These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

so... more wormhole systems?

Author
Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-05-11 09:25:22 UTC
Qui Shon wrote:
Apolyon I wrote:
terrible idea is terrible


Terrible poasting is terrible, as the posts you quoted had no ideas.

Jekto Altaris wrote:
And if you thought that, how can you get angry with people making remarks about you just scanning your own hole and making carebear insinuations?


Who's angry? Where am I angry? In this thread I mean.


Has Eve forums always been this ****?
Maybe it's nostalgia but I have this feeling it wasn't quite as bad a few years ago.

Nope, things are better now. It is you who is worse (looking for an excuse to be a miserable c*nt no doubt)

Oh, and your idea IS terrible but I assume that you'll never concede it regardless of how many people inform you likewise.
Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#42 - 2012-05-11 14:06:02 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Coolsmoke wrote:
Why on earth would I go to a C4? I think some delicate balancing needs doing there, to improve the rate of migration.


I agree. Having lived in a C4 for two years before my current system, C4s need a touch of loving. They are some of the "deepest" systems (since, unlike C5/C6s, they never connect to K-space, ever), their sites don't return enough rewards to be worth the time (unless you're a triple-boxing fanatic), and there isn't enough traffic for regular PVP.

Among the suggestions I've heard are double statics for C4s, which might make them more traveled routes.


But would making them double-static also make them more habitated wormholes I wonder.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#43 - 2012-05-11 14:15:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Sleepers killing POSes is a ridiculous idea. EVE is not a game where you fight your wars against npcs. Killing a POS is the players' job.

And scanning did not get easier with recent changes, it's exactly the same as before. It only got slightly less time-consuming which is not the same. And that it takes less time is very good because the way to find targets in w-space is to scan and map systems. Lots of systems. This should not take hours for people who know how it's done. Someone thinking that scanning is too fast probably only ever sits in his own system and scans his own few signatures.


It took away player skill. Veteran scanners are now only marginally more efficient then a random noob that just read a tutorial. People thinking this was a good change, generally fall into the latter category, or are just lazy vets too stupid to understand that in the end these improvements in convenience work against them.

Proof for this can be seen in high-sec exploration. After the 'alt' update, the amount of explorers completely exploded and while everyone agreed it make scanning a lot less annoying, in the end it didn't compare to the fact that almost every site in populated areas had to be competed for.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#44 - 2012-05-11 18:53:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Apolyon I
Tobiaz wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Sleepers killing POSes is a ridiculous idea. EVE is not a game where you fight your wars against npcs. Killing a POS is the players' job.

And scanning did not get easier with recent changes, it's exactly the same as before. It only got slightly less time-consuming which is not the same. And that it takes less time is very good because the way to find targets in w-space is to scan and map systems. Lots of systems. This should not take hours for people who know how it's done. Someone thinking that scanning is too fast probably only ever sits in his own system and scans his own few signatures.


It took away player skill. Veteran scanners are now only marginally more efficient then a random noob that just read a tutorial. People thinking this was a good change, generally fall into the latter category, or are just lazy vets too stupid to understand that in the end these improvements in convenience work against them.

Proof for this can be seen in high-sec exploration. After the 'alt' update, the amount of explorers completely exploded and while everyone agreed it make scanning a lot less annoying, in the end it didn't compare to the fact that almost every site in populated areas had to be competed for.

I dont see sitting there dragging probes for hours is skilled.Either vet or noob, both don't want to sit there look at the black screen for hours. the fast we scan, the more wh we can scan, the more chance of pew we have.

I dont see a problem with current system, I have covert 5, lv4 support skill and all faction, still need 0.25AU probe to scan down hard signature
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#45 - 2012-05-11 21:16:05 UTC
Practiced scanners could do the dragging of the probes before the 'alt' update much faster then untrained scanners. Just because someone thinks stuff is too tedious doesn't automatically make it better for the game to 'fix' that. Convenience can be devastating for opportunities to take advantage of player skill.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Coolsmoke
State War Academy
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-05-11 21:22:42 UTC
Take a step back here guys.

W-Space is about scanning. Scan to find, scan to protect.

If you're not spamming directional or a plinking a DSP, you're wide open to attack.

If your scan skills are lacking, you'll grow old nailing 45 sigs in the untouched-for-2-weeks C3 you've just opened into.

Yes, it can be mind-numbing. Yes, it's a PITA. But there are methods and tricks to help that. If you don't know them - find them.

Nullsec is all about intel channels and red/neut/blue.

W-space is all about probes and cloaks. There are no gates, no points of reference apart from planets, moons and your POS if you have one, and no local. W-space was designed that way, and that's the way we, who live here, like it.

