These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If you really want to grief botters, afk'rs, industrialists and miners

Author
Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-05-09 11:08:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Mugged Yougot
Tor Gungnir wrote:
Haas Tabris wrote:

Oh, and if any of you so called "PVP'rs" who are just a bunch of whiney high-sec haters argue against this, well, you're just showing your true carebear colors. I'd LOVE to PVP without local. It's almost a wet dream of mine. And if you doubt me, well, this is my main and you can go check my record - I probably have more kills than you.

Ganking is not PvP. Nor is griefing. You're just a lowlife dickwad. Man-up and go find some real PvP to satisfy you. But I bet you don't dare.

It is called High Sec for a reason. Local stays.
Ganking certainly is more PvP than shooting ******* rocks day inn and day out. The irony-alert goes off when high-sec miners whine about "pussies" ganking them. Do you not realize that you circlejerk around asteroid-belts in highsec? That sounds pretty "manly" to me.. Maybe you should get some ****-traps instead of spreading your butt-cheeks for ISK 24/7.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-05-09 11:09:41 UTC
Tor Gungnir wrote:

Thing about Hi-Sec is...

Well, it is Hi-Sec.

Simplicity is filled with fabulosity !!

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-05-09 11:11:50 UTC
Tor Gungnir wrote:

But just don't try and justify making ganking and griefing easier under the disguise of wanting to improve PvP because that's bull.

The self-entitled little things just want it all handed to them along with the finest silver to eat it with.

I've got friends who can REALLY 'show them the ropes'.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-05-09 11:14:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Freggan
Mugged Yougot wrote:
Tor Gungnir wrote:
Haas Tabris wrote:

Oh, and if any of you so called "PVP'rs" who are just a bunch of whiney high-sec haters argue against this, well, you're just showing your true carebear colors. I'd LOVE to PVP without local. It's almost a wet dream of mine. And if you doubt me, well, this is my main and you can go check my record - I probably have more kills than you.

Ganking is not PvP. Nor is griefing. You're just a lowlife dickwad. Man-up and go find some real PvP to satisfy you. But I bet you don't dare.

Ganking certainly is more PvP than shooting ******* rocks day inn and day out. The irony-alert goes off when high-sec miners whine about "pussies" ganking them. Do you not realize that you circlejerk around asteroid-belts in highsec? That sounds pretty "manly" to me.. Maybe you should get some ****-traps instead of spreading your butt-cheeks for ISK 24/7.

God you dimwit, not everyone wants an adrenaline rush just after dinner before bed or w/e and when ever they play. The point about manlyness lol these days a person who can think their way out of a wet paper bag is more manly than a dude who just said someone who pvps people who dont want to fight is more manly than someone who doesnt care enough to?

Oops..edit...some people arent very manly coz they have different body parts and are from venus.
Peter Raptor
Galactic Hawks
#25 - 2012-05-09 11:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Peter Raptor
Why are all the "Nerf local Whiners" REFUSING to live in WHs where local's nerfed??

Scanning every 2 seconds in a mining vessel is such a pathetically tedious click fest its laughable. Oh but youre the Ganker so it doesnt effect you and so you couldn't care less.

Don't like local cos you can't pick enough on paperbag tanked hulks, but too scarred to go to WHs cos you may die there from big bad tengus.

How Brave you are Roll

Evelopedia; 

The Amarr Empire, is known for its omnipresent religion  †  

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-05-09 11:15:47 UTC
Haas Tabris wrote:

If you really want to grief botters, afk'rs, industrialists and miners, it's really pretty simple.

I like how you lump botters with industrialists and miners because of your brain's inability to differentiate between them.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

malcovas Henderson
THoF
#27 - 2012-05-09 11:20:03 UTC
Mugged Yougot wrote:
Tor Gungnir wrote:
Haas Tabris wrote:

I PvP Hi, Lo, and Null. My balls are bigger than most of the Gankers. I actually attack ships that can Fight back. In areas that is riskier than Hi sec, and first and foremost, I'm a miner.

vOv
Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-05-09 11:21:26 UTC
I knew the dude once when I was a teenager, he would rant and rave how the police and laws should change because its hindering his ability to menace society and he would dream up some odd scenarios on how to justify the leniency and loop holes he would like.

Happens a fair bit, mostly by the kids with their heads in the clouds all the way up to their belly buttons.
Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-05-09 11:39:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tor Gungnir
Mugged Yougot wrote:
Tor Gungnir wrote:
Haas Tabris wrote:

Who has ever claimed that mining is PvP? It is resource gathering, a sub-type of PvE.

You, Sir, are a moron.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-05-09 11:41:15 UTC
Freggan wrote:

Oops..edit...some people arent very manly coz they have different body parts and are from venus.

I'll show you MY venus. Too late to back-pedal.

Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-05-09 11:45:32 UTC
Fabulousli Obvious wrote:
Freggan wrote:

I'll show you MY venus. Too late to back-pedal.

lol cant be, i back pedaled before you said it was too late Shocked
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-05-09 11:46:15 UTC
Mugged Yougot wrote:
Maybe you should get some ****-traps instead of spreading your butt-cheeks for ISK 24/7.

Only for ISK ?.....shame on them.

