These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Request] Incursion Frequency

First post
Author
Crixiss
Vindicator Corporation
#1 - 2011-09-30 23:51:48 UTC
I'm not here to complain or to rage out. I'm here just to make a simple request.

Please limit the frequency that a given constellation can come under incursion. For instance Zemont has been "incursioned" (hell I guess that would be the term) twice in less than a month of time.

I understand that Incursions are great fun, and awesome ISK/hr, and I do not in any way want them to be diminished. Just spread the love around a little because they play hell on the local mission runners, and indy pilots.

Thank you'
Crix
Kadeyaa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-10-01 01:08:46 UTC
wikipedia wrote:
Probability is ordinarily used to describe an attitude of mind towards some proposition of whose truth we are not certain.



QFT
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2011-10-01 11:26:11 UTC
If you can get them to change anything, make them change the influence drop/gain in highsec.
If it weren't for people not attempting to end the incursions they would only last 4 hours.

I refer to the posts I made here and here.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2011-10-02 15:32:02 UTC
While I don't necessarily disagree with the OP, I am compelled to point out that the mission system was changed recently precisely for reasons like this. Your agent is just as good as every other agent now. If you can't run missions in your normal system because of an incursion, annoying as it may be you do have the option to move until it's over.
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-10-02 16:15:42 UTC
Crixiss wrote:


I understand that Incursions are great fun, and awesome ISK/hr, and I do not in any way want them to be diminished. Just spread the love around a little because they play hell on the local mission runners, and indy pilots.

Thank you'
Crix



lol

tears of mission runners...never gets old
Elindreal
Planetary Interactors
#6 - 2011-10-02 18:36:15 UTC
I noticed that Zemont been hit twice as well now in recent weeks, meanwhile as far as I've noticed my home system in Caldari has never seen an incursion. Granted I haven't been playing every week since incursions began.

That said, Amarr does get hit more often than anywhere else. This is partially due to size, but I honestly think that their holier than thou attitude really just rubs Mr. Kuvakei the wrong way...
Kithran
#7 - 2011-10-03 11:20:56 UTC
Elindreal wrote:
I noticed that Zemont been hit twice as well now in recent weeks, meanwhile as far as I've noticed my home system in Caldari has never seen an incursion. Granted I haven't been playing every week since incursions began.

That said, Amarr does get hit more often than anywhere else. This is partially due to size, but I honestly think that their holier than thou attitude really just rubs Mr. Kuvakei the wrong way...


There are a number of conditions that need to be met for an incursion to occur as far as I am aware:

Constellation needs to be large enough and if mixed high and low sec systems within constellation the constellation needs to be large enough just counting either high or low.

Constellation can't include major hub system (an incursion actually including jita is just asking for trouble, of course there have been a number adjacent to jita).

Constellation can't include a starter system - there are actually quite a few of these.

As Amarr is considerably larger than any other empire yet the number of hub and starter systems are actually constant in all 4 empires you end up with the chances being tilted more in Amarr's favour than just looking at the size alone would indicate
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2011-10-03 11:47:34 UTC
Kithran wrote:
Elindreal wrote:
I noticed that Zemont been hit twice as well now in recent weeks, meanwhile as far as I've noticed my home system in Caldari has never seen an incursion. Granted I haven't been playing every week since incursions began.

That said, Amarr does get hit more often than anywhere else. This is partially due to size, but I honestly think that their holier than thou attitude really just rubs Mr. Kuvakei the wrong way...


There are a number of conditions that need to be met for an incursion to occur as far as I am aware:

Constellation needs to be large enough and if mixed high and low sec systems within constellation the constellation needs to be large enough just counting either high or low.

Constellation can't include major hub system (an incursion actually including jita is just asking for trouble, of course there have been a number adjacent to jita).

Constellation can't include a starter system - there are actually quite a few of these.

As Amarr is considerably larger than any other empire yet the number of hub and starter systems are actually constant in all 4 empires you end up with the chances being tilted more in Amarr's favour than just looking at the size alone would indicate


This is essentially correct. We are working on a more elegant system for the distribution of incursions (that would account for large territories held by the Amarr Empire, in particular), but unfortunately I can't give a precise ETA at this point.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#9 - 2011-10-03 13:03:57 UTC
CCP Spitfire wrote:


This is essentially correct. We are working on a more elegant system for the distribution of incursions (that would account for large territories held by the Amarr Empire, in particular), but unfortunately I can't give a precise ETA at this point.


