These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE Production Mixer (October 2011 - new stuff)

Author
Wind Jammer
Molden Heath Software Company
#1 - 2011-10-02 02:03:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Wind Jammer
Hello Manufacturers (and as of October 2011, Inventers too Smile),

EVE Production Mixer is a production calculator. It has become popular due to giving you the numbers you want all in one display - no messing around.

http://eveproductionmixer.appspot.com

Thread from old forums

Update v1.2.9, 23 Oct 2011
NEW: Material Level charts

• Each manufacturable item now has a line-chart icon in its ME column. Pressing this will shows a chart plotting the amount of each material saved as the ME value changes. This is intended to quickly identify where the optimum ME level is.
  • A few bug fixes

New for October 2011:
*** Combined invention and manufacturing calculations ***
For any T2 item, the app examines all combinations of decryptors and meta base items, combines the output with build cost and ranks the best ways to produce T2 BPCs.

Screenshot1 - new invention feature
Screenshot2 - T1 capital showing drilldown

A quick overview of the new invention feature:

• Invention costs for all combinations of decryptors and meta base items are presented for any T2 item chosen.
  • Invention costs are ranked, and a quick at-a-glance view is available that shows the difference, in percentage and ISK terms, of different configuration of decryptor/meta base items
  • A detailed breakdown of each configuration of decryptor/meta base item can be seen, showing average success chances, runs, ME, and costs of invention
  • Skills that affect invention have been added
  • A best-guess calculation is made for BPC prices
  • Decryptor, datacore and BPC prices are overrideable.

The new invention feature isn't completely bug free or finished, we'll be tweaking things over the next few days. In the unlikely event you find the new version completely hopeless, the old version can still be accessed at http://1-1-0.eveproductionmixer.appspot.com.

Existing features:

• For T2/T3/capitals, all components/submaterials are in one table with expandable/collapseable sections
  • Shows the build cost against the buy cost
  • Calculates whether you should build or buy components
  • ME can be edited for the main item and components, edits are stored in a cookie
  • Prices can be edited and are stored in a cookie
  • Skills can be specified and saved as a browser cookie
  • Prices are from Eve Central, but can be overriden
  • Shows aggregated materials, again useful for T2 and capitals
  • Works in the IGB
  • No API needed
  • Supports all items in EVE that have a blueprint

Any comments, please evemail me ingame or reply in this thread.
Callean Drevus
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-10-02 07:17:54 UTC
Hey, looks nice!

I especially like the invention calculator. One of the clearest one's I've seen to date. Too bad there is really only one option if you are serious about invention/building the stuff you invent.

Developer/Creator of EVE Marketeer

Joelixxx
Good Day To You
Fraternity University
#3 - 2011-10-02 10:14:32 UTC
Callean Drevus wrote:
Hey, looks nice!

I especially like the invention calculator. One of the clearest one's I've seen to date.

i have to say the same thing ^^

Ive tried a couple of things for invention

lets say i want to invent 100 425mm Autocannon bpc, then it should give you all the requirements to invent the bpc (datacores , etc), as well as the costs of it and then all the materials needed to manufacture all the successful bpc (lets say i have 50.40% of success). or at least it should give you the opportunity to enter the numbers manually that you want to invent or the t2 bpc you want to manufacture and then add it to the materials needed, its cost, etc

ive tried to change in the material detail the quantity of 425mm auto II i want to manufacture but lets say that i enter the number 50 (ive tried on the old version and it lets you do that). the calculator changes the quantity to 19 automatically and sometimes changes the decryptor used by it self and when it does says that i need for the datacores 1 mechanical and 1 nuclear.

i know this is a work in progress, but i takes too much time to update once you change some things. or is it just my Internet connection :P

what do you think of the possibility of adding a shopping list not just for one bpc or bpo (because it already gives you the total materials required), but for several as well for datacores in invention?

