dont fit through get that message.
Coolsmoke
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-05-13 23:46:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Coolsmoke
If you want to be more certain, use 5 orca in/out jumps then switch to a plated Devoter. 3-4 WDFG on, jump in with frigate mass. Jump back with AB on instead, almost a BS mass.

It's worth pointing out once more that a wh never has exactly "X" mass allowance. There appears to be a +/- deviation of up to about 10%.

What really ticks me off is when I jump an Orca through our C3 static at 50% mass, and the hole pops...
Aidamina Omen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-05-14 13:01:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Aidamina Omen
Due to the recent (Crucible 1.1) changes to wormholes it takes a while for changes in mass to propagate to clients. This is causing the behavior you are experiencing. We have seen delays of up to 30 seconds between jumps being done and mass being updated. If you are playing with wormhole mass its important to give it some time between jumps, otherwise you may not notice that a wormhole's state has changed.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#27 - 2012-05-16 03:39:11 UTC
Kakkori Mekk wrote:
We had this happen a few days ago when closing a C2->C2 wormhole. We opened the hole ourselves and only had a covops go through and back. The hole should have 2,000,000,000 mass limit. We use orcas to close and we usually go like this:

2 orcas through and back: 1,000,000,00 mass
wait 4 minutes
2 orcas through: 1,500,000,000 mass
1 orca back with mwd on: 1,800,000,000 mass
last orca back with mwd on: 2,100,000,000 mass, and the wormhole collapses.

This has NEVER been a problem before, until I got that message a few days ago and one orca got stuck on the wrong side. I probed it out so it was no biggie, but it was clearly a bug. I have done miscalculations before and it always brings you the "The wormhole has collapsed" message when you cannot go through, never the traffic control one. It definitely seems that the mass calculation for the hole thinks the ship went through, but traffic control doesn't let you. This was a first time for me, and I really want to have it confirmed and fixed, or I definitely will stop using orcas to close wormholes..

Wormhole mass can range from + - 10%. You got hit with the smallest mass.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#28 - 2012-05-16 04:34:09 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
Wormhole mass can range from + - 10%. You got hit with the smallest mass.

I only put one Orca through with the MWD on, for this reason. If it's a fat connection and still up when you're through, use a HIC to close it.

http://www.wormholes.info

Nendail Smith
Lockheed Nighthawk
#29 - 2012-05-17 20:26:17 UTC
Jita Bloodtear wrote:
Okay, so this will make some of you feel much better. The GMs see no problem, everything is working as intended.

Typical response in reference to WH issues.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
#30 - 2012-05-17 20:35:09 UTC
Just happened to us yesterday. Loads of fun!

No trolling please

Previous page12