These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CCP - no really...when is mining going to be a good profession again?

First post
Author
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-05-08 17:13:06 UTC
Seriously CCP, when are you going to do something new with mining and make it a respectable profession again? Right now it seems mining is the joke of EVE and the most hated profession in the game. It is good that you stopped the drone poo express, however, that doesn't address the need of the players that are miners. It has been over 6 years since mining has seen any kind of progress or updates - when is the mining profession going to get some serious love from the devlopers?

Come on CCP - miners need loving, too.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#2 - 2012-05-08 17:21:20 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Seriously CCP, when are you going to do something new with mining and make it a respectable profession again? Right now it seems mining is the joke of EVE and the most hated profession in the game. It is good that you stopped the drone poo express, however, that doesn't address the need of the players that are miners. It has been over 6 years since mining has seen any kind of progress or updates - when is the mining profession going to get some serious love from the devlopers?

It is threads like this which make miners the joke of Eve. But you knew that already, because I told you so in your whiny thread yesterday, too. CCP just literally buffed the **** out of mining.

HTFU much?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Dragon Outlaw
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-05-08 17:23:00 UTC
Didn't you see CCP`s slide about the circle of life in Eve (in last Fanfest):

Harvest - Build - Destroy

So I guess mining will always be around...but it will never be 100% safe.
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-05-08 17:24:03 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

It is threads like this which make miners the joke of Eve. But you knew that already, because I told you so in your whiny thread yesterday, too. CCP just literally buffed the **** out of mining.

HTFU much?

Removing the drone poo adds zero content for miners - it just effects their bottom line. When is mining going to see new ships and new mechanics to make mining as interesting as other professions?
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#5 - 2012-05-08 17:24:37 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Removing the drone poo adds zero content for miners - it just effects their bottom line. When is mining going to see new ships and new mechanics to make mining as interesting as other professions?

When you quit filling up GD with countless whine threads.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#6 - 2012-05-08 17:25:26 UTC
Only you can prevent forum whimpers.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Darth Gustav
#7 - 2012-05-08 17:26:27 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

HTFU much?

You seriously didn't know that a few years ago CCP added a bunch of mining missions?

It hasn't been 6 years. You're so full of hyperbole there's hyperbole in your hyperbole.

And you're way too obsessed with mining for your own good, based on the number of rant threads per day you start.

Just a friendly piece of advice: Try to focus on something other than mining for a day.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Botleten
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-05-08 17:27:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Botleten
People will stop laughing at miners and looking down on them when CCP does something to where it isn't the most mind-numbingly simple, boring task in the game. My friend who got me into this game mined once for 2-3 minutes while I watched and I decided right then and there I'd never mine, ever. How anyone can pursue it as a 'profession' and keep playing this game for more than a week is beyond me.

It needs some sort of dynamic, such as a small series of random tasks done during it that can affect yield depending on the correct sequence... basically anything that makes it more entertaining than lock asteroid, initiate mining turret/drones, repeat mindlessly for hours on end.
Hayaishi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-05-08 17:27:16 UTC
OP appears to have forgotten the Orca, Rorqual, T2 mining links.
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#10 - 2012-05-08 17:27:52 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Only you can prevent forum whimpers.

[img]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/141/384295051_a59d576297_z.jpg[/img]

Darth Gustav
#11 - 2012-05-08 17:30:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
Hayaishi wrote:
OP appears to have forgotten the Orca, Rorqual, T2 mining links.

Don't forget gravimetric signatures.

Just because the OP is an empire pubbie doesn't mean no content for miners was added.

They're all just too risk-averse to go experience it for themelves.

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#12 - 2012-05-08 17:30:56 UTC
There are so many subscribers that there will always be someone happy to take up the role of a casual player and simply mine away for fun. It's not for everyone but there are enough people out there that enjoy it so I don't envisage any change in the near future.

It's barely profitable, you get abuse from griefers and derided generally for doing it but godbless anyone that sticks with it. Never let anyone tell you you are 'doing it wrong', because in all honesty those people are mindless sheep seeking some sort of dumb acceptance from a community of internet spaceship nerds.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-05-08 17:31:06 UTC
Some of you think the game revolves around you and that the others that play this game may just not feel the way you do. Belive it or not some people actually like - "mining". Yes...there are many players that like to mine. You act as if the game revolves around your playstyle. It doesn't. There are other people that play EVE. Is it to much to ask for a little attention to the one profession that hasn't seen any new updates in forever.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#14 - 2012-05-08 17:31:55 UTC
As long as the OP keeps posting whine threads, CCP will continue to keep mining boring.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Darth Gustav
#15 - 2012-05-08 17:32:10 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Some of you think the game revolves around you and that the others that play this game may just not feel the way you do. Belive it or not some people actually like - "mining". Yes...there are many players that like to mine. You act as if the game revolves around your playstyle. It doesn't. There are other people that play EVE. Is it to much to ask for a little attention to the one profession that hasn't seen any new updates in forever.

The content you're looking for - new content - is in null.

Go there. Experience it. They're called gravimetric signatures. And the rocks are big. Very, very big.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#16 - 2012-05-08 17:32:29 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Miners are CCPs ticket to free advertising. Why buff something that creates so much press from events like Hulkageddon?

The thought of killing defenseless ships is what attracts all those poor bottom feeders with money to burn and no other games that haven't banned them yet.

No, Saia Tae, you will see no mining changes until CCP creates a new victim class. And that's unlikely to happen any time soon.

Mr Epeen Cool
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#17 - 2012-05-08 17:33:43 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Actually, most people don't think the game revolves around them, whether they PvP, mission, do wormholes, exploration, and yes, even mine. The problem is dipshits like you who come into GD and **** up the place with your countless whine threads give miners a bad name.

Darth Gustav
#18 - 2012-05-08 17:35:30 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Miners are CCPs ticket to free advertising. Why buff something that creates so much press from events like Hulkageddon?

The thought of killing defenseless ships is what attracts all those poor bottom feeders with money to burn and no other games that haven't banned them yet.

No, Saia Tae, you will see no mining changes until CCP creates a new victim class. And that's unlikely to happen any time soon.

Mr Epeen Cool

This is such nonsense. You're just plain wrong.

The content she claims hasn't been updated in six years most certainly has.

She, and others like her, are simply too risk-averse to seize the opportunity and actually experience this "new" content.

It's sad that CCP can give players the content but they can't lead them to it.

Stubborn mules anyway.

Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-05-08 17:36:34 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Actually, most people don't think the game revolves around them, whether they PvP, mission, do wormholes, exploration, and yes, even mine. The problem is dipshits like you who come into GD and **** up the place with your countless whine threads give miners a bad name.

Oh so miners are suppose to just stay quiet and never voice their concerns like good little ganker fodder? **** that. We're part of the game. Miners are a profession in game and deserve as much attention as the rest of the game.
Darth Gustav
#20 - 2012-05-08 17:38:22 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Karl Hobb wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Oh so miners are suppose to just stay quiet and never voice their concerns like good little ganker fodder? **** that. We're part of the game. Miners are a profession in game and deserve as much attention as the rest of the game.

You want new content? Go and ******* run it, it's out there in null sec gravimetric sites.

Otherwise, your qq's sustain me just fine.

123Next pageLast page