These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Captains Quarters... ideas, suggestions and enhancements

First post
Author
Lost True
Perkone
Caldari State
#201 - 2012-05-06 15:55:30 UTC
Packtu'sa wrote:
because we wouldn't want you walking around the public parts of the station looking like a slob.

It's should be possible. Should others beat that out of him - that's another question Smile

in 2007 i've thought it's a sci-fi simulator, not an "e-sports" game. I'm not a teenager, how would i like it much?

Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#202 - 2012-05-07 14:09:12 UTC
Weapons in CQ and perhaps a combat training room that you can enter through "the door".

I know, I know, I could always play Dust if I wanted gun with my Avatar, but in-stations fights are a possibility if you read the chronicles such "Jita 4-4" and others. I don't mind being restricted in certain areas such as heavily-populated high-sec rooms and levels but I would like to be able to pounce on my enemies on dark alleyways and corridors in the low-sec areas of the stations.

Adapt or Die

Kor'o Yr'Y'eldi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#203 - 2012-05-08 08:28:56 UTC
Hey guys, sorry if any of these have already been covered, I'll admit that I only made it to page five before finally just deciding I wanted to post all my ideas.

Anyways, here're my ideas:

1. A video with the undocking of a pod into the CQ, with a pilot disembarking and standing on his/her balcony. I know this has been discussed before, and dismissed because it is too much time and effort (and therefore money) spent on something that the majority of the playerbase might watch once then turn off. Worse, in the case of Bittervets everywhere, they might never even bother watching.

With that said-- Then make it one of your super-sexy trailers. On the next expansion you decide to re-invent walking in stations(probably a year or so away the way things look I'm sure) it can be your opener. A ship being tractored into the little bay off to the side of the station's main byway where suddenly the hatch which contains a pod is released and floats nonchalantly away. (in the background here could be your first ever moment to reveal what 'Scotty' looks like, as the ship is tethered with mooring beams or whatnot.) The pod is to the gantry now, it opens and suddenly that really cool thing where the nanites clean your capsuleer off and clothe him happens. Our dashing/sexy(dunno which route you'd go with this one, you're the game/cinematic designers) capsuleer stands up and enters..... THE CQ REDUX (whatever it is you decide to do there)

2. Speaking of that 'main byway' which captain quarters are supposed to be just off of, do you think we could get some traffic out there while we stand on our balconies? If we could get this traffic proportional to the amount of activity in the station, that'd be really cool. For example, in Jita, dozens are undocking/docking every minute, while in other places you may see three in ten minutes. It doesn't have to legitimately show us what people are undocking or docking in(though that would be cool), just something that shows us that we aren't the only people around. Shuttles, little civvie craft we've never seen that are used as in station taxis. Something... cause I feel awfully alone when I'm in my CQ, which is sad in a game as social as EVE.

3. I support the idea of a bathroom. Doesn't need to be useable, just there. I mean come on... they give the most powerful individuals in the world a couch a bed and a mirror? Force them to use public bathrooms? Capsuleers are supposed to be the gods of EVE, every other area of EVE supports this, CQ makes us look like people on the run from the law who stay in crappy hotels overnight in case the cops catch up. (In the same vein I support the ideas of everyone who wants to make CQ bigger, rent-a-CQ, all that stuff is cool and stuff, but I didn't want to steal thunder or rehash what everyone else had said.)

4. I also support the idea of allowing everyone to customize their own screens to show what they want. The way they are now you get fairly randomized updates on things you dont necessarily care about. Also, if there is a way to upload player news to the main screen of the CQ, please, please tell me about how to do that. Being a reporter for EVE is possible already, but if there were a way to make it that personal and interesting, suddenly I would be biting at the bit to join the ISD. Being a reporter could suddenly be cool, and be a way to make a name for yourself. "TUNE IN TONIGHT AT 20:00EVE TIME FOR OUR REGIONAL UPDATES, FOLLOWED BY STATE OF NEW EDEN AT 20:15" Just another immersion thing that would be TOTALLY AWESOME, in my opinion.