Wind Jammer
#4 - 2011-10-23 19:37:14 UTC
Hello Joelixx,

Joelixxx wrote:

Ive tried a couple of things for invention

lets say i want to invent 100 425mm Autocannon bpc, then it should give you all the requirements to invent the bpc (datacores , etc), as well as the costs of it and then all the materials needed to manufacture all the successful bpc (lets say i have 50.40% of success). or at least it should give you the opportunity to enter the numbers manually that you want to invent or the t2 bpc you want to manufacture and then add it to the materials needed, its cost, etc

You're right. The production quantity has been linked to whichever invention option was chosen. This means that when you try to enter your own quantity, the system always overrides it. I'm going to sort this out Smile

Quote:

ive tried to change in the material detail the quantity of 425mm auto II i want to manufacture but lets say that i enter the number 50 (ive tried on the old version and it lets you do that). the calculator changes the quantity to 19 automatically and sometimes changes the decryptor used by it self and when it does says that i need for the datacores 1 mechanical and 1 nuclear.

I fixed the '19' bug a few weeks ago. I thought I'd replied to your post already but it must have got lost amongst all that Zydrine Wine I've been drinking Smile

Quote:

i know this is a work in progress, but i takes too much time to update once you change some things. or is it just my Internet connection :P

It should be more obvious in the user interface, but you can 'mass-update' a batch of ME and quantity values without the system refreshing the page each time. Just press tab or use the up/down/left/right cursors after you've typed. When you've finished changing everything press return and the numbers will be recalculated.

Quote:

what do you think of the possibility of adding a shopping list not just for one bpc or bpo (because it already gives you the total materials required), but for several as well for datacores in invention?

People keep asking for this, but er, I keep getting distracted. It's definitely next on the list. Oops

Wind Jammer
#5 - 2011-10-23 19:48:36 UTC
NEW: Material Level charts

v1.2.9, added 23 Oct 2011

• Each manufacturable item now has a line-chart icon in its ME column. Pressing this will shows a chart plotting the amount of each material saved as the ME value changes. This is intended to quickly identify where the optimum ME level is.
  • A few bug fixes
Laboratory Rat
Red Right Hand
#6 - 2011-10-24 20:37:02 UTC
This is an excellent app. I'm finding it really useful.

In the bottom Total Materials section it'd be great if it also showed total cost.
Sayo Kisuke
CreoDron Technical RnD
#7 - 2011-10-31 19:48:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Sayo Kisuke
First off, amazing tool! Good work.

I noticed sometimes the program chooses max run BPC when actually a single run BPC is higher profit due to the time required to copy a max run BPC (such as for some ships and covert ops cloaking II). I would suggest including an ISK/hr functionality into the invention section as this is the second piece to the puzzle as an industrialist - maximizing your slot efficiency to generate income. You could also include whether or not the build the components depending on how long it takes to put all the pieces together...the logic to properly implement the latter may be far to difficult though.

Also check out T2 ammo numbers...they seem a bit off Smile

Finally, you may want to add the profit/loss for the 'combined cost per unit' vs 'market price'. Maybe just print the amount of isk and then color the text depending on profit/loss.

Much props on the layout and all the work put into the tool. Very very good...I may not have to use EVE-HQ in parallel to my spreadsheets once ya add a few things!

o7
Sayo
Wind Jammer
#8 - 2011-10-31 23:31:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Wind Jammer
Sayo Kisuke wrote:
First off, amazing tool! Good work.

I noticed sometimes the program chooses max run BPC when actually a single run BPC is higher profit due to the time required to copy a max run BPC (such as for some ships and covert ops cloaking II). I would suggest including an ISK/hr functionality into the invention section as this is the second piece to the puzzle as an industrialist - maximizing your slot efficiency to generate income. You could also include whether or not the build the components depending on how long it takes to put all the pieces together...the logic to properly implement the latter may be far to difficult though.

