These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

IF CCP had a RMT system how would it work.

Author
Nate Hill
Rocket No. 9
#21 - 2012-05-10 10:45:19 UTC
Rockius wrote:
Nate Hill wrote:
Any RMT system will ruin the economy which is the foundation of Eve.

Diablo3 is based on its equipment farming, economy is nothing there.So there is a RMT auction house where Blizzard could collect tax.
However I think it's evil.

They are quite different.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

You are welcome.

In detail if there is a RMT system all ISK farmers will farm all day which may cause huge inflation.
It will become a disaster that you may lose the war because your enemies spend more dollars than you.
JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-05-10 10:52:29 UTC  |  Edited by: JitaPriceChecker2
Tippia wrote:
Rockius wrote:
With the release of diablo 3s rmt auction house I got to wondering what if CCP did the same thing and how would it work.
Poorly, since the 5 persons left on TQ would have a hard time finding each other.

i dont think it is about CCP printing items but transactions between players ( whcihc is allready here via PLEX ) - sandbox intact

CCP only takes a cut to pay taxes and so on.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#23 - 2012-05-10 11:03:40 UTC
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
i dont think it is about CCP printing items but transactions between players ( whcihc is allready here via PLEX ) - sandbox intact
I think it's about CCP letting players cash out their in-game assets for real-world money, which is what he's referencing, and which cannot already be done since PLEX is a one-way transaction.

The effect is much the same.
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-05-10 11:05:37 UTC
Rockius wrote:
As I said before this is not a post if they could, would, or should it a simple discussion on how it would work. Not a thread on I will cancel if they do or if the server would see a mass exodus of the player base. Think about it you take out the part about cashing in the virtual currency for cash. Then you are left with what we have now which is a item bought out of game and given value in game which is traded by players by a value determined by players. People buy plex from CCP because they want money to buy ingame items and people buy plex ingame because they want to extend their game time simple supply and demand. How would adding a step that would allow you to redeem the item for a predetermined value minus a nominal fee. Simply think of it as a refund of sorts or like cashing out your chips at a poker game.

In that case, it would work in any fashion CCP deem fit because at that point EVE becomes their game.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#25 - 2012-05-10 11:06:56 UTC
If ccp had an RMT operation it would work something like this.

1. Buy plex from market.
2. Convert plex into nvidia graphics card.
3. Sell graphics card on ebay.

Nate Hill
Rocket No. 9
#26 - 2012-05-10 11:09:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Nate Hill
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

1. Buy plex from market.

LOLBig smile But my card is ATI...Cry
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#27 - 2012-05-10 11:28:15 UTC
Rockius wrote:
CCP would never have to pay out more than they have already than is in circulation since we would have to pay real money to obtain the virtual money. Also with a 10% conversion fee they would be making even more profit and constantly be on top.

In the meantime you have to address the political issue of players quitting the game because they dont like the direction the company is taking.
Rockius
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-05-10 11:49:51 UTC
Quote:
In detail if there is a RMT system all ISK farmers will farm all day which may cause huge inflation.

Don't isk farmers already work all day and night?
Quote:

It will become a disaster that you may lose the war because your enemies spend more dollars than you.

Its already like this. An example would be the recent burn jita event were goons spent billions on ships to blockade the entire system for days.

I
Quote:
n the meantime you have to address the political issue of players quitting the game because they dont like the direction the company is taking.

Which direction would that be?

Great points everyone nice civil and logical keep them coming.
The true worth of a man is to be measured by the objects he pursues. 
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-05-10 11:55:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Nate Hill wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

1. Buy plex from market.

Player buys plex in game or official site: CCP account dude wet his pants

CCP PAY for those GC's with real money to nVidia and offers you the opportunity to get one at best price with Plex. Where is the problem?

There's no problem, just a brilliant idea that will not change whatever for players with enough rl cash, but will give a nice help for players for whatever reason or country they are, to get an awesome GC and play their favourite game.

Every one wins, nVidia selling more stuff, CCP selling more PLEX to fortunate players, players with less fortune changing their in game item for a new GC including shipping for 0 rl cash.

