These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

All BPs, Reactions, and Datacore Calculator - EVE Isk per Hour! (w/Crucible)

Author
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-09-26 20:02:48 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:
I've just installed 1.3 and starting to set it up.

Will it find blueprints that are in containers? both personal and corp, most of mine are in cans to keep them organised.

thx

Emma

Yep. I do the same thing :)

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#22 - 2011-09-27 15:05:50 UTC
I'm having problems with it finding corp blueprints, it finds 3 that are loose in the hangars, but not the ones in containers, and also, it doesn't get the research levels on them.

I set a corporation key for me, as I'm the ceo, imported that as well as my personal key, and it shows just the 3.

Any ideas?
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-09-27 23:08:25 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:
I'm having problems with it finding corp blueprints, it finds 3 that are loose in the hangars, but not the ones in containers, and also, it doesn't get the research levels on them.

I set a corporation key for me, as I'm the ceo, imported that as well as my personal key, and it shows just the 3.

Any ideas?

I'll take a look at the corp bps. That has worked fine in the past. Do you have them marked as owned? There might be an issue with duplicate personal and corp bp's that you mark. I'll take a look at it.

On the ME and PE thing, that data doesn't come with your assets (I really wish it would). I have to pull that from your industry jobs data but that data is limited (mine has nothing but invention and manufacturing jobs for the past 3 weeks in it) and research done in a corp is in the corp industry jobs, not personal. If you do research in a corp then leave the corp and rejoin, you lose the data again. Needless to say it's a huge pita and I'm not sure if I'll put the work into implementing it.

Let me know if you have any ideas on how I can improve the BP management screen to make the pain a bit less...painful.

Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#24 - 2011-09-28 01:32:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Ten Bulls
I really like the datacore tool.

Bug;
- On one of my characters it thinks i cannot access agents that i do have access to, workaround is to tike the box to "Include Agents I Cannon Access"

Feature Request;
- The tick boxes for "High Security Agents, " "Low Security Agents and "Include Agents I Cannot Access" are reset when a new character is made default, it would be good if the existing values for those boxes was kept as they where.
- Add new tick boxes to limit agents by region, or sovereignty, some characters cant fly to all areas due to bad standings or faction warfare. Also some players just want to be lazy and dont want to fly all over high sec and would rather choose the best agents within a few regions or jumps.

A new feature i would like to see somewhere is a way to calculate the cost of producing a BPC at a POS, and be able to feed that into the invention calculator. Its a big ask though as it would need POS layout to be entered and a way of deciding how to account for the cost of the copy slots out of the total cost of running the POS.

Thanks
Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#25 - 2011-09-28 04:29:36 UTC
Zifrian wrote:

I'll take a look at the corp bps. That has worked fine in the past. Do you have them marked as owned? There might be an issue with duplicate personal and corp bp's that you mark. I'll take a look at it.

On the ME and PE thing, that data doesn't come with your assets (I really wish it would). I have to pull that from your industry jobs data but that data is limited (mine has nothing but invention and manufacturing jobs for the past 3 weeks in it) and research done in a corp is in the corp industry jobs, not personal. If you do research in a corp then leave the corp and rejoin, you lose the data again. Needless to say it's a huge pita and I'm not sure if I'll put the work into implementing it.

Let me know if you have any ideas on how I can improve the BP management screen to make the pain a bit less...painful.

When I tried to get the corp assets, I didn't have anything marked as owned, and it found the 3 that were not in cans, I can't remember what I tried, I've moved them around a bit so they're probably all in cans at the moment as it can't find any.
What I'll do is move some loose to a hangar, move a can full to my assets, and move a few loose to my assets along with an alts assets to try and see what's going on, then when I get back from work they'll have had time to do the api stuff and show up.

As for the managing blueprints screen, it's a major pita having to put in me/pe each time, clicking the update blueprint and then clicking the ok, then clicking the uncheck all, then selecting the next blueprint.
What would be easier is if you could alter the figures for multiple blueprints in the top part where they're listed and then update rather than having to do them individually.
Kagan Storm
Doomheim
#26 - 2011-09-28 12:11:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagan Storm
I just have 1 question....

Why are you making a tool like this? It just helps people... And after this tool starts to function properly and the way its suppose to..... Game over.... nothing else needs to be made..

Bravo on a good job... i have an excel sheet that already does all of this..... Bust seriously i would never give it to anybody just because of the time it took to make it. If you wanna go down in history you can forget it cause i have no clue who made EvEmon, and i use it every day i and i just dont care on who made it and im never gonna even bother with trying to find out :)

But this is just a little bit to far.....

on the + side you take prices form sites that can be manipulated so its not all over :)

You get a +2 from me for making this program and -1 for making it public...... Oops

My ego is the the size of my carriers jump range.

Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#27 - 2011-09-28 14:27:07 UTC
Given the number of people that already have their blueprint data on spreadsheets, can you work on an import facility, as long as people know the format they need to use, then it's easy enough to convert your own data to the new format for importing.

I see in the settings there's a save data as csv, what data is it, how do you export it, and if the file is modified, will it still recognise it?
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2011-09-28 14:34:10 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:
Given the number of people that already have their blueprint data on spreadsheets, can you work on an import facility, as long as people know the format they need to use, then it's easy enough to convert your own data to the new format for importing.

I see in the settings there's a save data as csv, what data is it, how do you export it, and if the file is modified, will it still recognise it?

That's not a bad idea but linking the data could get confusing. People probably don't use the exact names of the Blueprints and if you don't have the ID number in the database, probably a lot of mismatches could occur. I could just output the names and numbers for people to use but I will check into making the management window easier to use as you suggested first.

Saving data as CSV is just the general setting for the shopping list and other areas where you can copy/export data to the clipboard. It's not saving it to a file.

On your other issues, thanks for letting me know. I'm hoping to get them fixed soon but in the middle of a bigger update than I thought it would be right now.

Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#29 - 2011-09-28 15:38:02 UTC
Yeah I see your point about importing data and blueprint names, I've just looked at the database and it would be nice (although not sure how much work it is) in the OWNED_BLUEPRINTS table, to have the blueprint name as well as the id, saves a lookup if I want to edit them en mass in either access or exporting the data to excel to edit. If it's loads of work then it's no great hassle to do a lookup.

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2011-09-29 00:26:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
Kagan Storm wrote:
I just have 1 question....

Why are you making a tool like this? It just helps people... And after this tool starts to function properly and the way its suppose to..... Game over.... nothing else needs to be made..

Bravo on a good job... i have an excel sheet that already does all of this..... Bust seriously i would never give it to anybody just because of the time it took to make it. If you wanna go down in history you can forget it cause i have no clue who made EvEmon, and i use it every day i and i just dont care on who made it and im never gonna even bother with trying to find out :)

But this is just a little bit to far.....

on the + side you take prices form sites that can be manipulated so its not all over :)

You get a +2 from me for making this program and -1 for making it public...... Oops

This tool started out as a quick shopping list for T2 production I was doing, and then I made it do a lot of other stuff. I just like tinkering with this as a hobby project and putting it out there for others is just part of the project for me. So no fame, money, etc. Yes, I've spent a number of hours on this over the year but it's just to build a program like this and try to make it better.

Thanks for the suggestion that nothing else needs to be made, but there are so many other factors to production that this only reduces some of the pain. There is plenty more to it all. Smile

Ten Bulls wrote:
I really like the datacore tool.

Bug;
- On one of my characters it thinks i cannot access agents that i do have access to, workaround is to tike the box to "Include Agents I Cannon Access"

Feature Request;
- The tick boxes for "High Security Agents, " "Low Security Agents and "Include Agents I Cannot Access" are reset when a new character is made default, it would be good if the existing values for those boxes was kept as they where.
- Add new tick boxes to limit agents by region, or sovereignty, some characters cant fly to all areas due to bad standings or faction warfare. Also some players just want to be lazy and dont want to fly all over high sec and would rather choose the best agents within a few regions or jumps.

A new feature i would like to see somewhere is a way to calculate the cost of producing a BPC at a POS, and be able to feed that into the invention calculator. Its a big ask though as it would need POS layout to be entered and a way of deciding how to account for the cost of the copy slots out of the total cost of running the POS.

Thanks

I haven't been able to track down that bug in the access to R&D agents. I could debug it easier if you could send me a Key in an EVE Mail that just has your standings and char sheet and a name of the agent giving you issues, I could probably find it easier. I'll try and tinker with it some more but I can't reproduce it with my accounts

On the Features requests:
- I'll try and get the screens to not reset what you have checked, only what a new char would change. Thanks for the suggestion.
- Someone suggested earlier that I add a "X jumps from system" option. I haven't been able to look at that yet, and it might be a bit of a pain but adding sov should be easy to do. Region would be easy as well. I'll try and add both in a future update.
- The last one, I already have something like this on the list. Basically it'll be up to the user to determine what it costs per hour for fuel and I'll add some logic to calculate the estimated BPC cost. It'll be a bit before I get to that though.

Good suggestions, Thanks!

Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#31 - 2011-09-29 10:13:19 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
Kagan Storm wrote:

[quote=Ten Bulls]I really like the datacore tool.

