These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE is getting expensive

Author
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#61 - 2012-05-15 02:45:09 UTC
ModeratedToSilence wrote:
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Not everyone has CCP on their side that refuses to tech nerf which "happens"to be a bottleneck and "happens" to be in only few regions that "happens" to be controlled by goons.

Goons without tech would be more interesting. They would have to play the game the way the rest of us do.

Giving goons credit is embarrassing, for the last 24 months however, they have been advocating a Tech nerf.

yes we have

the point is to get pubbies to be against a tech nerf because it's the ~goon agenda~

oops

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Acac Sunflyier
The Ascended Academy
#62 - 2012-05-15 02:56:12 UTC
tbh, i'm probably just going to make my isk in dust and send it to my eve character.
Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2012-05-15 03:50:45 UTC
I'm rich so I don't care

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#64 - 2012-05-15 04:44:03 UTC
Katarina Reid wrote:
EVE is getting expensive. Datacores going up making T2 cost more. Minerals making t1 go up. Tech cartel making T2 go up. CCP's new mods being bpc drops making sure they cost alot more. Its funney they are making a war expansion but no one can afford to lose a ship. Should i continue to wait out the high prices or just play with ships i have to grind longer for?

It's called "the end of stupid ship loss".

Fly smarter not harder.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#65 - 2012-05-15 06:52:57 UTC
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Lipbite wrote:
I didn't login for 7 months and upon returning found some ship prices inflated by 60% (obelisk: 680m => 1100m). Game becomes less suitable for casual hi-sec players whos income isn't based on interactions with other players - i.e. missioners.

Oh yeah as if you need trillions isk for your expenses if you just intend to casually log in in hi sec.

Hardcore freightering action ~

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#66 - 2012-05-15 06:53:58 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Not everyone has CCP on their side that refuses to tech nerf which "happens"to be a bottleneck and "happens" to be in only few regions that "happens" to be controlled by goons.

Goons without tech would be more interesting. They would have to play the game the way the rest of us do.

Giving goons credit is embarrassing, for the last 24 months however, they have been advocating a Tech nerf.

yes we have

the point is to get pubbies to be against a tech nerf because it's the ~goon agenda~oops

PL, NC., Ev0ke and the rest might be interested in talking with you about them being goons ...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#67 - 2012-05-15 06:55:41 UTC
Making Isk is easier than ever, go make some isk.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#68 - 2012-05-15 06:57:23 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
PL, NC., Ev0ke and the rest might be interested in talking with you about them being goons ...

you haven't seen the rampant conspiracy theories around our support of a tech nerf have you

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#69 - 2012-05-15 07:19:55 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

you haven't seen the rampant conspiracy theories around our support of a tech nerf have you

Ahh, I love the goon conspiracy theories you get popping up on these forums.

I swear if high sec miners put half the creativity they put into coming up with goon conspiracy theories, into actually going through with conspiracies of their own, then they'd be the most powerful force in Eve.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#70 - 2012-05-15 07:27:04 UTC
Quote:
Ship loss should have meaning!

Quote:
Ships are too expensive!

sigh
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#71 - 2012-05-15 07:30:36 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Quote:
Ship loss should have meaning!

Quote:
Ships are too expensive!

sigh

Wow, quoting the opinions of two different people, to show that they differ. There was much point to this post.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#72 - 2012-05-15 07:38:44 UTC
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:

Advocating is just for show. Do you see any nerf coming this expansion ???
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#73 - 2012-05-15 07:43:29 UTC
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:

Advocating is just for show. Do you see any nerf coming this expansion ???

the more sensible players (i.e. those who don't hide behind NPC alts) believe that the tech nerf needs to be accomplished in a way that doesn't simply make another moon mineral the new bottleneck

personally I feel that ytterbium's ship balancing thing should lead to the currently underused T2 hulls (i.e. those that are not amarr/minmatar) being viable PvP platforms, allowing for T2 production to be reworked to depend on racial moon minerals to produce components for individual racial T2 hulls, balancing the demand for racial R32 minerals

basically death2bottlenecks

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#74 - 2012-05-15 09:49:19 UTC
This is not a theme park mmo, fly T1 ships.

The Tears Must Flow

Spurty
#75 - 2012-05-15 10:28:48 UTC
It's a game. Games are fun when all players agree on the rules.
Rules agreed on. Game on!

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Didier Nardieu
Tux factory
#76 - 2012-05-15 12:40:58 UTC
High price less gank ! its better for us.. too much players think their ships are kleenex !Big smile
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2012-05-15 12:47:12 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
EVE is getting expensive. Datacores going up making T2 cost more. Minerals making t1 go up. Tech cartel making T2 go up. CCP's new mods being bpc drops making sure they cost alot more. Its funney they are making a war expansion but no one can afford to lose a ship. Should i continue to wait out the high prices or just play with ships i have to grind longer for?

It's called "the end of stupid ship loss".

Fly smarter not harder.

You can't have meaningful wars without *someone* losing their ships, no matter how hard or smart they're flying.
Shame they never got around to buffing T1 cruisers, now would be their time to shine.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2012-05-15 12:48:56 UTC
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Sister Rhode wrote:
You mean to say your alliance/corp doesn't reimburse your pvp ships?

Jeese, that must suck.

Didn't Goons lose all their moons a while back? And then took them back again later?
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#79 - 2012-05-15 13:13:16 UTC
The biggest issue I see with price inflation is it creates a barrier for entry for newer entities vs older, more established ones which already have a few hundred billion (or trillion) in ships and assets.

There are of course some strategies to compete; stealth bomber wings used against Tier 3 / Battleship gangs, but ultimately it's going to come down to conventional warfare where the change in situations means that one group has become embedded, where as the other has had a penalty placed upon them.

The same goes for new players wanting to try new parts of the game; with even T1 cruisers costing more, and god forbid a level 3 missioning battlecruiser, I don't see how runaway inflation is positive.
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#80 - 2012-05-15 15:37:28 UTC
Selinate wrote:
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
EVE is getting expensive

Good.

This will combat game inflation.

No... it won't... it's not an isk sink...

Give it up Selinate. People have been trying and failing to beat that through thick heads for 9 years.