That's about all I have on CQ-specific ranting. The rest of the ideas I have are all WiS/EVE-Dust kind of ideas, but there aren't many and its not like that limitation has stopped anyone else before me *cough cough*.

5. So two fanfests in a row we have seen this really epic room on a station. You know the one, it has a huge window, a table with some holograms. In the first one, we saw that evil doer who "broke his honor" or whatever and refused to launch an airstrike to save some pooooooor pooooor Dusties. MI does the dying, or so I've heard. In the second one, we saw this beautiful room used as a place for the Dusties to congregate, to finalize fittings, strategies, choose which vehicals they want available. Here's what I want to see happen. I want to be able to walk into one of these lobby rooms with my omnipotent Battleship/Dread(only things we've seen so far with orbital strikes so far) capsuleer and say. "Hello, boys. I'm here to offer you a bit of death from above in the form of hypervelocity railgun rounds. One million isk is the starting bid. Which one of you can do higher?" I want to stroll around in this room, because it was made, its on my stations, and why the hell should I not be allowed to? Unless those rooms are SPECIFICALLY owned by each merc corp, I say you let us in them.

6. Make the new POS system(LOLOLOLOL) when(hahahaha) there is one dockable. Maybe it could be a different CQ. Smaller even than the poor hotel rooms of CQs we have now, or simply un-upgradable. Either way, I think they should be dockable, and therefore able to have WiS. Even just a lil bit. Let those poor WH space boys out of their ships once in a while. Pod insanity is a thing, isn't it?

I guess that's it for me. Feel free to flame, or even build me up if you like any of my ideas. I love criticism, even if its just "come on, that would stress your cpu so much it'll never happen".
Della Monk
Monastery of Drakes
#204 - 2012-05-08 08:45:21 UTC
Kor'o Yr'Y'eldi wrote:
5. So two fanfests in a row we have seen this really epic room on a station. You know the one, it has a huge window, a table with some holograms. In the first one, we saw that evil doer who "broke his honor" or whatever and refused to launch an airstrike to save some pooooooor pooooor Dusties. MI does the dying, or so I've heard. In the second one, we saw this beautiful room used as a place for the Dusties to congregate, to finalize fittings, strategies, choose which vehicals they want available. Here's what I want to see happen. I want to be able to walk into one of these lobby rooms with my omnipotent Battleship/Dread(only things we've seen so far with orbital strikes so far) capsuleer and say. "Hello, boys. I'm here to offer you a bit of death from above in the form of hypervelocity railgun rounds. One million isk is the starting bid. Which one of you can do higher?" I want to stroll around in this room, because it was made, its on my stations, and why the hell should I not be allowed to? Unless those rooms are SPECIFICALLY owned by each merc corp, I say you let us in them.

My only comment is that I don't want to walk amongst the dust bunnies.
I want to have a balcony above them,
Statler and Waldorf style.
xCabalx
The Wallstreet Bulls Corporation
#205 - 2012-05-08 15:22:21 UTC
Suggestion to all these awesome suggestions for CCP: At first concentrate on Trade Hubs for testing and feedback!
Sunviking
Doomheim
#206 - 2012-05-08 21:51:00 UTC
I really want to see a number of Bars, or Taverns in each Station.

Oh, and maybe a Strip Joint or two.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#207 - 2012-05-08 23:43:43 UTC
You know. I was wondering if CCP should consider using crowd sourcing in combination with their prototyping to help determine where to focus their efforts in regards to Incarna.
Jouron
Hadon Shipping
#208 - 2012-05-10 15:32:10 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4&feature=relmfu

What happened to all of this tech^ It looked like this would have been good stuff.

Was it all wasted time and money?
Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#209 - 2012-05-11 19:41:59 UTC
Jouron wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4&feature=relmfu

What happened to all of this tech^ It looked like this would have been good stuff.

Was it all wasted time and money?

