These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Navigation Problems

Author
Eso Es
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-05-15 15:37:52 UTC
Have gotten no reply in tech support, maybe someone here has an answer:

I've been having a problem recently duelboxing my characters. I run a remote rep setup, and as such, I always keep my 2 accounts orbiting eachother at 1k. HOWEVER, recently I've had massive problems getting them to obey these commands. I very clearly tell each character to orbit the other, I dont click in space to move them, all I do is broadcast targets within the fleet, lock, and shoot. THe problem Im having, is that at some point, one of the characters inevitably decides to just fly in a random direction, I go to rep the other character and realize that im 20k from the other guy even though I definately NEVER clicked in space, and told them to orbit eachother. Ive been having this problem for about a month, and after the recent loss of a Drake to a null rat due to not realizing how far he was from the reps that he was supposed to be receiving, Ive decided to post here and look for a solution to this problem.

The problem also extends to the approach command. Ill tell a ship to approach a wreck, or antoher character, and a few minutes later hes pointed in a completely differnt direction.
Eso Es
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-05-16 03:42:53 UTC
wtf?
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-05-16 03:44:05 UTC
Why would you be fighting your alts? What?

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#4 - 2012-05-16 03:46:01 UTC
Eso Es wrote:
I've been having a problem recently duelboxing my characters.

Is this like some kind of Rock'em Sock'em Robots thing?

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-05-16 03:47:40 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
Eso Es wrote:
I've been having a problem recently duelboxing my characters.

Is this like some kind of Rock'em Sock'em Robots thing?

o/\o

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Internet Lawyer Steve
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-05-16 03:49:34 UTC
Best thread of the night.

Internet Lawyer Steve and Associates,

Bringing Justice to New Eden, One post at a time...

Eso Es
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-05-16 03:59:05 UTC
Truly fantastic replies, thanks for wasting mine and everyone else's time. Anyone care to not be a deuche and have something constructive to say?
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#8 - 2012-05-16 04:00:42 UTC
Eso Es wrote:
Anyone care to not be a deuche and have something constructive to say?

Sorry, I don't speak German (and you spelled Deutsche wrong too...)

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Zoe Athame
Don't Lose Your Way
#9 - 2012-05-16 04:01:53 UTC
Eso Es wrote:
Truly fantastic replies, thanks for wasting mine and everyone else's time. Anyone care to not be a deuche and have something constructive to say?

I'm pretty sure there are laws against this sort of thing. Human rights and all that. I won't support illegal alt fighting.
Smodab Ongalot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-05-16 04:08:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Smodab Ongalot
You have worn out the left button on your mouse and it is causing you to unintentionally double click items on your overview when you try to select them.

You probably have a Logitech and it will still be under warranty. Return it and problem solved.

It's spelled "douche".
Torneach
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-05-16 04:12:07 UTC
You know, there are these things called "other people".

You can form fleets with them, and I promise that they'll only fly off in random directions when drunk.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-05-16 04:39:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
Torneach wrote:
You know, there are these things called "other people".

You can form fleets with them, and I promise that they'll only fly off in random directions when drunk.

I've warped off to the wrong gate when I was sober.... P

Zoe Athame wrote:

I'm pretty sure there are laws against this sort of thing. Human rights and all that. I won't support illegal alt fighting.

They have clones....

Tinnin Sylph
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-05-16 06:14:15 UTC
Confirming that your mouse is broken, not EVE.

Heh.

Potrondal Morrison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-05-16 06:20:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Potrondal Morrison
When domestic cats get unhappy with a family that have adopted them, they decided to wander off and never come back, with this in mind it seems your alt thinks you are a tosser and is simply trying to get away....and who can blame him?
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#15 - 2012-05-16 10:29:16 UTC
Potrondal Morrison wrote:
When domestic cats get unhappy with a family that have adopted them, they decided to wander off and never come back, with this in mind it seems your alt thinks you are a tosser and is simply trying to get away....and who can blame him?

He's running away and buggering off, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#16 - 2012-05-16 12:53:22 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
Potrondal Morrison wrote:

He's running away and buggering off, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin

It's not running away, it's a strategic withdrawal.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-05-16 13:05:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
You lost a drake to a Null rat ?????
Umm perhaps it is time to revisit your setup.

IF you are using a logistics as a secondary there are several ships out there that can do A LOT more DPS then a drake and could actually take advantage of a logistics playing repper.

IF you are really stuck on drakes then even 2 drakes would be a better option then one drake one logistics.

As far as the ship going in random directions, it sounds like you are having connection Issues.
THere is also a thread called Clients randomly Shutting down that you should look at, it could be related.
Eso Es
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-05-16 14:25:41 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
You lost a drake to a Null rat ?????
Umm perhaps it is time to revisit your setup.

IF you are using a logistics as a secondary there are several ships out there that can do A LOT more DPS then a drake and could actually take advantage of a logistics playing repper.

IF you are really stuck on drakes then even 2 drakes would be a better option then one drake one logistics.

As far as the ship going in random directions, it sounds like you are having connection Issues.
THere is also a thread called Clients randomly Shutting down that you should look at, it could be related.

Yea theyre both in Drakes, working towards other stuff but my chars are 2 months old, patience, patience :P