That is good news.
Would you be able to publish the system?
grumpyguts1
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-10-03 18:28:56 UTC
I for one am happy with the way it is. I don't have to jump my NM 30 jumps to get to a new incursion every time. I just leave a JC in Amarr with the NM, and they have in most cases been within a dozen jumps away Big smile
xVx dreadnaught
Space Telentics Systems Inc
#11 - 2011-10-04 09:12:30 UTC
If they did reduce the length of time an incursion lasted, I'd like to see bigger rewards for early completions... if you get the same payout for killing the incursion after 1 week as you do as 1 day it's no wonder people like me farm em for as much as we can Blink

If for instance the system worked as an early completion bonus and as soon as one incursion died another spawned elsewhere it would make incurion running more an efficiency process. people would only see their systems under incursion for a few hours to a day.

But the 24-48 hours that it can take for a fresh incursion to spawn means cycling and leaving incursions live longer so people have a chance to participate.

I currently use an orca for carrying spare supplies around and for one this current setup is fine for my current operation. As I move to a system the day it spawns and stay just short of a week then pack up and move on. If it was a day long incursion I'd probly just leave the orca at home and buy what I need in the area (only sticking to market hubs)

But more to the point and this is something that baffles me... is why don't the mission runners join us more often? I know you may like to run things solo, and you may duelbox 3-4 accounts and make a ton more money per hour with lvl 4 grinding. But most of the incursion groups work together as a good bunchand we get along having a good time as well as making isk. Come join us and have some fun while the incursion is in town. If you don't have a good time and decide to go back to missions when they finish just wave the caravan goodbye when we head to the next one. But we would be glad for more people to tag along.
Shana Matika
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-10-04 16:02:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Shana Matika
xVx dreadnaught wrote:

But more to the point and this is something that baffles me... is why don't the mission runners join us more often? I know you may like to run things solo, and you may duelbox 3-4 accounts and make a ton more money per hour with lvl 4 grinding. But most of the incursion groups work together as a good bunchand we get along having a good time as well as making isk. Come join us and have some fun while the incursion is in town. If you don't have a good time and decide to go back to missions when they finish just wave the caravan goodbye when we head to the next one. But we would be glad for more people to tag along.



Edit and grml: Forum eat my wall of text....

Shortversion:

Time: When you have 1h in the evening and don't know when you havve to go offline missions are the only viable option.

Also: Log in and start playing vs. log in and look hours after hours for your fleet ... guess what wins for people like me with short timeframes for play!
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#13 - 2011-10-04 16:05:43 UTC
Shana Matika wrote:
xVx dreadnaught wrote:

But more to the point and this is something that baffles me... is why don't the mission runners join us more often? I know you may like to run things solo, and you may duelbox 3-4 accounts and make a ton more money per hour with lvl 4 grinding. But most of the incursion groups work together as a good bunchand we get along having a good time as well as making isk. Come join us and have some fun while the incursion is in town. If you don't have a good time and decide to go back to missions when they finish just wave the caravan goodbye when we head to the next one. But we would be glad for more people to tag along.



Edit and grml: Forum eat my wall of text....

Shortversion:

Time: When you have 1h in the evening and don't know when you havve to go offline missions are the only viable option.

Also: Log in and start playing vs. log in and look hours after hours for your fleet ... guess what wins for people like me with short timeframes for play!


How about log in and start a fleet up yourself? Cool
xVx dreadnaught
Space Telentics Systems Inc
#14 - 2011-10-04 16:28:48 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
Shana Matika wrote:
xVx dreadnaught wrote:

But more to the point and this is something that baffles me... is why don't the mission runners join us more often? I know you may like to run things solo, and you may duelbox 3-4 accounts and make a ton more money per hour with lvl 4 grinding. But most of the incursion groups work together as a good bunchand we get along having a good time as well as making isk. Come join us and have some fun while the incursion is in town. If you don't have a good time and decide to go back to missions when they finish just wave the caravan goodbye when we head to the next one. But we would be glad for more people to tag along.



Edit and grml: Forum eat my wall of text....

Shortversion:

Time: When you have 1h in the evening and don't know when you havve to go offline missions are the only viable option.

Also: Log in and start playing vs. log in and look hours after hours for your fleet ... guess what wins for people like me with short timeframes for play!


