These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why force your play style on others?

Author
Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#201 - 2012-05-06 03:59:27 UTC
XIRUSPHERE wrote:
Non-consensual best consensual.

That'swhat I rolls my last girlfriend but she didn't agre. Cry
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#202 - 2012-05-06 05:23:56 UTC
Why is it that when someone tries to defend the "highsec carebear" playstyle it always sounds like an immature and egocentric sore loser?
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#203 - 2012-05-06 06:05:50 UTC
If someone is interested in joining Goonswarm - just exactly how can this be done - I am a curious sort. :) Maybe I have seen the light and wish to fly with the best of the best. Tell me how this can be done.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#204 - 2012-05-06 19:11:43 UTC
Amitious Turkey wrote:
Hi, welcome to Eve. Now GTFO, and leave your women and goats.

ha! Liked this ^

Signatures should be used responsibly...

T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#205 - 2012-05-06 19:18:09 UTC
Why? 'Cause mama said I was special, and that makes mine better.

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#206 - 2012-05-06 19:20:32 UTC
Why force your play style on others? I do not understand this drive from some players of EVE that think their style of playing the game is the only way. Who cares if some people wish to play in high sec? If you wish to be left alone, you have the station to do this all you want and the people in station really do not give a crap what you do - so why do you care what they do? Did it ever occur to you that some people just do not give a flying **** about your style of game play and just wish to play the way it's allowed to, which is the way they want to play it?

Kickaha d'Rynn
Undead Jesters
#207 - 2012-05-06 19:47:39 UTC
It's just the nature of the game, much like RL. One can "force" violence on a pacifist whereas one cannot force non-violence on the agressor, only provide negative consequences after the fact.

Thus the force only flows one-way.

Now if instead of kill-rights and immediate destruction by CONCORD, the PvEer had a choice in punishment for the PvPer upon a failed attack before intervention... hard labor (a forced period of mining, be it by m3 or set time) or Community Service (high-sec mission running) the "forced playstyle" would run both ways.

It wouldn't make a better New Eden, however.

Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#208 - 2012-05-06 19:55:02 UTC
I am really looking forward to the day when CONCORD leaves hisec and all the cool eve players can finally have their way. It'll be awesome, there will be popcorn and of course only mature discussions on EGD.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#209 - 2012-05-06 20:23:03 UTC
Kickaha d'Rynn wrote:
It's just the nature of the game, much like RL. One can "force" violence on a pacifist whereas one cannot force non-violence on the agressor, only provide negative consequences after the fact.

Now if instead of kill-rights and immediate destruction by CONCORD, the PvEer had a choice in punishment for the PvPer upon a failed attack before intervention... hard labor (a forced period of mining, be it by m3 or set time) or Community Service (high-sec mission running) the "forced playstyle" would run both ways.

Technically, all pvpers are forced into hard labour when they need to grind sec status or replace expensive equipment.
Sri Nova
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#210 - 2012-05-06 20:37:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sri Nova
just wanted to echo that lot of people seem to forget or are ignorant to the fact of sec status ... this provides an excellent foundation to apply consequences to greifers and or those who want to punish high sec players.
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#211 - 2012-05-06 20:57:29 UTC
Why can't I blow up high-sec dwellers in peace without whiners coming to the forums asking for CCP to protect them?

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Waylan Yutani
SkyLark Insurgency
#212 - 2012-05-06 21:00:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Waylan Yutani
I dont want to force my playstyle on others, i just think it would be a great idea if roids didnt respawn for a month or so Lol

Edit;

Kuehnelt wrote:
You don't understand it? OK, let James 315 explain.

Sh't don't read that goon propaganda Roll
Kickaha d'Rynn
Undead Jesters
#213 - 2012-05-06 21:00:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Kickaha d'Rynn
Takseen wrote:
Kickaha d'Rynn wrote:

Technically, all pvpers are forced into hard labour when they need to grind sec status or replace expensive equipment.

True. This, however, is a game mechanic and is not the same as a player-forced mechanic. A PvEr does not cry because of the ship loss (and subsequent isk cost of replacing said ship) due to PvE foolishness, they cry when such loss is caused by another player.

Also, the PvPer gets to keep whatever bounties and loot are acquired in the restitution of their sec status. If those "rewards" were to go to the PvEr it would also more accurately reflect a two-way street.

Please note this a purely philisophical arguement regarding how loss is regarded differently dependant on cause rather than an actual plea for such measures to be implemented.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#214 - 2012-05-06 21:03:07 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
If someone is interested in joining Goonswarm - just exactly how can this be done - I am a curious sort. :) Maybe I have seen the light and wish to fly with the best of the best. Tell me how this can be done.

Speak to a certified Goonswarm Recruiter. They will get you pointed in the right direction.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#215 - 2012-05-06 21:06:13 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others? I do not understand this drive from some players of EVE that think their style of playing the game is the only way. Who cares if some people wish to play in high sec? If you wish to blow **** up, you have null and low sec to do this all you want and the people in high sec really do not give a crap what you do - so why do you care what they do? Did it ever occur to you that some people just do not give a flying **** about your style of game play and just wish to be left alone to play the game the way they want to play it?

Most people that play EVE don't give a flying rats arse about null sec, and low sec. So why should those that choose to play in low and null sec give a flying rats arse about the people in high sec?

This post makes no sense.

If you want people to play the game how they want, ******* let them.

You are doing EXACTLY what you are complaining about.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#216 - 2012-05-06 21:08:18 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

They don't recruit from in game.

You have to be part of SA forum community and pay your $10 (is it that much still??) anything else is a scam.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#217 - 2012-05-06 21:10:39 UTC
Thomas Kreshant wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

They don't recruit from in game.

You have to be part of SA forum community and pay your $10 (is it that much still??) anything else is a scam.

These are false accusations. Anyone can be a part of the Goonswarm Federation. Just speak to a recruiter.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#218 - 2012-05-06 21:19:45 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Actually I just came back to the game to see if it had improved since I left and it seems it hasn't, the same whining bunch are still here whining about high sec. Same old same old.

lol...new here...but the only whining I've observed has been from the carebears...

"Why can't I be immune to PvP, in a PvP game?"
"Why can't I play an MMO by myself in a bubble?"

Seems the Low/Null sec people just call out the BS from the High sec QQers...

lol...I feel like a lot of people miss the point/intent of this game, at least as I understand it...

James315 for CSM 8!

Verte Sinkon
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#219 - 2012-05-06 22:20:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Verte Sinkon
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

You can do it multiple ways but the easiest way to join our exclusive club at the Something Awful forums and get a platinum account then proceed to reach at least 100 post, preferably in FYAD.
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#220 - 2012-05-06 23:18:46 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others?

Because their playstyle is savage and incorrect, and they must be broken of it by force.