These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make effect for Armor Plates and and Shield Extender

Author
Carton Mantory
Vindicate and Deliverance
#1 - 2012-05-12 13:10:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Carton Mantory
You should allow these effect to be selectable

I like the hardners for both shield and armor but I would like to see when someone has

Shield Extenders and Armor Plates

I guess you could just make sig radius a visible effect.

And the maxspeed you go a thicker exhaust trail.

I would like the sig radius effect visible to the covert pilot to see where he is.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-05-12 13:35:13 UTC
I would like people to stop posting bad ideas, but that's never going to happen
Im Super Gay
Investtan Inc.
The Republic.
#3 - 2012-05-12 14:23:22 UTC
Only active mods get effects.
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-05-12 15:50:27 UTC
If it takes more then a few seconds, your target has passive mods. It will even show up in the killmail if its generated in seconds or a minute later. And the fact that most people usually fit for buffer anyway with passive mods since its so stanard fit.

I know you didn't know this, but your are welcome for me pointing out the obvious fact that your brain should of registered it without being told.
Carton Mantory
Vindicate and Deliverance
#5 - 2012-05-14 13:02:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Carton Mantory
If you actually pvp you would not know who had 3 extenders on or who had 1.

Also would be nice to see who had remote rep on them soo we dont target them either.
Im Super Gay
Investtan Inc.
The Republic.
#6 - 2012-05-14 22:37:21 UTC
Carton Mantory wrote:
If you actually pvp you would not know who had 3 extenders on or who had 1.

Also would be nice to see who had remote rep on them soo we dont target them either.

Ever heard of a ship scanner? If there's logi's on the field and the ship has the same tank type as the logi, there's a good chance the ship will get reps after you start shooting it. Its as if you're asking ccp to implement features around you wanting to shut off your brain when in a battle.
Lin Gerie
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-05-14 23:45:04 UTC
They're a bit mean but with purpose. Active mods get active effects where as passive mods give passive effects. You'll know real fast if someone is sporting 1600mm armor because they fly like a brick and even more so if they have 3 because now they fly like a boulder. Same goes for shield extenders. Oh I locked a frigate in less then 10 seconds, must be sporting at least one if not a few shield extenders.

That aside for fleet or gang fights a scout with a ship scanner could find this all out much faster and in 1v1 you're already hoping your build will beat theirs, whatever it is.

While these would be cool effects it's a good deal of work for a relatively unneeded visual cue.