These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

LP spending for isk gain

Author
Canabi
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#1 - 2012-05-15 02:22:04 UTC
So I have approximately 550k LP's saved up and I'm wanting to get rid of them. What do you think would be the best route to spend them (and subseqently sell the items) to get the highest return? Should I go for modules, implants, ships, BP's, or a combination of them? I don't want to spend the LP's randomly, which is why I'm asking. And I don't need anything for myself.
Cookiez Yum
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-05-15 02:38:49 UTC
I'll help before the rest of this bitter bunch read the op.

Open Excel.. Price in isk to buy from lp store / Lp ammount required / Jita selling price

(Jita price - Buy cost ) / lp ammount ..

take all the items in lp store "or just the good ones ie implants .etc" ... highest LP/Isk ratio wins ..

go !
Fango Mango
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-05-15 02:50:05 UTC
Canabi wrote:
So I have approximately 550k LP's saved up and I'm wanting to get rid of them. What do you think would be the best route to spend them (and subseqently sell the items) to get the highest return? Should I go for modules, implants, ships, BP's, or a combination of them? I don't want to spend the LP's randomly, which is why I'm asking. And I don't need anything for myself.

Sell it all to me. I gladly pay a fair market rate 600 isk -> 1500 isk depending upon the corp. I'll contract you all the required items (modules, tags, ect for jita buy prices). I'll tell you what to buy from the LP store. You contract the LP items back to me for the initial contract price + isk/LP.

You'll save the hassle of figuring out what to buy/sell and actually managing the market orders. I'll make a good bit of ISK off it as well.

If you want to maximize your profits, bust out your favorite spreadsheet and start coding.

-FM
Implying Implications
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-05-15 03:31:53 UTC
Buy the worst thing.
Riven Aleem
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-15 07:46:25 UTC
What I've seen is that a 1LP:1000ISK ratio is what you should aim for, one of the easiest ways to get this is through the implants. If your conversion factor is below this, then keep looking at the items until you find one, if it's higher, then sell sell sell!

A good example is selling the +5 implants for 130mil.
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-05-16 00:43:37 UTC
Cookiez Yum wrote:

Open Excel.. Price in isk to buy from lp store / Lp ammount required / Jita selling price

take all the items in lp store "or just the good ones ie implants .etc" ... highest LP/Isk ratio wins ..

go !

Someone who can't be bothered Googling the million other threads on this exact same topic probably can't be bothered doing basic math either.
Canabi
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#7 - 2012-05-16 00:51:29 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Cookiez Yum wrote:

go !

Someone who can't be bothered Googling the million other threads on this exact same topic probably can't be bothered doing basic math either.

Oh, Anya, such a bitter old hag. Did you Google that reply? Or did you come up with it all on your own?
Sevastian Liao
DreamWeaver Inc.
#8 - 2012-05-16 08:06:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Sevastian Liao
A rule of thumb that I've found is that industry/mining/combat corp - specific items offer the highest ISK per LP ratio. Take for instance the skillbook, Security Connections. It's not available from the LP stores of mining/industry/distribution - focused NPC corps, therefore it doesn't quite have as much supply as compared to a generic item available at all LP stores, such as learning implants. The flipside is that while learning implants are readily bought and used by anyone in the game, profesion - specific stuff has a comparitively smaller market.

So basically - Profession specific LP store items for maximum ISK per LP, with the downside that they move slower; Or Generic LP store items for less ISK per LP, in exchange for higher turnover.
Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-05-17 14:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jame Jarl Retief
Canabi wrote:

This is the kind of question where everyone will be all smug and tell you to work it out yourself. But being a nice guy I'll give you a quickie example, using Krusual Tribe LP store. Rough numbers, shooting from the hip.

Consider the Republic Fleet 100MN Afterburner Blueprint (5 run copy) at 60,000LP + 24 mil ISK.

It also needs tags:
7x Imperial Navy Colonel Insignia I, roughly 1 mil.
21x Imperial Navy General Insignia I, roughly 11 mil.
33x Imperial Navy General Insignia II, roughly 33 mil.
Total for tags: roughly 45mil, can be less if you shop around.

