These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Market glitch to create unfair advantage????

Author
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#1 - 2012-05-12 14:59:46 UTC

I regularly engage in the .01 isk war to ensure my market hub items sell. Lately, I've noticed another character is undercutting me by using the EXACT SAME SELL PRICE.

When I change my market orders, it resets their "Expires In" time....

However, this person has found a method to change their market orders so the "Expires In" timer DOES NOT CHANGE.

This typically results in our orders competing with each other at the same price... but since their "Expires In" timer did not reset, their order registers as older, and is therefore fulfilled first...

Have other marketeers been encountering this problem? Does anyone know how to repeat it?
Wyke Mossari
Staner Industries
#2 - 2012-05-12 15:18:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Wyke Mossari
I've noticed this but I don't think it is the person changing their order prices without affecting the order time because sometimes it is several orders that suddenly appear above/elow my re-priced order. I think it is a cache problem. The orders are already there in the real market but the market screen is displaying a cached version of the market that doesn't include them at that price. The change forces the cache to be refreshed.
Tradelita
Ducats in Buckets
#3 - 2012-05-12 16:17:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tradelita
IIRC, whomever's order was placed first will take priority, regardless of expire time. After all, someone's order has to be on the botttom, why should it automatically be yours? This is useful for checking if someone has had their goods on the market longer than you, or just for trolling people.

As for their timer not resetting, are you certain that's what's happening, and that they're not just using a different expiry period?
Decidivus Jones
Harriman Trust
#4 - 2012-05-12 17:15:57 UTC
0.02 isk ftw
Evil Brock Nelson
#5 - 2012-05-12 17:23:38 UTC
Decidivus Jones wrote:
0.02 isk ftw

Or using 0, 8, 9 and 6 to look like other numbers...
Jacob Stiller
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-05-12 20:11:21 UTC
Evil Brock Nelson wrote:
Decidivus Jones wrote:
0.02 isk ftw

Or using 0, 8, 9 and 6 to look like other numbers...

Oh, market PvP. How I love-hate you!
malaire
#7 - 2012-05-13 06:41:29 UTC
Not sure if this is related, but there was a bug where price shown in market details was 0.01 ISK wrong (some rounding problem probably).

To make sure you are not affected by this, instead of 0.01 ISKing just make your order at least 0.02 ISK lower than competitor.

(I don't know if this bug has been fixed already.)

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Fango Mango
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-05-14 20:38:40 UTC
malaire wrote:
Not sure if this is related, but there was a bug where price shown in market details was 0.01 ISK wrong (some rounding problem probably).

To make sure you are not affected by this, instead of 0.01 ISKing just make your order at least 0.02 ISK lower than competitor.

(I don't know if this bug has been fixed already.)

I can confirm that this bug has NOT BEEN FIXED, but the magnitude of the error stated above is incorrect.

You must lower/raise your order by at least 1.37 ISK to insure that the floating point error on your 586 does not cause a problem with your market details display.

-FM
Bifordus Maximus
MissoCorp
#9 - 2012-05-14 23:47:36 UTC
Well, I have noticed that if you are selling less of said item than the person who is matching you, people tend to buy from the person with higher quantity.
malaire
#10 - 2012-05-15 05:26:01 UTC
Bifordus Maximus wrote:
Well, I have noticed that if you are selling less of said item than the person who is matching you, people tend to buy from the person with higher quantity.

Buyer can't select whom they buy from if both orders are at same station.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Bifordus Maximus
MissoCorp
#11 - 2012-05-15 06:18:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Bifordus Maximus
malaire wrote:
Bifordus Maximus wrote:
Duh

Truth.

They can, but now that you mention it - it may not make a difference... shows how little I know then.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-05-16 11:52:46 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

I regularly engage in the .01 isk war to ensure my market hub items sell. Lately, I've noticed another character is undercutting me by using the EXACT SAME SELL PRICE.

When I change my market orders, it resets their "Expires In" time....

However, this person has found a method to change their market orders so the "Expires In" timer DOES NOT CHANGE.

This typically results in our orders competing with each other at the same price... but since their "Expires In" timer did not reset, their order registers as older, and is therefore fulfilled first...

Have other marketeers been encountering this problem? Does anyone know how to repeat it?

You choose to trade at big trade hubs you choose to play 0.01 isk war and all the problems you get with.

Trade in some other systems and forget the 0.01 isk war to play the 100isk war, far more interesting.

brb

Armed Maniac
Noticeably Insane Miners' League
#13 - 2012-05-16 13:27:03 UTC
I have had 2 buy orders on the same item and set them both to the same price. Sometimes the second order I edit will be the one that starts filling when they are both the same price.

I didn't .01 isk myself into that issue, and I know i edited them in the right order. I have only seen it twice in the last 3 days though.