These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Shot at by faction navies?

Author
Yalneg Splet
Wonderland Without Night
Azure Citizen
#1 - 2012-05-10 20:35:22 UTC
If your NOT in Faction Warfare, what negative standing with another Faction Navy and or Race would cause you to be shot at by them? If someone could point me to the Evelopedia article on this it would be nice (I can't figure out what words to search for)

I hope my question is clear but to illustrate, before Faction Warfare even came out I remember a guy telling me his standing with Caldari (something/somebody) was so bad, he would get shot at by either gate guns or faction Navies every time he entered Caldari space. He was in a normal corp not at war with anyone. I am pretty sure he had positive sec status and this onnly happened in Caldari space I beleive.
Leeroy McJenkins
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-05-10 20:37:10 UTC
It is because of the color of your skin.

I Don't play EVE

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-05-10 20:38:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Standing

Empire navies will engage you on site in their space if you have -5 or lower standing towards their faction.
Cosmoes
Peraka
#4 - 2012-05-10 20:38:48 UTC
-5 iirc
George Whitebread
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-05-10 20:39:06 UTC  |  Edited by: George Whitebread
At faction standings -5.0

"-5 NPC factions will begin shooting you on sight in their space. (-5.0 Modified Personal Standing)"

Article: Standings Mechanics

edit: Damn! I got ninjaed by two people! CryLol

"I say what I like, and I like what I bloody well say" - George Whitebread

Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-05-10 20:41:10 UTC
Leeroy McJenkins wrote:
It is because of the color of your skin.

Or the lack thereof...
"If."
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#7 - 2012-05-10 20:41:59 UTC
If you mission run for one navy, an opposite navy will grow to hate you.

I ran Caldari 4's for years and all those missions telling me to shoot gallante federation ships earned me a hefty -7 for gallante standings. Needless to say I had to train up a little diplomacy to fly through gallante space.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Yalneg Splet
Wonderland Without Night
Azure Citizen
#8 - 2012-05-10 20:46:31 UTC
Thanks for all the helpful replies!
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#9 - 2012-05-10 20:48:00 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
If you mission run for one navy, an opposite navy will grow to hate you.

I ran Caldari 4's for years and all those missions telling me to shoot gallante federation ships earned me a hefty -7 for gallante standings. Needless to say I had to train up a little diplomacy to fly through gallante space.

This. Diplomacy is your friend.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#10 - 2012-05-10 21:09:10 UTC
IIRC - it used to look like this ...

You are subject to attack by faction navy police (not CONCORD, except in systems where CONCORD holds sovereignty, such as Kemerk) if your security status (not faction standing) is:
Below -2 = not in 1.0 sec systems
Below -2.5 = not in 0.9 sec systems
Below -3 = not in 0.8 sec systems
Below -3.5 = not in 0.7 systems
Below -4 = not in 0.6 systems
Below -4.5 = not in 0.5 systems
-5 or below = KOS in all empire
If your security status is -5.0 or lower, you are a kill-on-sight target to other players as well, in all levels of space where Amarr Empire, Caldari State, Gallente Federation, Minmatar Republic, Ammatar Mandate, or Khanid Kingdom holds sovereignty.
This includes certain 0.0 systems. Regardless of security status, if your faction standing is -5.0 or lower, that faction's navy will attack you anywhere in its sovereign space.

Hope this helps

Nothing clever at this time.

Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#11 - 2012-05-10 21:33:00 UTC
Faction Standing Repair Plan

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...