These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

When do EVE players get into the Dust Beta?

Author
Steve BHD
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-12 12:00:27 UTC
I'm really getting impatient here.......

I have friends who have been in for about a month and they don't even play EVE! Evil
Come on, CCP! Shoot me a beta code, please. Or tell us when we will get our codes!
Shepard Book
Underground Stargate
#2 - 2012-05-12 14:11:53 UTC
Steve BHD wrote:
I'm really getting impatient here.......

I have friends who have been in for about a month and they don't even play EVE! Evil
Come on, CCP! Shoot me a beta code, please. Or tell us when we will get our codes!

Good question
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#3 - 2012-05-12 14:27:03 UTC
Dust514.org

You can even follow them on G+ and maybe Facebook.

Also, you're asking in the wrong place.

Adapt or Die

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#4 - 2012-05-12 15:35:09 UTC
Evry time I go to Dust514.org I discover that it hasn`t really changed since the last time I was there. It`s basically a site that shows a page, I think it ask for Birthdate, and links some chronicles, shows a couple stubs on some bits. Otherwise it has Twitter and facebook links which are more useful.

If you really want information on Dust, (not related to EVE or when EVE players will get an invite), then you have to go to the PSblog site or one of those other venues far removed from the EVE online forums.

In the end, you will come back here no wiser than you left, except that you might have got a look at one of the new features while you were gone.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Danfen Fenix
#5 - 2012-05-12 15:40:01 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
Evry time I go to Dust514.org I discover that it hasn`t really changed since the last time I was there. It`s basically a site that shows a page, I think it ask for Birthdate, and links some chronicles, shows a couple stubs on some bits. Otherwise it has Twitter and facebook links which are more useful.

If you really want information on Dust, (not related to EVE or when EVE players will get an invite), then you have to go to the PSblog site or one of those other venues far removed from the EVE online forums.

In the end, you will come back here no wiser than you left, except that you might have got a look at one of the new features while you were gone.

Thats Dust514.com...

http://www.dust514.org/
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#6 - 2012-05-12 15:47:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Mars Theran
Right.. sorry. Lol

Forgot about the community fansite. I've been there but wasn't ever really interested. Hype and all.

edit: actually it looks much improved since the last time I was there. Did they get official status as a fansite? Certainly the've lost the unrelated apocalyptic-biohazard art theme anyway.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Steve BHD
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-05-12 22:51:08 UTC
Danfen Fenix wrote:
Mars Theran wrote:

Thats Dust514.com...

http://www.dust514.org/

Is the .org the community/fansite one?
If so, I'm allready following them and nada....
Logan LaMort
Screaming Hayabusa
#8 - 2012-05-12 23:30:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Logan LaMort
This

This

This

This

And this

Basically, this coming Wednesday if you have a fanfest key, a couple of weeks later if not.
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-05-13 15:41:33 UTC
Thursday.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Hayaishi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-05-13 15:52:43 UTC
Logan LaMort wrote:
This

This

This

This

And this

Basically, this coming Wednesday if you have a fanfest key, a couple of weeks later if not.

To add to this, they said they'll be accepting EVE player beta requests shortly after the fanfest key holders.
Lucy Ferrr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-05-14 03:17:48 UTC
What were the requirements to get one of the first wave of beta keys I wonder. After a bunch of people broke the NDA and uploaded videos to youtube, I watched them. People who've never played a FPS, Eve Online, or been in a beta got keys. There was a video of an idiot running in a circle and jumping for 3 mintues. This video had commentary as well, "I have no idea what the **** I am doing". Very accurate commentary. If you want people to test a game for bugs (especially if it's a small sample of people) they should have a general understanding of similar games and their mechanics.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#12 - 2012-05-14 04:12:25 UTC
If you want to test the playability of a game and look for gremlins in the code, why not use clueless newbies who don't know what they are "supposed" to be doing?
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-05-14 04:14:28 UTC
yeah i don't want to pay for a trip to iceland to play a 'free' video game thx
why not just give me the beta key that i was offered in february
Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-05-14 04:14:37 UTC
What is a game?

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Steve BHD
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-05-19 03:17:05 UTC
2ND ROUND OF BETAS WENT OUT AND DESPITE SIGNING UP FOR IT EVERYWHERE, NOTHING!!!

CCP, PLEASE HELP! EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvil
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-05-19 03:25:55 UTC
Steve BHD wrote:
2ND ROUND OF BETAS WENT OUT AND DESPITE SIGNING UP FOR IT EVERYWHERE, NOTHING!!!

CCP, PLEASE HELP! EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

That's because you only have 2 likes....

There I added 1 Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Benilopax
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-05-19 03:29:59 UTC
So far it looks like fanfesters, HD stream buyers and a select few are now in.

Your time will come young one.

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-05-19 03:30:34 UTC
ctx2007
Wychwood and Wells
Beer needs you
#19 - 2012-05-19 07:44:17 UTC
Got playing Dust last night Big smile check your e-mails

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#20 - 2012-05-19 07:48:05 UTC
Benilopax wrote:
So far it looks like fanfesters, HD stream buyers and a select few are now in.

Your time will come young one.

Actually, not true. I bought HD Stream (Y U NO WORK????), and all I got were these lousy T-shirts. and my flyable Quafe can. I am NOT in Beta. if I were, I wouldn't be hanging around here, I'd be playing Dust until work tomorrow.
12Next page