These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

So long...and thanks for all the Goons.

First post
Author
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#21 - 2012-05-11 14:19:08 UTC
According to results of exodus-2011 massive subscribers base leak means "CCP won't relax as much as before and game will be a bit better soon". I guess we should thank Goons and hulkageddon's authors for their activity - as well as leaving subscribers - for forcing CCP to work more / faster.

Thanks and bye!
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#22 - 2012-05-11 14:21:14 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Nothing is wrong with threatening to Purge someone.

Doing it is another thing entirely.

"The purpose of the Death Squad is to hunt down and punish every bleating pubbie who has felt that they could hide behind Concord and speak out against us without fear. In nullsec we have fought wars of extermination over seemingly innocuous offenses (such as Tetsujin’s sig)‚ yet human garbage lіke Jade Constantine and Issler Dainze reside securely, squatting in their empire shitholes, squawking about Goonswarm with no risk. No more.

The Death Ѕquad will sow terror among those who think themselves safe from us. Bounties will be paid for the killmails of our enemies; they will be hunted down with locator agents, scouted out by neutral characters, and purged."

They reinforced a POS.

I suppose if I tell you to "get lost" you would describe that as forcing you into exile.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Pinstar Colton
Sweet Asteroid Acres
#23 - 2012-05-11 14:38:34 UTC
You realize this is exactly what they want?

I'm sad to see a fellow industrialist depart like this, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

In the cat-and-mouse game that is low sec, there is no shame in learning to be a better mouse.

Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage
#24 - 2012-05-11 14:48:02 UTC
Let's see, I find the Goons to be very entertaining, while my few interactions with the OP have been... unpleasant.

Goons win!

♪ They'll always be bloodclaws to me ♫

Connaght Badasaz
Lewis and Clark Inc.
#25 - 2012-05-11 15:00:44 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
The best way for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

Actions have consequences.

Edit: Inappropriate part removed, CCP Phantom

Take arrows in the forehead, never the back

Danks
Fat Angry Toe Tappin Inbreds
#26 - 2012-05-11 15:02:11 UTC
As a counterpoint, I resubbed to check out the hullabaloo regarding Burn Jita and Hulkageddon. I like where I'm seeing the game go, I might just resub my other two accounts.

I love that your words had consiquences, that's how Eve should be. If you're surprised by this or didn't think anyone would take action on your stupid blathering, well you have yourself and your idiocy to blame.

Also, not a goon alt my only contact in game with them was fighting wars against them in 05-06 when I was with the MC.
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#27 - 2012-05-11 15:17:14 UTC
The best part about this thread is the complete lack of sympathy for the OP that the OP clearly thought he would be getting.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Machine Delta
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-05-11 16:29:38 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
I'm so proud to have mouthed off enough to make 'the mittani's List".

What a bunch of babies. lol 10's of Thousands against 8 toons and 3 RL persons.

Fair fight is fair ? Or, if a fair fight in EVE, something is wrong ?

So brave and impressive.

"Gosh, we are all really impressed 'down here.'".

Lol, you said this only a day before.
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2012-05-11 16:48:46 UTC
So, your quitting because EVE is a sandbox and people like to kick sand?

[email protected]!

I love EVE because the game weeds out the pussies and the idiots.

FC, what do?

highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2012-05-11 16:57:42 UTC
Goons and the CFC as a whole, operate within the EULA

If OP is mad that EVE is a sandbox and the goons have figured out how to better at eve than everyone else, then I'm glad he is leaving.

FC, what do?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#31 - 2012-05-11 17:04:46 UTC
Pinstar Colton wrote:
You realize this is exactly what they want?

I'm sad to see a fellow industrialist depart like this, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dear industrialist,

Your share of the industrialist market has just increased slightly. Please increase your output and/or prices accordingly and enjoy your greater profits.

Love,

Goons <3

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-05-11 17:16:58 UTC
He had it coming. He was beginning to see Goons everywhere. Sad really.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#33 - 2012-05-11 17:19:48 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
He had it coming. He was beginning to see Goons everywhere. Sad really.

Paranoia, it's a sad thing.

If that rifter flying past the station chemtrailing you? It is, oh no... it's even in an NPC corp... hm. A rifter... better not undock.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-05-11 17:23:00 UTC
Someone was asking for famous happenings and key events. Welp,we are witnessing one right here. How not to take yourself so srsly.
Whitehound
#35 - 2012-05-11 17:23:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
EVE needs more super heros.

Goons have an army, but we have the Hulk!

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Richter Enderas
Kaesong Kosmonauts
#36 - 2012-05-11 17:35:33 UTC
"oh no the goonies shot my moonie so now i can't make iskies on my toonies gonna just quit o7 m8s"
Metal Icarus
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#37 - 2012-05-11 18:13:16 UTC
So I hear you all want to be safe from Goonery, go to null, get friends, form a coalition, make more friends, form a coalition of coalitions. Repeat until half of null is blue, then attack goons.

Then like cancer they will come back.

Every good game needs an antagonist, the difference here is that they are not NPC, they are people. They are killible just like every other alliance is, it just would take a huge coalition to kill the goons.

If you are leaving because of goons, Eve Online was not the game for you in the first place.

Malak Dawnfire
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2012-05-11 19:30:20 UTC
Goons make this game worth playing, I'm hoping one day I get enough skills + a decent ship and can go down to null sec and chase them around. P
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2012-05-11 19:32:00 UTC
In null space Goons chase you.
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-05-11 20:16:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Sigurd Sig Hansen
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
It is so ingrained, imbedded, the only way to fight the Goons is to fight CCP.

And there is something deeply wrong about that picture.

And there are not nearly enough of you attacking on that front.

IMO, true. The only way CCP will be made to care is to get enough people to stop playing. They showed that this summer.

Nice to see the mods enforcing the rules and locking

I quit threads

Trolling threads

Flaming threads

...yeah, way to show that total non bias gais.

Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Haven't seen any of those eve mails posted yet. You can do it in style, put them in a video with a transparent image of the pilot on the right side and have a narrator read the letter for us like they do in war documentaries.

OR he can ACTUALLY do it in style, stop reading the thread and leave.
NOT do it all Mittani at Fanfest style to indulge your voyeuristic fapping

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Previous page123Next page