A lot of it is still empty and open for the brave. There doesn't need to be any more of it.

PS - IMHO Apocrypha, w-space and T3's represent CCP's greatest concept since the game was launched.

PPS - Sleepers attacking POS? Sorry, but this is a player-controlled game. NPC's are and always have to be dumb because they are secondary to the cause. Would be nice though:)
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#47 - 2012-05-11 22:50:28 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:

what other kind of game is there where you can choose to play with or against other people or against the AI while also enjoying character development and the accumulation of wealth?


It was called Dark Souls and it was pretty good. That's not really what an MMO is for, though, note the second M.
Qui Shon
Capital Construction Research
#48 - 2012-05-12 21:31:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Qui Shon
Frau Leinsmarch wrote:
If anything, I would like to see less small corps in WH space & more larger entities. This would change the state of PvP in WH space, moving it further away from ganks & more toward fleet engagements or gang warfare.]


Why don't you live in null then?


Mr Bigwinky wrote:
Oh, and your idea IS terrible


What idea?
Where did I post an "idea"?

This is what I mean with a terribru forum, so many numpties having trouble with reading comprehension.

All I did was ask for something new, something harsh. NPC POS removal services was not an idea I put forward here, instead I noted it wouldn't be enough.

Tobiaz wrote:
Practiced scanners could do the dragging of the probes before the 'alt' update much faster then untrained scanners. Just because someone thinks stuff is too tedious doesn't automatically make it better for the game to 'fix' that. Convenience can be devastating for opportunities to take advantage of player skill.


I'm glad there's some souls out there who get it.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#49 - 2012-05-13 02:17:30 UTC
Frau Leinsmarch wrote:
If anything, I would like to see less small corps in WH space & more larger entities. This would change the state of PvP in WH space, moving it further away from ganks & more toward fleet engagements or gang warfare.

I'd love to see more people organising WH roams, whenever we've come into contact with other people's roams its always been a good fight. Big smile



I hope you're trolling.

If so, then well-played, 8/10!

If serious, then...

...No. Just, no. You've got known-space zerosec for that worn-out, grating crap.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Bernie Nator
BO-LD Tournament Team
Lollipops.
#50 - 2012-05-13 02:25:22 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Frau Leinsmarch wrote:
If anything, I would like to see less small corps in WH space & more larger entities. This would change the state of PvP in WH space, moving it further away from ganks & more toward fleet engagements or gang warfare.

I'd love to see more people organising WH roams, whenever we've come into contact with other people's roams its always been a good fight. Big smile



I hope you're trolling.

If so, then well-played, 8/10!

If serious, then...

...No. Just, no. You've got known-space zerosec for that worn-out, grating crap.

No no, needs more roam fleets having a go of it. Frau hat richtig.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#51 - 2012-05-13 02:42:00 UTC
Bernie Nator wrote:
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Frau Leinsmarch wrote:
If anything, I would like to see less small corps in WH space & more larger entities. This would change the state of PvP in WH space, moving it further away from ganks & more toward fleet engagements or gang warfare.

I'd love to see more people organising WH roams, whenever we've come into contact with other people's roams its always been a good fight. Big smile



I hope you're trolling.

If so, then well-played, 8/10!

If serious, then...

...No. Just, no. You've got known-space zerosec for that worn-out, grating crap.

No no, needs more roam fleets having a go of it. Frau hat richtig.


Small reasonably fast fleets, yes (15-20ish men, maximum).

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#52 - 2012-05-13 04:48:15 UTC
Bernie Nator wrote:
Frau hat richtig.

please don't do this again.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Bernie Nator
BO-LD Tournament Team
Lollipops.
#53 - 2012-05-13 05:03:48 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Bernie Nator wrote:
Frau hat richtig.

please don't do this again.

But I love killing the german language. It's so fun.
Gibbo3771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#54 - 2012-05-13 12:17:19 UTC
Ned Black wrote:
If you want a system then evict the current residents...

What they should do however is to give Sleepers a temper... that is... if you stay in there to long they should start coming after you... and if you cant stand up to them then they should come clense their systems of the unwanted visitors.

How cool wouldent it be to have to sit there POS gunning like crazy and also have every ship you can out on the field to keep your POS alive... or suddenly when you are sitting there camping that hole the sleepers take note and come give you an unwelcome greeting :p It would be hillarious :D


No because the backstory and lore is that sleepers are "Defensive" not aggressive.

So they will never attack unless threatened and not being in there sites with there cans full of loot and anoms full of precious salvage, is not a threat.
Archdaimon
Merchants of the Golden Goose
#55 - 2012-05-13 22:32:27 UTC
For me W-Space is the true frontier of Eve. The wild west where you never know what you are going to find next.

This is the charm of it. Cloaking, scanning fighting. Every new hole is a new exploration.

The more populated W-space is, the less frontier is seems like -

However, I am not sure I'd recommend more systems is a good idea. Enough people are already farming too much with too little pioneering effort.

If anything C4's should get some love and initiatives to revive the frontier spirit, that is anything that obfuscates WH even more.

Maybe have some crazy empty systems with whatever so they can be used as tunnels and fighting grounds but not for farming isk.

Wormholes have the best accoustics. It's known. - Sing it for me -

Duvida
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2012-05-14 01:14:55 UTC
Can Tranquility or the database that CCP uses on Tranquility handle more objects, such as more W-space or even more K-space?

Perhaps we could have the equivalent of C7+ systems... except that if you come out of them insane for 1 year, it's considered all normal business when dealing with that kind of system. P
Qui Shon
Capital Construction Research
#57 - 2012-05-14 20:06:31 UTC
Duvida wrote:
Perhaps we could have the equivalent of C7+ systems... except that if you come out of them insane for 1 year, it's considered all normal business when dealing with that kind of system. P


Hmm, insanity inducing you say.

C7 features:
-System effects change on the fly, whenever. Or never.
-Planets and moons may suddenly disappear, or move with everything in their vicinity, like to 16 000 000 AU's from the sun when you next log in.
-One month it has no exits, nor entries. The next month spawns two for every one you jump through.


Now that'd be a laugh. Or make you insane. Both!
Bernie Nator
BO-LD Tournament Team
Lollipops.
#58 - 2012-05-14 20:16:06 UTC
Qui Shon wrote:
Duvida wrote:
Perhaps we could have the equivalent of C7+ systems... except that if you come out of them insane for 1 year, it's considered all normal business when dealing with that kind of system. P


Hmm, insanity inducing you say.

C7 features:
-System effects change on the fly, whenever. Or never.
-Planets and moons may suddenly disappear, or move with everything in their vicinity, like to 16 000 000 AU's from the sun when you next log in.
-One month it has no exits, nor entries. The next month spawns two for every one you jump through.


Now that'd be a laugh. Or make you insane. Both!

If we're going with "completely insane", why not have multiple types of random weather, changing wormhole mass restrictions as a direct result of proximity to stellar phenomena, Sleepers that are tough enough to compensate for such drastic environmental changes on the fly, and solar systems that have erratic and dynamic moving large objects?
Hathrul
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#59 - 2012-05-15 01:49:19 UTC
my main concern in wh space is the stalemate. though the mass limits are the best thing ever for the space we live in, it does present a problem.

i know my alliance, as well as all the major alliances have so called fortress systems. we got caps growing out of every pos, enough t3's to crash the global market and use bhaalgorns to collapse wormholes because theyre so common its hard to find a T1 battleship. though in general this is good, it allows us to pvp in 2b isk ships on a daily base and for every member, it also kinda gives a problem.

entity one connects to entity 2. both have home field advantage, as both can field 15 dreads and carriers on their side, but can only take 1 to the other side. where good fitting can make a single dread ready to fight 2-3 dreads on opposing side, the numbers are much further apart. so stalemate. neither party readily goes into the others wormhole because they will just get so massively outnumbered that there wont be a fight anymore, just a slaughter.

now this doesnt happen all the time. obviously you need to have enough pilots online that can fly all the caps, and a lot of other things that can change the stalemate. however i have seen it happen too many times. and yes, my side too. recently we dropped about 10 dreadnaught on a wormhole where volta were asking for a fight. they withdrew, we followed, they did the same, wh closed, no fight

what we need is no-mans land. call it class 7. something to fight over. not a system. especially in high class a system itself is worthless, there are plenty of others, and all people that can evict other big entities already got a system. having 2 systems is useless, since reinforcing one home system with people from the others is near impossible due to the restrictions we so dearly love. so please, give us neutral territory. a place where we can fight day after day after day, with all people there having the same limitations over and over again. the prize for winning there? no idea. we make more isk then any other people in the game i think. to the point where we dont care, as long as we can fly our 2b t3's in daily pvp matches and can laugh when our skull gets shot to oblivion.

neutral territory please. made in a way it will always be that. no way to keep fleets there, just fresh, every day, and presenting a challenge every day
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#60 - 2012-05-15 03:50:42 UTC
Hathrul wrote:

neutral territory please. made in a way it will always be that. no way to keep fleets there, just fresh, every day, and presenting a challenge every day


I believe this was an idea Two Step had in his campaign--high-level systems with no moons to anchor POS's.

http://www.wormholes.info