Shanija
Confetti Explosion
#33 - 2012-05-09 11:46:23 UTC
While we're nerfing Local, can we make the directional scanner a bit less annoying to use, or maybe incorporate it better into the UI somehow? No Local is all well and good, but hitting that button over and over is a pain and shouldn't be necessary.

Maybe if the current directional scanner was split into two bits so that we had both a repeating scanner and the existing thing, so we retain the existing functionality alongside a much more convenient configurable system that can operate without us having to whack that button every couple of seconds forever.
Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-05-09 11:50:41 UTC
Shanija wrote:
While we're nerfing Local, can we make the directional scanner a bit less annoying to use, or maybe incorporate it better into the UI somehow? No Local is all well and good, but hitting that button over and over is a pain and shouldn't be necessary.

Maybe if the current directional scanner was split into two bits so that we had both a repeating scanner and the existing thing, so we retain the existing functionality alongside a much more convenient configurable system that can operate without us having to whack that button every couple of seconds forever.

I like it, apart from the fact high sec is called high sec for a supposed reason. When you think about it seriously you do wonder why a passive scanner is not running continuously like they have in r/l. Eve is real Big smile
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#35 - 2012-05-09 11:54:47 UTC
Haas Tabris wrote:

Put the fun back in EVE guys. Nerf local. Please. It's only about 9 years overdue FFS.

Local is bad. Local ruins a lot of pvp, conversely, proper scouting should be rewarding. Though an improved DSCAN should be implemented to keep things a little sane, its so bad as it is now.

Also, we have almost the same kill total :D
Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-05-09 12:00:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Mugged Yougot
Freggan wrote:
God you dimwit, not everyone wants an adrenaline rush just after dinner before bed or w/e and when ever they play. The point about manlyness lol these days a person who can think their way out of a wet paper bag is more manly than a dude who just said someone who pvps people who dont want to fight is more manly than someone who doesnt care enough to? Oops..edit...some people arent very manly coz they have different body parts and are from venus.
Good job at pulling things out of context. If you were not such a dimwit yourself, you would have understood that the term "manly" was used as a counterpart to the previously used term "vagina". Not everyone wants to get up at 7 in the morning for a nine to five job, but we still do it because we want the money. Risk and reward. Not reward reward.

Tor Gungnir wrote:
Who has ever claimed that mining is PvP?
You, Sir, are a moron.
Technically it is. After all, you are contributing with minerals used to build ships for PvP.. But that was not my point. My point was that someone who does not PvP should keep their mouth shut about what is PvP and what is not.

You Sir, are a truly gifted individual.

malcovas Henderson wrote:
I PvP Hi, Lo, and Null. My balls are bigger than most of the Gankers. I actually attack ships that can Fight back. In areas that is riskier than Hi sec, and first and foremost, I'm a miner.

vOv
So why don't you use one of your PvP toons to hone your big balls and guard your 'sparring?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#37 - 2012-05-09 12:02:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
If you really want to grief botters, then convo ws26 and ask him how he did this.

Hahaha just kidding of course, AAA Citizens has a zero tolerance policy for botting, and those 5 Tengus and 2 Noctis all just happened to go AFK in the same place at the same time. It's a playstyle thing. Truly!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-05-09 12:07:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Tor Gungnir
No, technically mining is not in any form or shape PvP. Unless you mine in order to roll down the passenger window of your ship, and chuck the nuggets of ore at opposing players' ships.

Saying that it is technically PvP because the materials are used to build ships that may or may not be used in PvP is like saying going to work is technically going to war because the taxes off your salary goes to the state, which maintains the armed forces which may or may not be involved in armed conflict.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-05-09 12:08:38 UTC
Mugged Yougot wrote:
Freggan wrote:
God you dimwit, not everyone wants an adrenaline rush just after dinner before bed or w/e and when ever they play. The point about manlyness lol these days a person who can think their way out of a wet paper bag is more manly than a dude who just said someone who pvps people who dont want to fight is more manly than someone who doesnt care enough to? Oops..edit...some people arent very manly coz they have different body parts and are from venus.
Good job at pulling things out of context. If you were not such a dimwit yourself, you would have understood that the term "manly" was used as a counterpart to the previously used term "vagina". Not everyone wants to get up at 7 in the morning for a nine to five job, but we still do it because we want the money. Risk and reward. Not reward reward.

Tor Gungnir wrote:
Who has ever claimed that mining is PvP?
You, Sir, are a moron.
Technically it is. After all, you are contributing with minerals used to build ships for PvP.. But that was not my point. My point was that someone who does not PvP should keep their mouth shut about what is PvP and what is not.

You Sir, are a truly gifted individual.

malcovas Henderson wrote:

vOv
So why don't you use one of your PvP toons to hone your big balls and guard your 'sparring?

Ouch I actually read all that, left me feeling week with derisive laughter and then I truly did feel dimwitted for not alt-tabbing back to my playnik browser game.
Francisco Bizzaro
#40 - 2012-05-09 12:11:54 UTC
Tor Gungnir wrote:
No, technically mining is not in any form or shape PvP. Unless you mine in order to roll down the passenger window of your ship, and chuck the nuggets of ore at opposing players' ships.

You are competing against other players for the finite resources and when you sell them on the market. Hence PvP.