How about log in and start a fleet up yourself? Cool


(building the chain up even longer)

Yup, it makes me feel rotten when I need to log off to go sleep, with no one willing to take over as FC from a fleet. I mean it's the simplest job in the world. learn what happens inside the pockets. make sure your fleet is able to do the sites you're setting up to do and broadcast the location... the rest can be delegated to other people.
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#15 - 2011-10-04 16:54:16 UTC
xVx dreadnaught wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
Shana Matika wrote:
xVx dreadnaught wrote:

But more to the point and this is something that baffles me... is why don't the mission runners join us more often? I know you may like to run things solo, and you may duelbox 3-4 accounts and make a ton more money per hour with lvl 4 grinding. But most of the incursion groups work together as a good bunchand we get along having a good time as well as making isk. Come join us and have some fun while the incursion is in town. If you don't have a good time and decide to go back to missions when they finish just wave the caravan goodbye when we head to the next one. But we would be glad for more people to tag along.



Edit and grml: Forum eat my wall of text....

Shortversion:

Time: When you have 1h in the evening and don't know when you havve to go offline missions are the only viable option.

Also: Log in and start playing vs. log in and look hours after hours for your fleet ... guess what wins for people like me with short timeframes for play!


How about log in and start a fleet up yourself? Cool


(building the chain up even longer)

Yup, it makes me feel rotten when I need to log off to go sleep, with no one willing to take over as FC from a fleet. I mean it's the simplest job in the world. learn what happens inside the pockets. make sure your fleet is able to do the sites you're setting up to do and broadcast the location... the rest can be delegated to other people.


Hmpf!
A real FC does the tagging, logi chain, broadcasts/warps and the boosting in the fleet.
Cool

But I tend to dualbox and eat dinner as well.
Bear
xVx dreadnaught
Space Telentics Systems Inc
#16 - 2011-10-04 19:01:36 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
xVx dreadnaught wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
Shana Matika wrote:
xVx dreadnaught wrote:

But more to the point and this is something that baffles me... is why don't the mission runners join us more often? I know you may like to run things solo, and you may duelbox 3-4 accounts and make a ton more money per hour with lvl 4 grinding. But most of the incursion groups work together as a good bunchand we get along having a good time as well as making isk. Come join us and have some fun while the incursion is in town. If you don't have a good time and decide to go back to missions when they finish just wave the caravan goodbye when we head to the next one. But we would be glad for more people to tag along.



Edit and grml: Forum eat my wall of text....

Shortversion:

Time: When you have 1h in the evening and don't know when you havve to go offline missions are the only viable option.

Also: Log in and start playing vs. log in and look hours after hours for your fleet ... guess what wins for people like me with short timeframes for play!


How about log in and start a fleet up yourself? Cool


(building the chain up even longer)

Yup, it makes me feel rotten when I need to log off to go sleep, with no one willing to take over as FC from a fleet. I mean it's the simplest job in the world. learn what happens inside the pockets. make sure your fleet is able to do the sites you're setting up to do and broadcast the location... the rest can be delegated to other people.


Hmpf!
A real FC does the tagging, logi chain, broadcasts/warps and the boosting in the fleet.
Cool

But I tend to dualbox and eat dinner as well.
Bear



Yeah, an FC that want's to be burnt out and coddle his fleet all day... I usually assign a SC for logi's that deals with Ore drops and cap chain, DPS SC deals with tags and if I'm being really sneaky I'll have someone else manage the waiting list (cos my fleets are so popular and when we run it tends to be DT to DT... unless I'm at college)
Cambarus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2011-10-04 19:37:51 UTC
Ammzi wrote:

Hmpf!
A real FC does the tagging, logi chain, broadcasts/warps and the boosting in the fleet.
Cool

But I tend to dualbox and eat dinner as well.
Bear

Confirming your FCs don't do enough. A REAL FC can do all that and be the DPS as well Cool
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#18 - 2011-10-04 19:42:19 UTC
A monocle-owner confirmed my post.
This is truly an epic day.

Dreadnaught, your argument is invalid!
xVx dreadnaught
Space Telentics Systems Inc
#19 - 2011-10-04 20:49:22 UTC
Hey no argument... do it if you like.

Just means I can sit all back of the bus and ****... racking in the iskies

Maybe I'll buy myself a monocle!