The one-run/max-run decision is based on the T2 BPC runs outcome. That is, where you can get a BPC outcome with more than 1-run, a max-run BPC will always be suggested. So basically, it picks a max-run for all mods, as well as sny ship invention using a greater than +1 runs decryptor. But hrmmm, you raise a very interesting point that I've never thought about Question: could losing units 9 of covert ops cloaking IIs and gaining quicker copy times be better?

You're right that the tool is purely ISK based. I've just done a bit of maths for a few modules, and adding a time dimension (copy-time + invention time) would shake up some of the numbers. Time isn't a factor for some people of course, so I think the current pure-ISK analysis will remain as well as any new time-ISK figures. Anyway, this is great stuff, I'll have a good think about it. Big smile

Adding the time dimension to production starts to get a bit more tricky. Multiple blueprints for example would complicate the calculations. But, providing we give the option to select your circumstances it could work well. One thing that is on the TODO list is a Critical Path analysis for complex that will show how to avoid, or where the bottlenecks are, if you're building something and all of its components from scratch.

Quote:

Also check out T2 ammo numbers...they seem a bit off Smile

Finally, you may want to add the profit/loss for the 'combined cost per unit' vs 'market price'. Maybe just print the amount of isk and then color the text depending on profit/loss.

Yeah ammo is dodgy P.

Quote:

Much props on the layout and all the work put into the tool. Very very good...I may not have to use EVE-HQ in parallel to my spreadsheets once ya add a few things!

Your comments are much appreciated, as is your time you've spent digging around and thinking about it. Smile The tool is still quite new, so there's plenty left to do and it's under slow-but-steady work. I've already added quite a lot of things that were originally suggestions from users and put a lot more on the TODO list. It originally came about because I struggled to find a tool that would give me combined production + component costs for T2 builds without resoring to spreadsheets, and it's grown since then.

Since EVE Production Mixer appeared, some of the ideas have appeared in other production calculators. So it's good news for all of us industrialists that we have some developers who are engaged in a game of one-upmanship.
Sayo Kisuke
CreoDron Technical RnD
#9 - 2011-11-01 02:27:39 UTC
Wind Jammer wrote:

Your comments are much appreciated, as is your time you've spent digging around and thinking about it. Smile The tool is still quite new, so there's plenty left to do and it's under slow-but-steady work.

You've spent much more time developing your program than I have going over your programs functionality! We owe you feed back for releasing this program to the public!

I've been looking for a total solution to invention which will maximize my ISK/hr and have made some quite extensive spreadsheets trying to crunch the numbers. The hard part was to figure out my slot efficiency...meaning my module inventions only take 5 hrs to copy, 2 hrs to invent and then after the invention the slot is empty for 22 hrs until the next day I start another chain up. Some people may be able to baby their slots...say as a full time job they may get 5 installations. When i analyze the economics this way, ships become much more profitable due to having higher slot efficiency from longer invention times.

Send me an evemail if you'd like to shoot and ideas back and forth.

Again, nice work!

-Sayo
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-11-01 04:34:08 UTC
Yep, I put the build/buy option into EVE IPH based on your program. I also just wanted a simple way to do T2 production so I built my own program lol

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Vartan Sarkisian
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#11 - 2011-11-22 17:25:49 UTC
I have been using this for a few day now using my Corps BPO in order to manufacture items. For me the amount of materials is incorrect though. Ive set the PE to my skills, I've set the ME to the level of the BPO and the numbers are out.

For example. Caldari Shuttle, with an ME of 70 and a PE of 4 it says I need 2604 Tritanium to make. In reality it says I need 2629 Tritanium, and whilst the difference isnt vast it does show a difference and i wonder where else it would show different figures.

If you can advise on this it would be great.
dasjee
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-11-22 17:50:58 UTC
When using the builder for an Obelisk I found that the required number of capital parts did not reflect an improved Obelisk print. In particular the Capital Propulsion number remained at 18 vice going to 15.

Other than that I like this tool. Any chance you'd work on an option to allow a change in regions?
Wind Jammer
#13 - 2011-11-22 22:40:52 UTC
Vartan Sarkisian wrote:
I have been using this for a few day now using my Corps BPO in order to manufacture items. For me the amount of materials is incorrect though. Ive set the PE to my skills, I've set the ME to the level of the BPO and the numbers are out.

