These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's after a BS for mission running?

Author
MX555
Nalsheen Investors United
#1 - 2012-05-14 18:48:50 UTC
I've been running L4 missions and was wondering what ship would be bigger and better for mission running? Or is there anything bigger that can fly in Hi sec?
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#2 - 2012-05-14 18:54:47 UTC
Bigger no, unless you count Marauders as bigger even though they are still BS. If you want bigger you need to go to low/null sec. As for better, well, that is a matter of opinion. I see that Tengu's appear to be the latest hotness for repeating the same missions over and over again.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Tub Chil
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-05-14 19:12:04 UTC
MX555 wrote:
I've been running L4 missions and was wondering what ship would be bigger and better for mission running? Or is there anything bigger that can fly in Hi sec?

faction BS pimped with faction/complex mods I guess
Salo Aldeland
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-05-14 19:18:17 UTC
PLEX a second account and use two battle ships?
Vain Eldritch
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-14 19:23:03 UTC
Tub Chil wrote:
MX555 wrote:

faction BS pimped with faction/complex mods I guess

Pirate

Androgynous Caldari Cross-dresser

Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Horse Feathers
CAStabouts
#6 - 2012-05-14 20:50:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Machariels are carrier sized, despite being battleships. (also the fastest and most agile BS in the game, with the highest scan res...wtf?)

Anyway, the end point for most any highsec mission runner is going to be a pimped out pirate faction battleship. Machariel is the most popular, but the vindicator and nightmare are also very good against certain factions. (kin/th rats and em/th rats, respectively)

You could also move into low/null and use a carrier....

thhief ghabmoef

Orlacc
#7 - 2012-05-14 21:21:50 UTC
T3s are a lot of fun.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Linda Shadowborn
Dark Steel Industries
#8 - 2012-05-14 21:25:30 UTC
With the new drone damage mods the shield tanked navy domi will be a beast for a fraction of a machariels price.
Orlacc
#9 - 2012-05-14 21:27:20 UTC
Linda Shadowborn wrote:
With the new drone damage mods the shield tanked navy domi will be a beast for a fraction of a machariels price.

If you have T2 sentries trained.

And I doubt it will remain a fraction in price.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Kalli Brixzat
#10 - 2012-05-14 21:50:11 UTC
MX555 wrote:

For L4 missions...don't get creative. Stick to what works.

T1 BS
Navy BS
T3
Pirate BS

In that order or progression.
MX555
Nalsheen Investors United
#11 - 2012-05-14 22:21:33 UTC
Thanks for all the replies. I was just wanting to get a biger ship. O well.
GreenSeed
#12 - 2012-05-15 00:19:59 UTC
Linda Shadowborn wrote:

pfff

no way.

the only thing those drone mods add is 15% damage with stacking penalties... thats all, in no way they will turn drone boats in "beasts".

dont try to reinvent the wheel, the Ndomi works the same way the Nvex does... its a gunboat with really powerful drone support. the best way to fly a domi/ndomi is to supplement drone DPS with gun DPS.

currently a shield ndomi using 425mm and shooting faction ammo will do 500dps with guns alone, bonused drones add another 500 dps. and yes, the current sentry drone mods DO stack with the new mods, so all in all the ndomi is getting a +12% damage boost to drones by dropping one low for a drone mod (the first drone mod will already be penalized)

Ndomis are already a fantastic DPS ship, considering the MONSTER tracking on Gardes and bouncers and the ******** +30% bonus on faction Omnilinks, they can actually apply their DPS much more reliably than a machariel. the problem is that half the DPS comes from sentries wich force the domi to either shoot or move, and the other half comes from guns with crappy tracking...

oh, and besides that, they need around 5 millon SP in drones and another 10+ millon on Hybrids... wich i have and regret.

the only ships that can justify drone damage mods is the rattler, simply because going for Ballistic control units has a ****** marginal dps increase on a missile ship using big missiles and an unbonused painter.

the ONLY ship i can see going crazy over those drone damage mods is the Myrm when set up as an "anti-frig only" PvPship, just to **** off all those weirdos that think frig pvp is the only pvp... or the Gila, when used as a drone DPS support ALT.

anything else is bullshit invented by ppl hoping to cash in selling overpriced drone boats.
Theodoric Darkwind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-05-15 00:30:00 UTC
Move to nullsec, run sanctums in a carrierPirate

or if your not totally ********, move to nullsec, get a carrier and a tengu on seperate accounts, assign fighters to tengu, leave carrier at edge of pos, profit.
Velarra
#14 - 2012-05-15 02:25:09 UTC
If you're feeling particularly adventurous and want to try something different, - Stealth bomber & an Assault Frigate!
Hakaimono
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-05-15 04:27:57 UTC
Planning on upgrading to Vargur when I'm done with my Maelstrom. More tank and has utility hi-slots for tractor beams and salvagers.
Boomhaur
#16 - 2012-05-15 04:35:10 UTC
Velarra wrote:
If you're feeling particularly adventurous and want to try something different, - Stealth bomber & an Assault Frigate!

Thats been done before get a fleet of Ibis's to do lv4's in.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.