These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CCP time to fix the orca exploit

Author
NickyYo
modro
Northern Coalition.
#1 - 2012-05-13 03:16:40 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
Want to kill Burn Jita and Hulkageddon?

IdeaIt's simple!! Fix the Orca so it cannot jettison ships in space for -10 status pirates to jump into from their pods..

This has got me thinking, you can easily fix this exploit BUT do you want to?
Do you want these events to take place and why?

And it amazes me how delusional people are, thinking they are making a difference in eve.. and can ransom CCP etc..
Above line mainly aimed at the goons..

HmmhHHHMMMmmmm...

Nylith Empyreal
Sutar Rein
#2 - 2012-05-13 03:22:39 UTC
HMMMHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM something awfully funny is goin on 'round here.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

SlapNuts
Lost Wacko's
#3 - 2012-05-13 03:25:24 UTC
NickyYo wrote:

IdeaIt's simple!! Fix the Orca so it cannot jettison ships in space for -10 status pirates to jump into from their pods..

WHo said this is an exploit?
NickyYo
modro
Northern Coalition.
#4 - 2012-05-13 03:26:23 UTC
SlapNuts wrote:
NickyYo wrote:

I did!
Orca is meant for mining not killing miners..

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#5 - 2012-05-13 03:26:57 UTC
I heard stations are a major factor of this exploit as well. CCP should get that fixed at the same time.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Sentinel Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-05-13 03:33:47 UTC
CCP doesn't want to kill Burn Jita or Hulkageddon. Hulkageddon is an almost yearly promise of news coverage, without them needing to take any actions. And Burn Jita was nothing short of a goldmine for CCP.. Good PR, lots of coverage, and even a whole bunch of data of TiDi in highsec and the like under real-world conditions.

CCP would be nuts if they were trying to kill it..

Making Eve a peaceful playground might be nice for some of the players.. But it would end Eve's "field", kill their regular news, and in the end, lead to the downfall of the game. It would end up just being WoW, or Starwars Online, or whatever.. and Eve will never be better at being WoW, than WoW..
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#7 - 2012-05-13 03:42:19 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
I did!
…in other words, it's not an exploit. Dumping ships into space for other pilots to enter is pretty much exactly what the Orca is for. Granted, being able to do so also makes roughly zero difference for -10s, but why on earth shouldn't they be able to us this core functionality of the ship?

…and why on earth would anyone (least of all CCP) want to kill Burna Jita and Hulkageddon?

Quote:
Orca is meant for mining not killing miners..
The Orca is meant for supporting fleets in highsec, like all command ships, with a special treat for mining fleets. It's not actually meant for mining itself. It's also meant to transport smaller ships. This is how it's being used in this case, so what made you think that one of its primary functions was suddenly an exploit?
Torneach
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-05-13 03:45:58 UTC
SlapNuts wrote:
NickyYo wrote:

NickyYo, the supreme god of terrible posts, has decreed it so.
NickyYo
modro
Northern Coalition.
#9 - 2012-05-13 03:49:04 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
Tippia wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
I did!
…in other words, it's not an exploit. Dumping ships into space for other pilots to enter is pretty much exactly what the Orca is for. Granted, being able to do so also makes roughly zero difference for -10s, but why on earth shouldn't they be able to us this core functionality of the ship?

Tippia wrote:
The Orca is meant for supporting fleets in highsec, like all command ships,

Where in the ship description does it say ship can be used to dump ships in space for players to use..

The ships core functionality is to provide bonuses and store ore..

CCP was lazy on this one, create a new ship model and used an existing function in the code that are used for carriers cargo space. Is the Orca a miniature carrier? I think not!

Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#10 - 2012-05-13 03:57:15 UTC
I don't see CCP stepping in supporting you. CCP designed the orca for support roles in high sec. They also knew about the combat support it provided for pirates for years but did nothing about it. What does tell you, moron?

Adapt or Die

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#11 - 2012-05-13 03:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Morganta
NickyYo wrote:
Tippia wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
I did!

Tippia wrote:
The Orca is meant for supporting fleets in highsec, like all command ships,

Where in the ship description does it say ship can be used to dump ships in space for players to use..

The ships core functionality is to provide bonuses and store ore..

CCP was lazy on this one, create a new ship model and used an existing function in the code that are used for carriers cargo space. Is the Orca a miniature carrier? I think not!

thats the way a non-station hangar works in eve

same as a pos, it kicks out a ship on command and you get in

Orca is just a mobile hangar array with some other goodies thrown in for bears
Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#12 - 2012-05-13 04:00:58 UTC
So the guy who used a hulk to lure canflippers and then kill them with that hulk was wrong too?
Because a hulk isn't designed to be a ganker according to the general consensus.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#13 - 2012-05-13 04:01:12 UTC
NickyYo wrote:

Ship Maintenance Bay Capacity
400000 m3

…now, where does it say that it's not supposed to work for pirates?

Quote:
The ships core functionality is to provide bonuses and store ore.
…and ships, and to transport equipment for various uses and to support those ships with refitting facilities.

Quote:
Is the Orca a miniature carrier?
Pretty much, yes. Well, apart from providing command bonuses instead of logi support.
NickyYo
modro
Northern Coalition.
#14 - 2012-05-13 04:02:47 UTC
Sentinel Smith wrote:
CCP doesn't want to kill Burn Jita or Hulkageddon. Hulkageddon is an almost yearly promise of news coverage, without them needing to take any actions..

It does provide news, but it is also a vicious cycle for suscriptions.

Players will leave, players will join and then those players will leave.. They will never truly build a solid subscription base at this rate.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#15 - 2012-05-13 04:04:32 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Sentinel Smith wrote:
CCP doesn't want to kill Burn Jita or Hulkageddon. Hulkageddon is an almost yearly promise of news coverage, without them needing to take any actions..

It does provide news, but it is also a vicious cycle for suscriptions.

Players will leave, players will join and then those players will leave.. They will never truly build a solid subscription base at this rate.

welp, heres to eve circling the drain for another 9 years Lol

NickyYo
modro
Northern Coalition.
#16 - 2012-05-13 04:06:05 UTC
Anyway what do i care, i'm only active to train skills and post on these forums..

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#17 - 2012-05-13 04:07:16 UTC
Tippia wrote:
NickyYo wrote:

Ship Maintenance Bay Capacity
400000 m3

…now, where does it say that it's not supposed to work for pirates?

Quote:
The ships core functionality is to provide bonuses and store ore.
…and ships, and to transport equipment for various uses and to support those ships with refitting facilities.

Quote:
Is the Orca a miniature carrier?
Pretty much, yes. Well, apart from providing command bonuses instead of logi support.

So it's a miniature Titan (ofc the two bits of Titan functionality that nobody used, but...)

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

ModeratedToSilence
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-05-13 04:08:22 UTC
During Burn Jita the Orca was the best way to keep goods moving despite of the Goons. Nerf the ability of it to hold things in its hanger and it would suit the pirates more....
daddys helper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-05-13 04:08:28 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Anyway what do i care, i'm only active to train skills and post on these forums..

I sure hope you're better at training skills than you are at posting
Stirko Hek
New Home Industries
#20 - 2012-05-13 05:54:00 UTC
ITT: complaining about people finding uses for things you don't like.

123Next pageLast page