For example. Caldari Shuttle, with an ME of 70 and a PE of 4 it says I need 2604 Tritanium to make. In reality it says I need 2629 Tritanium, and whilst the difference isnt vast it does show a difference and i wonder where else it would show different figures.

If you can advise on this it would be great.

Hello Vartan Sarkisian,

There is a known bug where material quantities are wrong when you have Production Efficiency Skill level less than 5. Thankfully not many people have noticed this :) But it will be fixed in the next version.

dasjee: There is also a rounding bug where materials are rounded up instead of down. This will be fixed in the next version. But I don't think that's what you're seeing here. On some odd occasions the page doesn't refresh after you enter a ME value and press return. It sounds like your page isn't refreshing. You should notice a spinny icon appear next to the words "Material Detail" after you press return. This disappears when the new numbers appear. Are you seeing the spinner icon?

Sayo Kisuke
CreoDron Technical RnD
#14 - 2011-12-05 20:40:01 UTC
Bump for updates including new T2 equipment and tier 3 BCs Big smile
Tahna Rouspel
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2011-12-06 05:48:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tahna Rouspel
Very nice, thank you for sharing the tool!

I noticed there was an error with rigs invention chance; base is marked at 25%, but rigs have a 40% base success in game.
Jognu
French Kiss Singularity
#16 - 2012-01-04 19:43:46 UTC
I just discovered, excellent application!

Something that you can add : the assembly array modifier (for T2 ships assembly).

Any plan to create a little API for the materials ?
It would be awesome for integration on existing application !

Something that can take on parameter for example :
- the typeID of the Blueprint
- the production efficiency skill level
- the ME of the blueprint

And which return a list of material, with for each :
- the typeID of the material
- the quantity
- if the material can be build or not

For example a PHP page that take GET parameter and return XML or Json.

EveAI developper: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21803

Wind Jammer
#17 - 2012-01-05 12:25:55 UTC
Tahna Rouspel wrote:
Very nice, thank you for sharing the tool!

I noticed there was an error with rigs invention chance; base is marked at 25%, but rigs have a 40% base success in game.

Ahhh yes, you're right. For some reason I thought it was 25%. The update might be a little while off - newborn baby on the rampage Blink

Wind Jammer
#18 - 2012-01-05 12:50:06 UTC
Jognu wrote:
I just discovered, excellent application!

Something that you can add : the assembly array modifier (for T2 ships assembly).

Any plan to create a little API for the materials ?
It would be awesome for integration on existing application !

Something that can take on parameter for example :
- the typeID of the Blueprint
- the production efficiency skill level
- the ME of the blueprint

And which return a list of material, with for each :
- the typeID of the material
- the quantity
- if the material can be build or not

For example a PHP page that take GET parameter and return XML or Json.

Thanks Jognu. Not saying never, but probably not. The reason is there is no unique data in Production Mixer that isn't available elsewhere. Having said that, I've been thinking about doing an Android version, which would end up connecting to something very similar to what you suggest on the serverside. So who knows Bear

Archille Bae
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-01-05 13:05:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Archille Bae
Sry for the nub question but in the list for invention when it says "Manufactering cost" is it including the price of the materails to make the unit once it has been invented or is that just the cost per unit to invent the bpc at 100%
Jognu
French Kiss Singularity
#20 - 2012-01-05 15:33:13 UTC
Wind Jammer wrote:

Thanks Jognu. Not saying never, but probably not. The reason is there is no unique data in Production Mixer that isn't available elsewhere. Having said that, I've been thinking about doing an Android version, which would end up connecting to something very similar to what you suggest on the serverside. So who knows Bear

You are right, I'll try to get the material list for my existing app with the CCP DB Blink

By the way, don't forget the shopping list Smile

EveAI developper: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21803

12Next page