These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Escalation to Agony: Pay for safety

First post
Author
Fossor Wintersky
Ordinus Ursorum Cautorum
#1 - 2012-05-11 11:25:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Fossor Wintersky
One of GM said that I can wrote my ideas here on RUSSIAN language.

CCP creates new mechanics of off wars - now you can declare war with just one click. Alright, alright, 3 clicks, with no voiting or anything else.

High sec manufacturers must suffer! There is no way to hire defenders by current EVE mechanics.

Yep, CCP promised to do it, one day, in the summer.. may be. And for now you MUST suffer. Do you undock in Jita?

Do you afraid of suicide? Who cares if we can just declare off war to you and undock book won't save you.

Let's see how it works for group of asses like these whos life became easy:

What do we have:

Jita, 3 corporations: Caldari star corp, Incursion Suppression Corp, Blockade Assets, perhaps there are some others.
Characters: Davlin Lot'ze, Aron Morat, Ethan Fletcher, Lester Nyxian, Andrian Caldar, Val Stryker and few more (2-3 people).

If you look in charcter history of anyone of these, you will see how they change corporations on everyday basis. But why only these 3 corporations...

These scheme works this way:

1. CEO of first corporation declare war to some random corporation and they send mail "pay 250mil and we cancel war". It doesn't matter what you answer of this question.
  2. In a few days you see how 6-7 characters(which where creared in 2005) joins first corporation, come to your home and have fun untill they tired. If they tired - they cancel war, leaves corp, and declare war from the second corporation. And again they send letter pay and we cancel war.
  3. ???
  4. PROFIT

Repeat untill the end of world.

==================================================

Currient patch doesn't give players ANY single way to be protected from this situation.
Where is promised mechanics of hiring mercenary? Where is it??

More than that, there is no protection for situation when you pay them and they just keep war going or canceled and declared it again in a few days.

I see only one way to solve this problem:

Protection from CONCORD or Fraction Military Forces.

I don't mind of paying Concord every month so nobody can trouble me.
I pay sum for concord protection and those who wants declare war should pay more than said sum.

Example: I pay 1 bil isks for protection (2 plexes in currient prices). And if somebody want to declare me off war he must pay > 1 bil isks.

It's all. Of course one who gets such protection loses right to:
  • delcare war to anyone (if he declares the contract for protectionес gets canceled and you can't renew it for some period (let's say 3 months) and of course you don't get money back.
  • you can't be someone's mercenary with same terms as above.

• You'll say: "Oh, it's JUST 2 plexes.". And I will answer - it's taking isks out of game which CCP cares about (if we belive official statements)

It's effective and final way of taking isks out of game.

And at currient moment, while I'm in war with these asses, I'm taking it as harassment.

It's for the first look. For the second, declaring war to corpotation of two people should cost more than corporation of 200 people.

Thanks, CCP! It was great Happy Birthday gift! Wardec from undock killers.

Thanx Illiet for translate this.
    L0rdF1end
    Gang Bang You're Dead
    Wrecktical Supremacy.
    #2 - 2012-05-11 11:35:44 UTC
    Care to write an English version?
    Fossor Wintersky
    Ordinus Ursorum Cautorum
    #3 - 2012-05-11 11:39:17 UTC
    L0rdF1end wrote:
    Care to write an English version?

Sorry, my english is VERY poor. Use google translate? No, thanx Blink

But I'll try later.
    Tchulen
    Trumpets and Bookmarks
    #4 - 2012-05-11 11:41:07 UTC
    Having tried Google Translate and found it to be basically unreadable I would have to agree with L0rdF1end.

Without an English version not that many people who read this forum will understand what you're trying to get across.

CCP Spitfire
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #5 - 2012-05-11 12:34:15 UTC
    Тема перенесена в соответствующий раздел русскоязычного форума.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Buzzy Warstl
    Quantum Flux Foundry
    #6 - 2012-05-11 12:40:22 UTC
    It's an interesting idea, and does address one of the weaknesses of the wardec system in a lore-compatible way (since the wardec fee is bribing CONCORD to allow aggression).

I don't think it would be implemented in this way, however, due to the EvE game design philosophy.

And thanks for the translation.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

CCP Spitfire
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #7 - 2012-05-11 12:42:13 UTC
    ... and back to Features & Ideas since the original post was translated into English.

Please note that posts in other languages are not permitted in this forum section.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Fossor Wintersky
    Ordinus Ursorum Cautorum
    #8 - 2012-05-11 12:42:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Fossor Wintersky
    Thanx for moving back. GM gives me only link to this forum.

At russian forum I can see a tons of flood :(

Buzzy Warstl wrote:

I don't think it would be implemented in this way, however, due to the EvE game design philosophy.

Sounds very bad :(
    Im Super Gay
    Hedion University
    Amarr Empire
    #9 - 2012-05-11 12:55:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Im Super Gay
    Google translate works fine for individual words, but is a failure at conveying the intended meaning of a sentence/paragraph. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what the op is asking for, something about being able to defend against random corp hoppers on the deccing side?
    Fossor Wintersky
    Ordinus Ursorum Cautorum
    #10 - 2012-05-11 13:01:38 UTC
    Im Super Gay wrote:
    Unfortunately I don't know exactly what the op is asking for, something about being able to defend against random corp hoppers on the deccing side?

My friend translates my post to english. Please, read english version.

It's about protection from wardecks.