I salute this excellent and brilliant effort that should be recognised as a new and most interesting model in the game industry.
Caldari Acolyte
Shark Enterprises
#30 - 2012-05-10 12:17:30 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Nate Hill wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

1. Buy plex from market.

Player buys plex in game or official site: CCP account dude wet his pants

CCP PAY for those GC's with real money to nVidia and offers you the opportunity to get one at best price with Plex. Where is the problem?

There's no problem, just a brilliant idea that will not change whatever for players with enough rl cash, but will give a nice help for players for whatever reason or country they are, to get an awesome GC and play their favourite game.

Every one wins, nVidia selling more stuff, CCP selling more PLEX to fortunate players, players with less fortune changing their in game item for a new GC including shipping for 0 rl cash.

I salute this excellent and brilliant effort that should be recognised as a new and most interesting model in the game industry.

I too support and/or endorse this product. I have no problem whiping out the old credit card to buy ma Sc or Titan, would save alot of time. CCP make it so.P
Garibaldi Sinatra
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-05-10 12:32:00 UTC
No!

Besides the USD is far to unstable; and that country doesnt even have a AAA credit rating.

**Conquering Eve Online One Pint at a time. **(Excuse my bad spelling and or grammar ive never really valued such things especially when everyone knows what im saying regardless)

Rockius
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-05-10 12:36:01 UTC
Garibaldi Sinatra wrote:
No!

Besides the USD is far to unstable; and that country doesnt even have a AAA credit rating.

That is why CCP would use a 3rd party like pay pal that can convert the virtual currency to whatever type of currency you want to redeem.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#33 - 2012-05-10 14:11:04 UTC
LuminousAxle wrote:
If CCP supported RMT ,

then this post would not exist as eve would be dead.

ccp does support rmt, just only their own rmt. Player run rmt is bad for their business as the dollar value per isk is far less than the isk you get from buying a plex.
Rockius
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-05-10 14:14:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Rockius
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
LuminousAxle wrote:
If CCP supported RMT ,

ccp does support rmt, just only their own rmt. Player run rmt is bad for their business as the dollar value per isk is far less than the isk you get from buying a plex.

That is why if ccp replaced Plex with Aur and gave you the option of buying items, paying for accounts, and redeeming for cash with AUR it could work.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#35 - 2012-05-10 14:16:13 UTC
CCP already has a RMT house

you give CCP or their affiliates cash and they give you GTC
GTC can be converted into PLEX, plex can then be sold for market value and the seller gets ISK in return

this program is open to all players

why put it in the hands of players so they can undercut everyone else and tank the GTC market because they bot 24/7 and have no concept of the value of isk?

really a stupid and utterly redundant idea
Rockius
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-05-10 14:25:31 UTC
Morganta wrote:
CCP already has a RMT house

you give CCP or their affiliates cash and they give you GTC
GTC can be converted into PLEX, plex can then be sold for market value and the seller gets ISK in return

this program is open to all players

why put it in the hands of players so they can undercut everyone else and tank the GTC market because they bot 24/7 and have no concept of the value of isk?

really a stupid and utterly redundant idea

A simple fix would be to limit the amount redeemable per paypal account 100$ a month sounds fair.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#37 - 2012-05-10 14:36:38 UTC
Rockius wrote:
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
LuminousAxle wrote:
If CCP supported RMT ,

That is why if ccp replaced Plex with Aur and gave you the option of buying items, paying for accounts, and redeeming for cash with AUR it could work.

pay to win =/= sandbox.
Rockius
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-05-10 14:40:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Rockius
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Rockius wrote:
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
LuminousAxle wrote:
If CCP supported RMT ,

pay to win =/= sandbox.

Indeed your current choices to make money in eve are these.

1 play the game and grind the isk through eves many careers.

2 buy and sell plex and take the fast track then play the game the way you want.
Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-05-10 15:27:24 UTC
They should remove PLEX and just stick with AUR.

GTC gets converted to Aurum, that Aurum then can be used to purchase
anything you want at the NeX including game time blocks of various sizes.
1 week, 1 month, 3 months, etc etc.

Allow players to make Aurum tokens with any excess they have so they can
trade it on the market as they already do.

Aurum tokens are the new PLEX.
Lara Dantreb
Reisende des Schwarzschild Grenze
#40 - 2012-05-10 15:30:42 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

1. Buy plex from market.

I totally agree with this idea, lets do it!

---   Buying T2 ship bpos since 2005  ---

Previous page123Next page