These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Remember the old eve font? guess what!! lol!

First post
Author
Botleten
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-05-13 02:35:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Botleten
They definitely didnt change the font back. Type in zero and capital o in the game and you'll see you're wrong. The old font zeroes didnt have diagonal lines in them.

You should ragequit again.
NickyYo
StarHug
#22 - 2012-05-13 02:44:18 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
TWHC Assistant wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Nope they def changed something back, i remember the text being out of proportion on everything maybee they changed it back and you didn't notice.

They have made several changes to font sizes and font scaling. It would not surprise me if the next three patches made further adjustments to it still. It is work-in-progress. A font can appear very different from one size to the next. Only a moron will however insist on telling you that nothing has changed. You know the type...

The price history chart still uses the Arial font for the axes and is the only text that has not been given the new fonts.


Thank you for clearing that up :)
To me the font looks totaly different from when i was last on, how can you foget the market screen all out of scale and the ship descriptions etc..

Maybee i shouldn't have said 'changed it back' in my topic post, i am giving the clowns an easy escape on this one however, the link i posted in the topic shows the mass support these people had for it lol and they say nothing has changed and that i'm seein things haha.

Bottom line new font or not it looks totaly different from back then, almost exactly like the old font apart from minor changes such as 0o.

..

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#23 - 2012-05-13 03:37:20 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Maybee i shouldn't have said 'changed it back' in my topic post, i am giving the clowns an easy escape on this one however, the link i posted in the topic shows the mass support these people had for it lol and they say nothing has changed and that i'm seein things haha.
Well, that's because they haven't changed the font — it's the one that made you leave.

The most likely explanation is now that you're back, you're seeing it “for the first time” without anything to compare it with, since you've forgotten both how the old one looked and what the new one looked like… and as it happens, the new one is just a much better font which is why you like it.

It's pretty much nothing like the old font and pretty much entirely like the one that made you leave. The only difference is a bit of kerning.
NickyYo
StarHug
#24 - 2012-05-13 03:44:16 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
Tippia wrote:
Well, that's because they haven't changed the font — it's the one that made you leave.

The only difference is a bit of kerning.


I'm sorry but i don't agree with you, i have a good memory, and how can you forget that font released in Crucible? there has been major changes and it totally looks like the old font.

Go watch some youtube videos in 1020pi from before Crucible and you will see what i am on about.

..

cerbus
Carpe Noctem.
#25 - 2012-05-13 04:01:58 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
I'm not flaming you here, but, quitting the game because the font change made it "look like a childs [sic] blog"? Really? Are you one of those people who stops being friends with someone because you don't like their new haircut?


His right and I'm sure people have quit over less.

:|

This character is no longer affiliated with the Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#26 - 2012-05-13 04:41:06 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
I'm sorry but i don't agree with you
That's your problem. The fact remains that it's the same font.
Quote:
i have a good memory
Apparently not.
Quote:
how can you forget that font released in Crucible?
I can't, because I'm still looking at it. If you think it's the same as the old one, it's because you have made up your mind that the old one was highly readable, and now that you're looking at a very readable font you assume that it's the old one…

…it's not. It's just a good, readable font.

If you think it looks anything like the old one, it's because the differences weren't that great to begin with and you threw a hissy fit over pretty much nothing.
Daneirkus Auralex
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-05-13 04:59:50 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Can a CCP employee confirm they changed something with the font back from the day they released the patch with the font change. I remember all the market windows being screwd up because of it too, now its not. Please please settle this matter.
TY

Yes, I think we can all agree that a CCP employee should waste their time by researching and replying to a sperging, delusional forum post after someone ragequit for some dumb reason, then later came back claiming his reason has been addressed, which it hasn't.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#28 - 2012-05-13 05:12:23 UTC
Here's a side-by-side comparison between the old and new font as used in a similar type of in-game text. Can you spot the difference? Can you tell which is which?
Kietay Ayari
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-05-13 05:20:27 UTC
This guy is fantastic at trawler fishing

Ferox #1

Sycho Pathic
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-05-13 05:33:33 UTC
Kietay Ayari wrote:
This guy is fantastic at trawler fishing


Agreed.

First rate talent.

Very impressive.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#31 - 2012-05-13 06:02:19 UTC
Montevius Williams
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-05-13 06:15:05 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Tippia wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Yes, i don't know if you remember but it was unplayable! i cringed everytime i logged on.
…and now you got used to it almost instantly. Strange that, what with it being so supposedly unreadable and all.


Nope they def changed something back, i remember the text being out of proportion on everything maybee they changed it back and you didn't notice.

Because it is definitely different from when i remember back then.

Can a CCP employee confirm they changed something with the font back from the day they released the patch with the font change. I remember all the market windows being screwd up because of it too, now its not. Please please settle this matter.
TY



They havent changed the font.

You seriously quit because of font?

"The American Government indoctrination system known as public education has been relentlessly churning out socialists for over 20 years". - TravisWB

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-05-13 06:20:05 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Tippia wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Yes, i don't know if you remember but it was unplayable! i cringed everytime i logged on.
…and now you got used to it almost instantly. Strange that, what with it being so supposedly unreadable and all.


Nope they def changed something back, i remember the text being out of proportion on everything maybee they changed it back and you didn't notice.

Because it is definitely different from when i remember back then.

Can a CCP employee confirm they changed something with the font back from the day they released the patch with the font change. I remember all the market windows being screwd up because of it too, now its not. Please please settle this matter.
TY


nothing has changed, you just fear change. but when you took a break you found the text easy to read because you stopped playing eve online 12 hours a day on 3 accounts.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-05-13 09:06:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Schneider
No, they didn't change it back to the old fonts, they however, made adjustments to the new fonts, but didn't revert them back to the old one. Sorry to ruin your fun there m8.


NickyYo wrote:
...otherwise they cannot make a coverstation in real life!

I want a covert station!

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Zoloft Rx
Forged Prophets
#35 - 2012-05-13 09:59:21 UTC
Tippia is arguing on a technicality.. Every post he writes mentions FONT.

the font did not change - tippia is right.
the spacing did - thats why you feel its different.

Have fun bickering.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#36 - 2012-05-13 10:00:34 UTC
Zoloft Rx wrote:
Tippia is arguing on a technicality.. Every post he writes mentions FONT.
…not to mention that I mentioned kerning. Blink
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#37 - 2012-05-13 11:05:19 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Zoloft Rx wrote:
Tippia is arguing on a technicality.. Every post he writes mentions FONT.
…not to mention that I mentioned kerning. Blink


He did mention kerning, but he called it spacing. Which is the same thing, kerning being spacing and all.

You gotta learn to read the whole post before replying to just the bit you're interested in replying to.
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#38 - 2012-05-13 15:33:10 UTC
I love a guy who makes an issue out of the really BIG things in life.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Hayaishi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-05-13 15:39:51 UTC
Posting in an "I saw something on SISI I didn't like and rage quit" thread.
Vulix
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-05-13 16:05:34 UTC
OP is a giant failure and EVE Online is better without him.