That is a good question. Since I'm given to understand that Zulu, who is no longer with CCP due to the massive 'fan' angst, I seriously doubt we'll see any motion on this at all.

What I'd like to see is doing away with the current market system and introducing corp run shops that get rented along with offices. The market will generate a regional average still, but you'd actually have to walk around to find deals.

And, again, customization of CQ. I'd love to put my cracked fullerine shard as a decoration.
Olodn
Infinite Duress
#210 - 2012-05-11 22:00:35 UTC
I would like to see kinect support, a dart game and a pole for my exotic dancers.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#211 - 2012-05-12 16:24:04 UTC
Bugs & Performance:

Pathfinding works with glitches near stairs - pilot loses direction and step in different directions for 5-10 seconds.

Enhancement:

PI and / or Incursions map device on table rotating holograms of planets and constellations.

Ship hologram somewhere (table?) - switching from one ship to another every minute with ship's name and class display (and role). It will allow new players to learn ships quickly. Click on hologram display info window.

Additions:

Chess with ships as figures. Player can choose which faction is "black" / "white" and which firgate use as pawns. Probably multiplayer in the future with ability to play against multiple opponents at once.
Andy Landen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#212 - 2012-05-13 00:16:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Andy Landen
Let me change the channel on each monitor!

Let me choose system cameras located outside the station, at the gates, and at the planets and moons. Each location has several cameras pointing in different directions, and the channel displays a grid of those cameras. Cloaked ships obviously don't appear on the cameras.

Let me customize my channels. Let me create a market channel which lists the trading information on the items of my choice, including the display of manufacture cost analysis, trend analysis, and other trading comparison charts, etc. Let me click on those monitors to interact with the data.

Let me choose a channel of various cameras inside the station, including the mess, the meeting rooms, and the bridge.

Let channels include the avatar of my favorite player or myself. Or a static image of my corp or alliance flag.

Let me decorate, re-arrange locations of furniture, etc. and set the number of and size of monitors!

Edit:
Oh yeah, and CQ for POS, too. Part of the ship maintenance array. Modular POS

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein 

Manostranoia
Dragoon inc
#213 - 2012-05-14 01:23:58 UTC
here is an idea for the walking stations which might be useable.

1. only allowing personnel on missions for bounty hunters will be able to use or carry weapons

2. Only allowing the faction poilce and conord to use full force to the persons who have -10 status and about 5 mil bounty on there heads.

3. Also the walking in station would also be use like the vid for the dust 514 which will allow the eve players to observe an on goin match in CQ which would be a much better use of the mega big screens tht are alrdy in there.

If there is anything else tht someone would like to add plz reply
Sarah Britania
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#214 - 2012-05-14 16:04:07 UTC
1. implant apparels blueprints that player can start production :)
Annie Ivarsson
GraveWalker's
#215 - 2012-05-14 23:56:11 UTC
Wierd brainstorm, I am a little scared since I wrote this sober.

- Boarding ships

Why are we destroying ships that have been reduced to 5% hull? Boarding ships with capabilities to steal severly damaged ships and ejecting their current pod.

- Warp Direction Calculator

Tells you where locked targets warp off to. Or illustrates it for unlocked targets. something like that to ease alt scouting and perhaps chasing after stabbed stuff.

- Crews

Crews that are modules that full under a fourth category, 1 per ship, and classified by the size of the ship. Come with various amounts of training and grant small bonuses. (Think ship-implants) Perhaps they aquire experience making them more effective as they surive longer. (Always killed with ships, they are not capsuleers after all).

- Crews can be chopped up for vital organs and bodily fluids for skin care products that make capsuleers appear younger or prettier.

contraband highly illegal offcourse

- Ghost ships

Ships that reduce command bonuses and crew bonuses. Counter-command ships sort of. Must ook scary.

- Collosseum

Where players and fleets can go at eachother in short notice in high sec and bets can be made by observers. Our very own football league.