Now, materials to craft the items are:
44 Isogen
1 Megacyte
1k Mexallon
22 Nocxium
8k Pyerite
18k Tritanium
2 Zydrine
This is x5 for 5 modules from the BPC.

Let's go crazy, and say it costs 5 mil in materials, each. This is to compensate for the price of tags, which fluctuates. So 25 mil for materials/manufacturing. You only need Industry I to do it, by the way, unlike the Gallente equivalent BPC which requires Industry V and then some. That's what CCP calls "balance". Roll And then they claim they don't hate Gallente. Yeah, right... But I digress.

Anywhoo, let's look at your ISK totals so far:
24 mil BPC
45 mil tags
25 mil mats/production

Now, each module sells for roughly 50 mil (can go as high as 60, look around), so those 5 mods are 250 mil.
250mil of items- 94 mil in costs/production = 156 mil

Remember those 60k LP you paid? So that's 156 mil / 60k = 2600 ISK/LP

Keep in mind, my materials estimate was utterly insane, I wanted to compensate for the price of tags, they fluctuate up and down, depending on region. Shop around, place buy orders, get them cheap.

Apply the same basic principle to your corp's LP store, and your 550k LP can translate into billions. Of course it varies by LP store - some LP stores are completely and utterly useless in terms of serious profits. Again, what CCP calls "balance".

Now, guys, was that so damn hard? Are you telling me that in the game for supposedly intelligent people most of us can't sit down and do this ourselves, shooting off the hip, with rough numbers, in a matter of minutes?! Enough of the useless "do it yourself" replies. Try and be helpful. You'll be amazed at what a healthy, helpful community can do for a game, instead of this paranoid nonsense.

P.S. And yes, I realize everyone will stampede and do the same thing now, except I don't care because I'm no longer doing it.
Mavnas
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-05-18 21:20:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mavnas
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Cookiez Yum wrote:

go !

To be fair, those don't contain real answers either. The problem is, if people told you how they earn their 2.5k per LP, then they wouldn't be able to keep earning them. None of the markets is big enough to support a few hardcore mission runners dumping a week or more's worth of LPs.

edit: Apparently the guy above me did. If I weren't mainly playing D III right now, I'd be somewhat upset about this, but as I'm not really earning LP at the moment...
Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-05-21 14:46:16 UTC
Mavnas wrote:
To be fair, those don't contain real answers either. The problem is, if people told you how they earn their 2.5k per LP, then they wouldn't be able to keep earning them. None of the markets is big enough to support a few hardcore mission runners dumping a week or more's worth of LPs.

edit: Apparently the guy above me did. If I weren't mainly playing D III right now, I'd be somewhat upset about this, but as I'm not really earning LP at the moment...

My problem with this is that you assume this new guy can't figure it out for himself. Like you are keeping some kind of big secret. Because even for a noob like me, all it took was about 20 mins with a piece of paper and a pencil. And I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, obviously. And if I can do it, anyone can do it. So what's the big secret?

LP item stores in EVE are as simple as it gets. Click through them checking how they move on markets or in contracts, and you're done in 10 mins. You know what sells, what doesn't, in what quantities and how often and for how much. Bada bing, bada boom, done. Also depending on region, even the same item might not sell nearly as well. Heck, some games are FAR more difficult than that.

Consider Pirates of the Burning Sea, which in many ways was like EVE Lite. Market tools there were nowhere near as advanced, and there were no LP stores. Working out what sells where and for how much took tons of actual research. And even in that game, which by the way was also very competitive, though like I said much simpler overall, even there people have been more helpful than on this forum where all the info is right there for you to look at in the game. Maybe if we stopped snarling at new people and actually helped out once in a while, maybe we'd have a better community to show for it after 9 years. Instead, we got drunken Goons as the current pinnacle of EVE evolution.

So, really, I don't see what the big deal is. All I did was save the guy 10 mins, and maybe helped some newbie later on to figure out quicker how to convert LP to ISK better. That is all. If the newbie has the will and the brains, he'll arrive at the same conclusion soon enough. And if he's too lazy to do it, he'll still be too lazy to gather up tags even after being told exactly what to do. And if they oversaturate the market, they'll learn from that too.