These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Move All Manufacturing to Lo/Null

Author
Greyscale Dash
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-05-07 19:35:48 UTC
I've gotten into manufacturing and have noticed that the ques in hi sec tend to be filled constantly, and get refilled so fast after opening that they must be bots.

This game is all about risk and reward, so where is the risk in camping the manufacturing que in hi sec?

I propose that all manufacturing is moved to lo sec and null sec. I think this would make the game more interesting and would add a new dimension to EVE's already complex manufacturing process.
Tillin Sylph
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-05-07 19:36:35 UTC
Goon alt spotted.
Greyscale Dash
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-05-07 19:38:24 UTC
Tillin Sylph wrote:
Goon alt spotted.

You wish.

No trolls please.
Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-05-07 19:38:48 UTC
you don't have to do anything in high sec, you should move all of yours in to low/nul :)
Tillin Sylph
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-05-07 19:39:13 UTC
Heh.
Metal Icarus
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#6 - 2012-05-07 19:40:04 UTC
Goon alt or not, stupid post and I want my 2 minutes back.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2012-05-07 19:43:27 UTC
Find a less busy system
Greyscale Dash
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-05-07 19:51:13 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Find a less busy system

I'd like to hear a suggestion.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2012-05-07 19:52:51 UTC
Greyscale Dash wrote:

Something away from the main trade hubs would help. I dont have any bother with finding manufacturing slots.
Radelix Cisko
JUMP DRIVE ACTIVE
#10 - 2012-05-07 19:52:56 UTC
4 jumps out from Jita in any direction should do. I rarely have to wait for queues. Also put up a POS. No waiting there.

Despite my posting prowess I really am terrible at this game

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#11 - 2012-05-07 19:53:34 UTC
That makes little sense. Highsec was pretty much perfectly set up to manufacture most things. Let them enjoy it.

Besides, being the source of Tritanium makes it a natural choice.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-05-07 19:55:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
I never wait to manufacture anything, it must be the region you are in.

You wouldn't by chance be in The Forge Region ?
Patrick Estemaire
Cosmic Puppet Theatre
#13 - 2012-05-07 19:58:55 UTC
Must be in Forge. Move out. Domain is an excellent location for manufacturing as you have Jita and Amarr nearby. Honestly there are a number of regions in that area that are ideal.

Once you get into Tech II Production you'll need your own POS to copy blueprints at. Plan accordingly.

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#14 - 2012-05-07 20:05:50 UTC
I am usually able to find empty slots myself. Where are you trying to manufacture stuff?
Indeterminacy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-05-07 20:13:43 UTC
Greyscale Dash wrote:
...so where is the risk in camping the manufacturing que in hi sec?

I heard CCP are thinking about adding something to address this. And I heard they are called war decs. Also, there's always the risk of getting your raw materials and finished product suicided.

Ban OP for [bad] trolling.
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#16 - 2012-05-07 20:14:04 UTC
Greyscale Dash wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Find a less busy system

Go more than four jumps from any trade hub and it should be better. I can always find a bunch of open manufacturing slots. Going to regions that don't have a major trade hub can also help.

Labs however, that is another story.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#17 - 2012-05-07 20:14:48 UTC
Rather than move ALL production to low sec, introduce tax break or red-tape incentives to do manufacturing in less regulated systems. Allow production in high-sec still, particularly still in high-sec POS, but encumber it somewhat with regulations that basically amount to longer production cycles and higher taxation on operations.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#18 - 2012-05-07 20:17:41 UTC
No I think High Sec should be a place for manufacturing and trade, but had you said move all resources to Low, Null, and WH space I'd be inclined to agree.
Brother chookta
One Horse Trading
#19 - 2012-05-07 20:24:05 UTC
Suroken VIII moon 13, Caldari navy assembly plant - Oh, in fact theres about 5 stations with free slots.

GOON TROLL.
Indeterminacy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-05-07 21:06:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Indeterminacy
Lady Spank wrote:
Rather than move ALL production to low sec, introduce tax break or red-tape incentives to do manufacturing in less regulated systems. Allow production in high-sec still, particularly still in high-sec POS, but encumber it somewhat with regulations that basically amount to longer production cycles and higher taxation on operations.

This is in place already to some degree. High sec corps have no control over office rental fees and poor access to raw materials for POS Fuel (it's present, just not viable). low/0.0 corps can have a say in rental fees (0.0 only) and have access to raw materials for POS Fuel.

low and 0.0 corps can have access T2 component raw materials to reduce their build costs, high sec corps have no access to these materials. And low and 0.0 corps have access to high end minerals in space controlled by friendlies, high sec has little to no access to high end mins.

Finally, high sec corps have to grind standing before anchoring a POS for invention, copying, and component manufacturing...and time is money. Low/0.0 corps don't have this burden.
123Next pageLast page