-Human trafficking and other hienous crimes

Space prostitutes and exotic dancers improve crew morale. Japanese styled army brothels for better combat efficiancy.

- Long limb roes and champagne (and other food)

Modern nuclear submarines are mostly restricted by the amount of food they can carry. Crews need to eat or they'll starve to death, rendering ships unusable or inspiring mutany.

- Attractions to drag people away from gates were most battles are fought

Gold carrying NPCs that are lost in space and the crew have starved to death. Appear in deadspace where concord can't see. And grant a little ISK (a few or a dozen mills) to keep players interested. Can be camped for epic lulz. Disappear after an hour or so when Concord notices.

- Anti-Cloak destroyers

Do not reveal cloaked targets, but can know their general direction and laucnh depth charge styled attacks.

- Extotortion mehcanism

Allows people to view implants and gurantees a safe escape if the ISK demanded is paid.

- Paint jobs

Add fancy speed stripes to make your ship "go faster". :3

- Make narcotics profitable

Build up a narcotics market on a inhabitated planet and deliver narcotics for ISK while squeezing out the competition through violent means (something for dust players to do when they are not invading planets).

- Racketeering contracts

Make a corp or allience your *****, after decimating them in a war. The losing corp will be billed weekly in exchange for "protection" as a part of surrender terms. Players that try to leave corp are red to the pimps for a week.

- Capsuleers feel withdrawal effects if they don't take that blue pill like they always do

Lock your capsuleer in a treatment clinic for a week to rid of addiction.

- Disconnect concord flight observer

Makes you red to everyone

Now for the really wierd idea:

- New Eden explorers find a womrhole that leads to another galaxy that is very small and far away

It has access to material that is required to build some new stuff. Some wierd space alien hardware that will be the best stuff in the game. But they also pod players in PvE, they are however not in missions they are bots that behave like players or players might even be allowed to control them, not one but fleets at a time and they cannot interact with normal eve players. If you are killed in this galaxy your medical clone is tranferred back to new Eden and you cannot enter for a week.

The evil space aliens feast on human brains and torture capsuleers for hours before killing them rendering the toon unplayable for a day and psychologically scarred for a life time. It might even lose its mind if you forget to take your pills and might be interrupted by vietnam styled flashbacks occasionally. And scenes play of your character slamming his fist on the floor, naked and dead drunk screaming "why me?" or "the horror the horror" when you sign in.

It will be a giant ISK faucet of very rare alien faction drop, that has some serious risks, I want all but 10% of the players that enter to last for than an hour and to be able to send a limited amount of stuff back. that ranges from a little profitable to something ridiculously expensive if you can infiltrate far into alien space while the space alien commanders are omniscient and all but all powerful. Alien command rankins drop seriosuly if ones area is infiltrated and alien commanders are maybe like 100 at a time

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#216 - 2012-05-15 21:28:20 UTC
Market terminal on wall instead of either corp or planetary screen - or +1 additional screen.

Screen display list of goods from player's market quickbar with actual prices with 1-5min updates (max purchase price and min sale price).
Flamespar
WarRavens
#217 - 2012-05-21 03:27:35 UTC
Another suggestion. Move the agent mission window to the main screen. So it's more like a teleconference.
Jouron
Hadon Shipping
#218 - 2012-05-21 15:10:04 UTC
Yea moving more info window stuff to CQ video screens could be neat. Accessing the agent finder acutally appearing on the main screen and then turning into your agent convo screen could be cool.
Arch Raptor
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#219 - 2012-05-22 07:46:20 UTC
I just want to get naked and sit on the couch... I mean really.... I go out all day and shoot at others, get shot at, or get my pants dirty with all that mining of rocks. Can't a guy or girl just get naked at the end of a long day in his private quarters?

Huncut hacuka
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#220 - 2012-05-23 11:27:13 UTC
Hello people of EvE,

I just have a suggestion for the captians quaters involving making the bed becoming an option to quit or log out of the game when the mouse is hovered over it.

Thanks for your time,

Huncut.