These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

make Mining missions actually spawn real ore?

Author
Trollin
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-09 18:50:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Trollin
confused as to why missioners get to have a pre-designated, relatively private space designated for their mission
yet miners have to all sit at public belts with beacons or scan a grav site.

why not make mining missions into actual mining missions
talk to agent
"we found some Omber in a nearby system, we need 10k omber"
there is actually 500k omber there, so the miner can mine same as a missioner, in relative privacy and safety
sure u can probe them, same as missioner
sure u can suicide them too, same as a missioner
but at least they are receiving equal treatment as the missioner.

either that or make public beacons for every spawned mission so i can go steal their bounties, and kill them without probing.

We are our own worst enemy.

Liner Xiandra
Sparks Inc
#2 - 2012-05-09 21:55:50 UTC
Your suggestion does not take in the effect it would have on the agent giving you that mission. What's to stop a mining-missioner to not buy the ore from the market and sell it instantly to the agent? (as we currently see with the Materials For War Preparation storyline missions)

Would you be fine with the removal of the mission's isk and LP reward?
Janet Patton
Brony Express
#3 - 2012-05-10 03:11:49 UTC
Just add some rand asteroids that can be mined to the current mining mission sites, just like in security missions.

Why do I have this sig? I don't smoke.

ugh zug
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-05-10 03:35:40 UTC
mining missions should be removed from missions all together. rather just add more rocks into combat missions. .. kill rats mine away.

Want me to shut up? Remove content from my post,1B. Remove my content from a thread I have started 2B.

Trollin
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-10 06:39:54 UTC
Liner Xiandra wrote:
Your suggestion does not take in the effect it would have on the agent giving you that mission. What's to stop a mining-missioner to not buy the ore from the market and sell it instantly to the agent? (as we currently see with the Materials For War Preparation storyline missions)

Would you be fine with the removal of the mission's isk and LP reward?

yup, i didnt want a lp or isk, just roids at a non beacon location that i didnt have to probe but others would if they want to bother me, same as mission runners - the lp and isk reward

We are our own worst enemy.