These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Capital Construction Parts Question

Author
Abendego Solette
YMBCM Mining and Exploration
#1 - 2012-05-07 14:49:45 UTC
Quick question for people experienced in capital construction part manufacturing:

I see a lot of dealing between BPOs and BPCs but not so much in the way of dealing of the actual parts. I'm fairly solo in my manufacturing ventures so I don't really have a corp/alliance to deal my created parts to. My question is, where is the market primarily located for these parts? Are they in contracts? Market orders? Am I screwed unless I have a corporation to buy them off of me regularly? I've seen next to none for sale in some of the busier markets. Any direction would be most helpful!

Thanks fellow industrialists :)
Jun'tarious
Hanuman Corporation
#2 - 2012-05-07 15:54:09 UTC
I'm new to the cap prod game myself so i cannot say for certain if this is what's up... But it's my experience that the mineral prices right now are so wonky that it's waaay easier(cost effective) just to mine your minerals and build from a cheap bpc than to pay current market value. At least is was before Hulkageddon.

I'm sure someone else can chime in with another bit of info.
Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
#3 - 2012-05-07 16:41:41 UTC
the problem with parts is that they consume a lot of space, 10K each IIRC. Most producers will want to transport minerals in compressed form and build the parts at the same place they build the caps. especially if they are producing in low or null sec. of course there's always jita, you shouldn't have a problem finding parts there.
Immortis Vexx
Onyx Moon Industries
#4 - 2012-05-07 16:44:45 UTC
The market for them is in the BPC contract market. Typically for starting out in the cap ship market you won't be buying the BPOs for the cap ship components. As stated before, it is also vastly inefficient to transport them anywhere. A lot of times people will sell ship "kits" on the contract market. Do a search for the ship that you want to build and you will find a container with all the bpcs that you need to build said ship. Most of them are fairly reasonable in price and are well researched.

Vexx
Breaker77
Reclamation Industries
#5 - 2012-05-07 23:32:28 UTC
Iosue wrote:
the problem with parts is that they consume a lot of space, 10K each IIRC.

This really. Capital parts are one of the few items where the finished product takes up MORE space than the minerals required to build them.

brinelan
#6 - 2012-05-08 02:18:59 UTC
Jun'tarious wrote:
I'm new to the cap prod game myself so i cannot say for certain if this is what's up... But it's my experience that the mineral prices right now are so wonky that it's waaay easier(cost effective) just to mine your minerals and build from a cheap bpc than to pay current market value. At least is was before Hulkageddon.

I'm sure someone else can chime in with another bit of info.

It is not that it is cheaper or more cost effective (minerals you mine are not free, they are worth what you can sell them for) it is all in the logistics as others have mentioned. Most cap producers bring minerals to the build site and build the components and final build at the same location.
Morgan Dinn
The 20th Legion
#7 - 2012-05-08 06:08:36 UTC
Abendego Solette wrote:
Quick question for people experienced in capital construction part manufacturing:

I see a lot of dealing between BPOs and BPCs but not so much in the way of dealing of the actual parts. I'm fairly solo in my manufacturing ventures so I don't really have a corp/alliance to deal my created parts to. My question is, where is the market primarily located for these parts? Are they in contracts? Market orders? Am I screwed unless I have a corporation to buy them off of me regularly? I've seen next to none for sale in some of the busier markets. Any direction would be most helpful!

Thanks fellow industrialists :)

If you do parts you could do ships while your at it. If you don't want to go to low sec start with freighters, jump freighter and orcas. When you feel man enough to go to low sec and know how to do it right you should make carriers, dread and rorquals.

All the ships sell quite easiely on the market also and I would say you get a better profit on general market in low sec than from alliances.

And the problem on making just parts is that someone needs to haul the parts and they are 10k m3 each. So you realy don't want to move parts.
Abendego Solette
YMBCM Mining and Exploration
#8 - 2012-05-08 13:06:07 UTC
Thanks a lot for the insight guys. The size of the parts was definitely not something I had considered and the reasons why they're dealt with differently because of that makes complete sense.