These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Built by

Author
blood hauler
The Art of War
#1 - 2012-05-08 15:01:45 UTC
Does anyone else every wish that every ship/item/module had a tag in the attributes saying who build the item
Jajas Helper
#2 - 2012-05-08 15:03:29 UTC
blood hauler wrote:
Does anyone else every wish that every ship/item/module had a tag in the attributes saying who build the item

i'd be to famous after a while... but you can always rename your ships to " build by Jajas Helper" or something...

Inferno do _stuff _with _stuff _to imitate the _stuff _you could do faster with the old stuff

-stuff-

DitchDigger
Hibi Proletariat
#3 - 2012-05-08 15:49:34 UTC
They would not be able to stack if that was the case.
shar'ra matcevsovski
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-05-08 15:51:59 UTC
blood hauler wrote:

way too much effort for a very low benefit

shar'ra phone home

Hayaishi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-05-08 18:32:38 UTC
What OP mentions was brought up at the 2011 Fanfest. They said they have the ability and server power to do this. Ships will show either which corp or player produced this ship, and where, when, etc.

It's just a matter of getting them to implement it.
Roklicker
Raging Kiwis
#6 - 2012-05-08 19:28:38 UTC
blood hauler wrote:

Yeah I have to say I would like to see this happen, even if just on ship hulls (although on everything except consumables would be cool too).

It is done in a number of other MMO's with a simple tag saying who made the item. If CCP already have the ability to do this, I for one would be quite happy to see it implemented. It would add just that extra bit of feel-good factor to manufacturing things. Big smile

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Pinstar Colton
Sweet Asteroid Acres
#7 - 2012-05-08 19:34:55 UTC
What if I had, say, 10 Punishers. Each built from a different manufacturer. Would I be able to put all 10 up in one market order? If so, how would the system determine which model a buyer gets?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a maker's mark on ship equipment. (Heck, put the manufacturer of the weapon and the ammo on the kill mail so you know who supplied the killing blow).

In the cat-and-mouse game that is low sec, there is no shame in learning to be a better mouse.

Roklicker
Raging Kiwis
#8 - 2012-05-08 19:44:30 UTC
Pinstar Colton wrote:
What if I had, say, 10 Punishers. Each built from a different manufacturer. Would I be able to put all 10 up in one market order? If so, how would the system determine which model a buyer gets?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a maker's mark on ship equipment. (Heck, put the manufacturer of the weapon and the ammo on the kill mail so you know who supplied the killing blow).

I would imagine that, as a previous poster mentioned, if CCP have said they already have the ability to do this then it would not change any of the properties of the item, thus making them group-able as they should be, but might instead have a tab or something attached to each ship that can be viewed when looked at individually. Anything more than this would change game mechanics too much I would think.

It would obviously take more server power to keep track of each item as unique rather than clones of a single item, but hey, CCP said they have it so it should be looked at I reckon.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

VaMei
Meafi Corp
#9 - 2012-05-09 01:48:22 UTC
blood hauler wrote:

If items actually had some kind of quality or variation I'd certainly want my name on it. That was a major part of crafting in SWG; consistently selling quality stuff at a fair price would make a name for you.

In Eve, we don't lovingly craft high quality items; we manufacture widgets and exploit markets to maximize profits. As long as that’s the case, I really don’t want my name on the things I produce.
blood hauler
The Art of War
#10 - 2012-05-10 23:06:42 UTC
Would need to have it so when they was a stack the tag was not displayed, but it would be nice to clear a pvp battle and find out all they modules was built by x
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
#11 - 2012-05-10 23:26:16 UTC
It could add an interesting element to pvp. Say when you find that your so called ally has been supplying the enemy.

No good deed goes unpunished