Bug;

I haven't been able to track down that bug in the access to R&D agents. I could debug it easier if you could send me a Key in an EVE Mail that just has your standings and char sheet and a name of the agent giving you issues, I could probably find it easier. I'll try and tinker with it some more but I can't reproduce it with my accounts

Actually, i think i worked it out.

The characters that have the problem have no faction standings (not 0.0, NULL), but high corp standings

These characters have never done storyline mission or anything else that affects faction standings (actually did it to make it easier for corp to hang a POS)
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2011-10-01 03:29:30 UTC
The following changes included in this patch:

Build 1.3.4290.29349
* Fixed error in Manfuacturing screen that showed incorrect ME/PE values for users with owned T2 BPO's
* The default setting for copy runs for invention will now be Maximum for Non-Ships and Minimum for ships
* Fixed a bug that did not scan corporation blueprints that were stored in a container within the corporation's hanger
* Added options to see whether scanned blueprints are copies or originals
* You can now mark an owned blueprint as a copy but this will have no effect on how it is used in calcuations
* Fixed a bug in the datacore tab that did not load datacores for characters that had no standing with the Agent's corporation

Emma and Ten Bulls, your issues should have been corrected. Please let me know if you have any issues.

On the ability to change ME/PE in the grid, I'm working on a change but it's more difficult than I expected. I also want to do this for updating prices.

Kagan Storm
Doomheim
#33 - 2011-10-02 11:10:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagan Storm
Zifrian wrote:

This tool started out as a quick shopping list for T2 production I was doing, and then I made it do a lot of other stuff. I just like tinkering with this as a hobby project and putting it out there for others is just part of the project for me. So no fame, money, etc. Yes, I've spent a number of hours on this over the year but it's just to build a program like this and try to make it better.

Thanks for the suggestion that nothing else needs to be made, but there are so many other factors to production that this only reduces some of the pain. There is plenty more to it all. Smile

I tough i asked the question and was waiting for replay... got a bit mad but then i noticed i never actually asked you....Oops

Why are you giving this to eve community?

Other then the obvious of crashing the prices of t2 bpos? IdeaPirateBear

Would like the honest replay since you said you are not in it for fame and money.... And you obviously wont meet chicks with this Cool

My ego is the the size of my carriers jump range.

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2011-10-02 13:01:23 UTC
I just have fun doing it and it gives me something else to do with the game. As other suggest input, it gives me new ideas to improve on my project and do some programming that I haven't done in years. There is no real other reason.

Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#35 - 2011-10-05 00:57:51 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:

Any ideas?

Not sure about the containers part but currently API does not support displaying ME/PE levels.

I've installed this tool today and it's an amazing piece of programming. Very clean, so far bug free, and an absolute time saver.

Thank you so much!!!

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#36 - 2011-10-05 01:01:11 UTC
Quick question, under "Application Settings" There's an option to checkmark "Build Comparisons / Default Build/Buy" What is that for?

Thanks again, and guys send him your ISK if you like the program so that he keeps up the good work Blink

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2011-10-05 01:18:55 UTC
Niko Lorenzio wrote:
Quick question, under "Application Settings" There's an option to checkmark "Build Comparisons / Default Build/Buy" What is that for?

Thanks again, and guys send him your ISK if you like the program so that he keeps up the good work Blink

On the Blueprint screen there is a checkbox that is "Calculate Optimal" which does the Build/Buy comparison. If you check this in settings, it will always be checked on Blueprints when you use the program.

I need to work on the settings a bit better but that's down the road a bit.

Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#38 - 2011-10-06 02:44:58 UTC
"An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.
Please copy the data below for sending to developer.

Source: Microsoft.VisualBasic
Message: Conversion from string "82.52%" to type 'Double' is not valid.

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System: Windows 7

.Net Version: have no idea
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred: Manufacturing List
Steps to reproduce the Error: I hit "Export Table" with a big list of inventable ammo/drones

Thanks!"

WallE3
I like space and spaceships
xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
#39 - 2011-10-06 16:24:24 UTC  |  Edited by: WallE3
An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.
Please copy the data below for sending to developer.

Source: EVE Isk per Hour
Message: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

.Net Version: looks to be 4
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred: Upon start up
Steps to reproduce the Error: Start the program

Thanks!

also having api import problem
Bormegil
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2011-10-06 19:09:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bormegil
I got the same error as both of the above after my second launch of the application; I wiped the install (twice) and got it to run again. Though now it refuses to import my character, telling me that:

"There was an error in key data. Web site database temporarily disabled."

Which I'm assuming might actually be a server-side problem, and not with the client? It gives me the same message for all three custom-generated APIs, so I gave up after that.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit